It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you wear real fur?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I don't anymore. I use to wear real fur scarves.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
You "used" to wear real fur scarves??? What are you like 80 years old or something??

Nope never worn fur, not that I'm a tree hugger or anything
just think it's tacky looking..

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
unless somebody is going to a very cold place i dont see the point in real fur...

sure nothing beats fur in a very cold climate but sheesh.. wearing a mink coat in paris just because it looks nice is a bit daft... minks sorta had to die for no reason...

now i understand wearing fur out in the artic thats a different matter...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I dont wear fur because, like magestica, it looks tacky.

I wear leather however. I have no problems with leather. Cows are animals we raise to eat. After we get dont killing them, we use up pretty much the whole animal. Thus, why waste its skin? I like leather. leather is nice!

But animal fur, I prefer to leave fur on critters, cuz the fur looks better on them, and feels nicer when its concnetd to a warm blooded creature. to kill an animal just for his skin and waste the rest of his body is pretty lame. Unless you plan on eating the rest of that seal and polar bear, its stupid to take his skin. Let him keep it.

Fur looked cool on barbarians and ancient people, but looks very cheap and tasteless on modern people.

Besides, i hold no objections to leather because cows are big stupid prey beasts meant to be eaten, and they are far from endangered, they are plentiful.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
but then again.. i like my leather shoes/trainers/boots /coats/jackets...

i dont need them, i like the quality they last a long time....

so i suppose im contraditing myself...

using so much animal skin is a complicated question... maybe because most of the cow is used and not wasted like the animals bread just for fur...

it doesnt make it as arkward...

maybe i dont mind too much about using animal skin and fur as clothes... i just think the entire animal should be utilized instead of just breading for fur...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
i just think its a bit silly of me to moan about fur wearers when i wear leather......

infact i dont think i have any moral obligations to comment at all...

i wear leather. i like leather..

that makes me just as much a monster in some peoples eyes as a fur wearer ...

maybe im wrong, maybe im a monster, maybe im a bad guy...

im going to continue to wear leather....because it lasts and i like it..

i understand its an animals skin... and i feel ok with that.... i can live with myself...

[Edited on 3-10-2003 by The Blade Runner]

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Where have you been?

I gather you haven't seen fall fashion shows lately, especially the ones held in Europe?

They outdo themselves in more than just scarves.

They also have their share of animal activists disrupting their shows. They did a show spoofing them as the models paraded down the catwalk in fur fashion. Loved it.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
Where have you been?
I gather you haven't seen fall fashion shows lately, especially the ones held in Europe?

You gathered correct. I am the worlds biggest fashion taboo...I could careless what everyone is wearing. If it's in style, one can bet it's not in my closet LOL! I've had numerous comments from friends and foe of my style and it ain't good ones

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I've got a nice scarf of sorts made of domesticated cat that I like to wear across my shoulders..

differance is he can jump off whenever he wants :p

Actually my cat likes to ride around on my shoulders.. has been liked being carried etc. ever since he started getting old. But other than that, and the fur my cat/dogs shed, I don't wear fur.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Fur can look fantastic, especially on bare flesh, but it's definitely not PC.

What should happen with all existing fur coats?

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
keep em.. fur coats are ussually much better for warmth than sythetics...

but its a waste of time owning say a fur coat if you live in brazil, or spain ect ect...

but say you lived in norway or iceland ect ect then its probably a good idea...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Animal Rights activists have helped make fur one of the sexiest things a woman can drape around her body. It's like shouting to the world that "I really don't care what you think. I think for myself." Hooray!

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
nah. I couldn't afford it, and even if I could, I wouldn't. where do I have to go that's so important it's worth skinning some poor furry animal? granted, it gets miserably cold here, but a decent all-weather coat will take care of that problem.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
id wear the monopoly guy and experience the real fruits of nature if u dont get what im on about then you should watch a certain film...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I do not wear real fur nor will i ever wear it. I think it is horiable to buy real fur. If you buy real fur you are supporting the killing of animals for their fur.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
if i could afford a big puffy chinchilla trenchcoat that looked gangsta and i could secretivly hide a few mack 10's in, i would wear it. It's high fashion these days, you know how many girls id get with a multi thousand dollar fur coat? prolly not that many more than i get anyways but still. they just look damn good couple that with functionality and you have division AAA clothing

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Real leather is made from animal hides, correct? I always read about anti-fur campaigns, but not anti-leather campaigns. Apparently there is a distinction in animal rights groups. Likely due to the people that wear lots of leather being very big strong people that would beat the hell out of somebody who spray painted their clothes.

[Edited on 4-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I trhink the issue of expensive furs is the hunting of rare species to near extinction in pursuit of them.

I don't value an ermine or a mink any more or less than a cow, both are sentient creatures. But man has domesticated one kind for a multi-purpose symbiotic relationship of sorts.

If you are going to object to furs, then yes, why not object to leather, and then to meat.

new topics

top topics

join