It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy crap!!! Islamic hackers attacking western websites, especially Denmark's.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
www.pcpro.co.uk...

Gangs of pro-Muslim computer hackers have unleashed a withering cyber attack on Danish and Western websites in the past week, escalating their defacement barrage to coincide with dozens of violent street-level demonstrations across the Arab world in protest at the publication of a cartoon depiction of the Prophet Mohammed.
The number of Danish websites alone - those carrying a '.dk' suffix - knocked offline in the past week numbered 578 between 30 January and 6 February, according to Zone-H.org, a cyber-crime observatory that tracks website defacements. Hundreds more websites of European, Israeli and American companies and private citizens have also been defaced during that period, with the vast majority occurring after the re-publication last week of the cartoons in European newspapers.

'The number is nearly doubling every day,' said Roberto Preatoni, the founder of Zone-H.org. A team of Zone-H technicians collect and verify reports of sabotaged Web sites from both victims and hackers. The number of attacked Web servers has been at record levels since the controversy reignited last week, Preatoni said.

'This is the largest ever attack directed against a single country, bigger than the Intifada, the Chinese-U.S. spy plane incident, and even the war in Iraq.'

Should be glad the U.S. didn't print the cartoon, otherwise we be facing Islamic cyberterrorism. What else do they have?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
wholly cow...the PTB "Plan 9 From Euro-Space" is really working...

it took the RE-release of the offensive cartoon/caricature by 4 Major Euro newspapers to goad our Muslim brothers/sisters
into a rioting frenzy mode and cyber- vandalism

and the bonus for the 'puppet-masters' is that the (rightfully offended) population of Muslims making cyber-attacks,
are actually making themselves vunerable,
as they are being tracked & discovered & dossiered...
because of their impulse to lash back at western & Danish websites.

there's lots of data mining going on !

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

deltaboy - Should be glad the U.S. didn't print the cartoon, otherwise we be facing Islamic cyberterrorism.

The Philly Inquirer and the New York Sun both reprinted some of the cartoons, as well as several multi-media outlets displaying them.

Oops, I better hush. Might get the muslims mad.......Gulp! Can't talk now gotta go.

St Udio - there's lots of data mining going on !

Sshhhh! Hush now. No need to bring that up. Shhhh.

Seriously though, I also see that there is a lot of information to be gained, both in the real world, and the cyber world. Just by watching this fracus closely, and noting who does what, when, and where. Perfect data collection for the intelligence community, wouldn't you say? Shhh.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The Philly Inquirer...

Yes indeed they did, my home city's newspaper boldly ran several of the cartoons.

Also, I would imagine there are more western hackers then ME ones do the simple fact that computer access is more widespread in the West, so where is the response from European and US hackers?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
MY GOD,just by one idiots picture the whole middle east is in chaos!..Muslims are killing Christians,burning building and pretty much destroying everything in sight.If one picture can cause all this then there is no doubt in my mind that a holy war is going to happen fairly soon!

Just look what Iran is doing Iran plans Holocaust cartoon contest

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

WestPoint23 - where is the response from European and US hackers?

[Edit - Oops, old site. See below. Thanks Redhat.

[edit on 2/7/06 by makeitso]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Gentlemen don't kiss and tell.
But here's a tiny tidbit from a growing snowball.

Islamic Website Hacked

That story is a few years old. From 2001-2 from the URL and the date for the actual story says Feb 13.

I'm sure more hacking is coming though.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Arrogance on the part of the Western world.

They were instigated. Oh well.....

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Arrogance on the part of the Western world.

They were instigated. Oh well.....

Yeah that's the attitude! Hey I can do whatever I want because someone instigated me!
:shk:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
West,

I come from a position that those people WERE instigated by a cartoon of Mohammed, something that is near, dear and sacred to them.

I am not sympathetic to "terrorists". I do think, however, that this was done because its a lot more effective than setting off a bomb in their airspace.

This is nothing but instigation, stirring the cauldron, making more chaos by the sophisticated western world, who should be setting an example of peace.

And if you press me for more information, i will tell you also that Washington is probably behind it somewhat and they love it. The more chaos the better. They know (the government) that we as a people aint too smart, and we will right away think "How dare they! Those killers, those bastards"
Its exactly what is happening. Look at all the threads.

The western world sure isnt setting much of a civilized example, are they?

