It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bangers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Had a bit of a miserable day today, so decided to cheer myself up with some good old stodgy British comfort food...Bangers, Mash and onion gravy...Heaven.

The sausages I used were "Tesco's Finest" pork sausages...bloody hell...they were lovely. Now, usually, I'm a sucker for butchers or farmers market bangers...Pork and Apple, Tomato, Lamb and Rosemary, Leek, Stilton...etc. But these, for a supermarket brand, were great.

So what's your favorite banger?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Wait wait wait...so bangers are the sausages not the mashed potatoes in the phrase "Bangers and Mash"? I thought the Mash was like...a topping of sorts...gravy perhaps...Gotta remember that for the next trip to the pub.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I have no idea about the differences.

All I know is about 4 hours from here there's this really awesome roadside bangers place. They rock. Hard. They taste so good.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Bangers are indeed, sausages UnMature...and here they are in all their glory...yum...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
yummmmmmy cumberland sauges with mash and onion gravey omg my mouth was watering just reading your posts

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
see i cant spell sausages now :bnghd:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
We just had this for lunch yesterday.
I cooked a store brand pure pork sausage (the large ones), and instead of mash I deep fried potato latkes, and served it with some gravey.

This is such a comfort food for me because it reminds me of my grandmother who passed away many years ago.

For the latkes I shread potatoes and a bit of onion, then squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Then I mix in an egg and a few spoonfuls of flour and some salt and pepper. I deep fry them in spoon size pieces, chunks about the size of a flat golf ball, until golden brown and a bit crispy on the outside and around the edges.

It's a nice variation on potatoes that everyone seems to like.......

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If I ever make it to lunch with you and yours, Anxiety, that's what I want!

I loooooove latkes and damn those sound like heaven, not to mention the sausages!

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
For supermarket sausages I think Sainsbury's just beat Tesco's - check out the toulouse (sp?) - very garlicky.

I cook 'em (fried!) and finish them with port and french mustard

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This aint fair !!!

One thread about black pudding... and this one!! Geee some sort of conspiracy going on here with me? Anyone hear my stomach rumbling?

Next up, one about pints of bitter I bet??

new topics

top topics

join