It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prison break (Official BTS Discussion on the Hit T.V. Show)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Show resumes tonight! Ahh its been so long.

Sucre is trying to skip out with the cash, I don't see this going to far. Linc thinks he is going to stroll in and snatch LJ.

Excited for tonights episode!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
www.24trailer.com...

that's what tv is all about. everything else is really just filler until 24 begins. I will say that heroes has been good (missed the second episode thanks to a tivo erase) but nothing as nailbiting as 24 or last season's prison break. I gave up on nip/tuck this past week and I am no longer interested in the other shows I was taping.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Anyone watch tonights episode?

Mahoney has finally shown some insight to his charachter. He's dirtier than we thought.

Alittle predictable I thought, except for Linc's scheme to snatch LJ. I liked that.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
that woman (sorry i don't know the names) is so dumb...

it took her so long that it was that guy who sent those goons to the pay phone to kill her...

i am hooked to this show

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Yeah I know who your talking about. Alittle to naive of her surroundings, I can't wait until the President comes down on this one.

I was glad to see the truth behind Sucre in the basement. His friendship with Scofield is one of the hilights of the show for me. His willingness to stand by him in the river was another sign of this friendship. The others are more about themselves, where these two are for each other.

It does justice for the show.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
i enjoyed the faux stealing of the cash...

additionally, i loved that the southerner coned them all

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yeah T-Bag is quite the charachter.

Amazing that he outwitted the rest of them.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
what gets me about the show is the stupidity of the characters, especially the smart ones. Scofield should be long gone by now. He's clearly a genius with amazing foresight and yet we all know he's going to wind up chasing that money.

Sucre going back to his love is the easiest way to get caught.

Linc continually going after his son, who is obviously surrounded by gov't goons is moronic but Linc's ability to continually slip in and out of the gov't goon's net is even more pathetic.

And in the coming attractions we see that c note goes back to the wife and daughter. Dumb Dumb Dumb.

they are all a group of morons. Except T-bag. He seems to be the smartest of the group.

I love the show but the impossible actions each week make it a bit hard to swallow.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
They all escaped prison for a reason. Most of which were family related.

Why would Sucre go through all the efforts of escaping if he didn't even bother going for Mary Ella? (I believe thats her name)

Linc has one thing in life, his son. Why wouldn't he spend every waking hour trying to assure his safety?

Scofield is the definition of loyalty. His loyalty to his brother and Sucre are a key aspect of the show that I really enjoy.

T-Bag is the only charachter who has full intentions of committing another crime. Seems like he is the dumb one.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
sucre was getting out in a few months. he escaped to stop the marriage. the writers are basically showing you how dumb convicts can be. if there is a national manhunt for you, you don't go to the one place you know they are looking for you.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Too true.

But for dramatic purposes, where would the show be if they all went and hid out? We need to open our imaginations here. Some of the far fetched writing in Season 1 was alittle more absurd I thought.

Scofields plot was... lets say... something else!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
of course there's a huge far fetch factor but the first season's reaching plot lines were so impossible that you could ignore them. the tattoo, the ability to find and make objects based solely on a patch of skin is inane. The sheer lunacy of these things are passed off as entertainment, much like Jack Bauer's superhero type ability to escape death (literally in season two) in 24. You have to suspend rational thinking for these kinds of shows but when you compromise the basic principal of thinking you are asking the viewer to change their opinion and belief of a character's basic personality traits. For example, Scofield never,ever would have left Sucre to die without doing every single thing to try and save him. That much is clear. T-bag is a devious criminal hellbent on revenge so his returning to the woman to exact revenge is just what you'd expect from him, even if it means getting caught trying to do it.

C-Note going home two times is a bit off the mark for a man with the intelligence and level headed thinking they have shown to be one of his strong qualities. IT's those kinds of plot points that bug me more than things like scofield managing to slip in and out and all around the prison during his incarceration.

I still love the show but it's the moments where the writers throw something into the mix that goes against everything you have learned about an individual and then they expect you to ignore the fact that this is something that individual would never, ever do, that annoy me. It's like the standard hanging from a rope that will slowly lower you to your doom scenario in many thrillers. As soon as the evil mastermind leaves the room relatively unattended, you know the outcome and you can't even pretend that it is plausible.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I agree with what your saying, but my abililty to ignore it satisfied me.

This is the best show I have come across in many years. I've got three shows that I absolutely don't miss each week.

Monday Night - Prison Break
Tuesday Night - Friday Night Lights
Wednesday Night - Six Degrees

One hour a week does nothing for my addiction to these shows. My girlfriends aunt has season 2 of Prison Break on DVD I believe. A burnt copy obviously. Not sure who she received it from, but she has watched it. Even though I want more and more of the show, I'd rather wait and watch it weekly rather than have to wait 10 months for a new episode.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
you should watch 24. best show on tv in years and every season gets better. go grab the first season on dvd and give it a spin.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
you should watch 24. best show on tv in years and every season gets better. go grab the first season on dvd and give it a spin.

Believe me I have thought about it. Its relatively cheap actually. But I'm so far behind on the seasons, I've never gotten around to it.

Its one of them shows I wish I had of picked up when it debuted.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
each season tends to stand alone with many of the characters not returning. Last season ended with Jack in the hands of the Chinese and the new season takes place nine months later, with many of last season's crew gone, including his girlfriend (she's on the nine now) so I think you could start in this year. My dad started watching last season and loved it so much that he got hooked on the reruns being shown on another channel. Unfortunately, at 72, he got a bit confused about how someone could die in the current season and still be around in the rerun. So, pick up season one on netflix, watch it before the new season begins in January, and see if it is to your liking. I'm willing to bet big cheese that you will wind up like the rest of us, ensuring that you watch each episode as soon as it airs so as to not find out about anything via conversation or media reporting.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Oh I'm certain I would be hooked on the show. It airs in the mornings here on A&E I believe, but I never tune in. If I can get past my stubborness and give it a shot, I expect to be hooked. Thanks for the info on the seasons. Knowing that makes it easier to start watching the show without watching previous seasons first.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
the 24 trailer was shown in Times Square the other day. here's the clip. I'm assuming they are sticking with the single day story line, not doing so would ruin the show.

www.24trailer.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the link C.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Last night was by far one of the best shows of the series.

Damn I can not wait another 7 days to wait for answers!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join