Lets all sharpen our spears. We are turning into barbarians ourselves. There is certainly NO diplomacy.

This was no accidental cartoon. This was done (by the civilized world) to INSTIGATE A HUGE PROBLEM.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Cult of the Dead Cow....unite!

Get in line boys!

-DT
Mod Note: You Have a U2U- Click Here.
Mod Note: One Line and Minimal Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Maybe Islams Ideal world is to have man and nations to submit to their religions.

The West wants freedom from oppression and to stop people living a mentally tortured life with choices so when they are adults they can leave or believe their religion or system without persecusion.

Do we keep people in the Matrix or Get them out? if a nation needs help after an earth quake do we help them or let them deal with it especially if they had the chance they not do the same. Turn the other cheek or let them rot? Give them a surgical knife they can help them selves or kill you and say thanks.

Im not sure where Im leading here anymore but hope it makes sense.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by The time lord]

[edit on 7-2-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

This is nothing but instigation, stirring the cauldron, making more chaos by the sophisticated western world, who should be setting an example of peace.

I disagree, those cartoonists in Denmark were simply doing what is done on a regular basis in the ME, that is the publications of political caricatures involving other religions.

And if you press me for more information, i will tell you also that Washington is probably behind it somewhat and they love it. The more chaos the better. They know (the government) that we as a people aint too smart, and we will right away think "How dare they! Those killers, those bastards"
Its exactly what is happening. Look at all the threads.

Well, no surprise here, isn’t this always your position? No matter how big the lack of evidence may be, and no matter how ridicules it may seem, according to you its good ol’ Washington. I mean It makes perfect sense, pick a small newspaper in Denmark of all places and run these cartoons in September. Then wait several months hoping that they somehow make their way in the ME.

The western world sure isnt setting much of a civilized example, are they?

We defiantly are, we have been more than tolerant and accepting in my opinion. Allowing these extremists to march in a foreign country calling for the death and destruction of that country is more then civilized to me. Perhaps you prefer we roll over and go silently into the night?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So I guess the muslin hackers only shows that they can and will take over the INTERNET to cause trouble.

I kind of find it funny, here we have many that regards the middle eastern men as just somebody from a third word country.

But Alas!!! they are computer savvy and INTERNET experts.

Let the cyber wars start now.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Marg, what a great point you made.

They do appear to have some internet knowledge. Third world country?

They must have bought "How to mess up the Internet for dummies"

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Let the cyber wars start now

Here is what you are promoting marg

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
makeitso

Really!!! prove it

Obviously you have not clue what a cyber war is all about, hey the INTERNET has some nice dictionaries around.

Cyber war - attacks against network security threaten the health and safety of the general public. World's banks and financial institutions, government, public and private organizations, businesses and corporate houses.

Perhaps you are refering to Cyber terrorism occurs since the patriot act it has a meaning all on its own.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
My arent you full of nice barbs tonight. Always a pleasure to chat with you too.

The proof is that this thread is about the Danish site being defaced, and you saying to let the cyber wars start within this thread. The image I posted is from one of those sites.

That is why I say you are promoting that type of activity.

Its been a pleasure reading your nice words tonight. Guess we'll have to do it again sometime. Sweet dreams nice lady.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
makeitso

I was been sarcastic on the whole cyber war thing, taking in consideration that is funny the way many portrait radical muslins and there you have them all computer and INTERNET savvy.

So I imagine that they will attack the internet next.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
A a decidedly secular member of a "Western" culture, I must admit that I find it difficult to understand the extreme reaction these cartoons have engendered, despite their arguably "blasphemous" content. However, I would submit that over-reaction, even to an inappropriate degree, is not the sole provenance of so-called "religious fanatics".

I would submit that to elevate an otherwise criminal act, no matter how heinous, to the commission equivelent of an "Act of War", could justly be considered an "over-reaction" to "instigation".

Prior to 9/11, acts of terror were prosecuted as crimes, or, to lend some perspective, "mere acts of crime"; true "Acts of War were the perview of nations alone, not fanatical, radical malcontents, a la the Weather Underground, the PLO, the IRA, etc.. Yet many of us are quick to justify the current War On Terror as a wholly appropriate response to a "clear and present" threat to the "civilized world"; to the extent that some are willing to condone the abrogation of the very civil liberties (including the use of torture!) that they claim are threatened by these terrorists.

Is this a Rational response to their instigation?

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Bhadhidar]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join