It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Rap Song Removed From Shelves Because It Insults Muslims

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
By just saying "rap," you knew what people would assume.

Could you explain that one to me, too? I don't get it.

Originally posted by BaCk2thereallife
OH and stop with ***** behead thing making me reall angry plz just stop with that line not all muslims say that only 1% do k?

Only 1% of people insult your religion or make insulting cartoons or t-shirts. What's the difference? Oh yeah, no buildings burned and nobody died.

I find even myself losing patience with this one...

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Only 1% of people insult your religion or make insulting cartoons or t-shirts. What's the difference? Oh yeah, no buildings burned and nobody died.

I find even myself losing patience with this one...

Really?

What about these examples in the aftermath of 911:

Continuing harassment and attacks:

By 2001-SEP-25, three weeks after the attack, there have been many assaults on Muslims in the U.S. In addition, Sikhs are being targeted because some are being mistaken for Muslims. Hispanic-Americans have been harassed, presumably because of their skin color. One Egyptian Copt was murdered. Even members of the Baha'i Faith have been harassed. It is ironic that Baha'is are themselves viciously persecuted in Iran, and Copts are oppressed in Egypt.

Some examples are:

- On the afternoon of Saturday, 2001-SEP-15, a gunman killed the 49 year old owner of a gas station in Mesa, AZ. He was a Sikh. His family believes that he was killed because he "looked Middle Eastern." Additional shots were fired at a Lebanese clerk and at the home of an Afghan family.

- On the evening of Saturday, 2001-SEP-15, a gunman killed a Pakistani Muslim store owner in Dallas, TX.

- Adel Karas, 48, an Egyptian-American grocer was shot and killed near his International Market store in San Gabriel, CA. He was a Copt -- neither Muslim nor Arab. No money was taken. Police are investigating the murder as a possible hate crime.

- A man drove his car through the front entrance of Parma Mosque in Cleveland OH.

- Also on Saturday, a Christian of Egyptian origin was shot dead in California.

- Near Chicago, IL, there was a march in which about 300 anti-Arab youths waved flags, shouted "USA, USA," and attempted to march on a mosque in Bridgeview, IL -- a suburb southwest of Chicago. Colin Zaremba, 19, said: "I'm proud to be American and I hate Arabs and I always have." Three demonstrators were arrested.

- In Chicago, a Molotov cocktail was thrown t an Arab-American community center. There were no injuries and little damage.

- In Huntington, NY, Adam Lang, reportedly a drunken driver, 75, allegedly tried to kill a Pakistani woman with his car. He later followed the woman into a store and threatened to kill her for "destroying my country."

- In Gary, IN, a man wearing a mask pumped over 20 bullets from a high-powered assault rifle at a Muslim, Hassan Awdah. He survived. Hassan is a U.S. citizen, born in Yemen.

- In Lynnwood, WA, a mosque was vandalized.

- In Suffolk County, NY, a man allegedly made anti-Arab threats and pointed a handgun at the employee of a gas station. He was arrested.

- In a prison in Washington state, two inmates fought over an anti-Muslim slur.

- a gasoline bomb was thrown into the home of a Sikh family in California.

- Two mosques were firebombed with Molotov cocktails during the weekend of OCT-20-21. They are located in Burlington and Mississauga, near Toronto ON Canada. Kendrich House, 35, from Oakville ON has allegedly been charged.

Muslims elsewhere in the English speaking world were also targeted:

- A 15 year old boy in Ottawa, Canada was attacked by a gang and badly injured.

- The Samaj Hindu temple in Hamilton, ON, Canada was firebombed by an arsonist, causing $600,000 in damages. Police speculate that the perpetrator mistook the temple for a mosque.

- Firebomb attacks on Canadian mosques causing minimal damage have occurred in Montreal, Quebec, St. Catherines, ON and Oshawa, ON.

- In Australia, a school bus containing Muslim children was stoned.

- Vandals tried set fire to a Lebanese Christian church, also in Australia.

Five days after the attack, the number of anti-Muslim incidents reported to the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reached 210.

Or this example:

Move to limit backlash against Muslims

Meetings were being held across Britain as the authorities and communities moved to limit any backlash.

Police said about 70 incidents against minorities had been recorded. They ranged from the suspicious fires to two possible assaults, verbal abuse and threatening calls.

Here is a nice look back at attacks on innocent Muslims:

IV. A HISTORY OF BACKLASH ATTACKS AGAINST ARABS AND MUSLIMS IN AMERICA

Long before September 11, the stereotype of the Arab or Muslim as a "terrorist" had taken hold in the American imagination and fueled anti-Arab and anti-Muslim prejudice. That prejudice sometimes led to hate crimes, particularly after acts of violence ascribed rightly or wrongly to Arab or Muslim terrorists. In light of the history of backlash violence against Arabs and Muslims in the United States before September 11 2001, the hate crimes that followed September 11 were all too predictable. Government officials should be aware that there is a danger of an anti-Arab or anti-Muslim backlash anytime terrorism is linked to these communities.

MORE...

And these examples:

AZ: Muslim Assaulted by Teens Shouting Religious Slur

Florida Muslim Woman Assaulted in Mall; Attackers Blamed Victim for Madrid Train Bombings, Says CAIR

I could keep going...

One last one:

Army on alert for backlash over abuse

The Royal Military Police announced an investigation into the three minute, 12 second tape that was handed to the News of the World.

As well as the beating of the four young males, including a child, which followed a riot in southern Iraq in early 2004, another defenceless man is filmed being kicked by soldiers and a civilian corpse is defiled. The beatings are accompanied by a gleeful commentary from the corporal who allegedly filmed the attacks.

:shk:

Originally posted by intrepid

...as does ANY news media outlet. Can you show me which news companies present news items they don't want to present?

Sorry dude, you're missing the point. Please don't play that Left/Right, CNN vs Fox stuff, it doesn't play with me. I'm Canadian and I don't watch your news. Hell, I don't watch my own anymore since it's become sensationalized like yours.

The fact of the matter is that it was picked up in an attempt to further a certain political theme. You GO GUYS, get your ratings. I'm not playing though.

I was aware of this eventuallity in the States but this is my first experience looking at it and I have to admit, you're being bought and sold by what you want to hear. Both sides.

Hmm, we're sidetracked now discussing politics and not the issue, Thai artists in a country that has been having problems that don't even reach America. But we will use that to vilify Muslims. WHY? It works.

I'll even give you a

Best damn quote in this thread!

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Really?

What about these examples in the aftermath of 911:

I didn't say it was non-existant, did I? And besides, Loam, I don't support the extremists on either side. Just because I'm speaking up for free speech doesn't mean I'm Muslim-bashing.

You want to have a contest to see how many examples of Muslim violence vs Anti-Muslim violence we can come up with? I don't think so.

My point (and I know you already know what it is) is that a small percentage of people on each side of this issue are actually feeding it. The rest of us are just pawns in the game.

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
will this propaganda ever end? so many of those signs and protests look like pure BS..what are they trying to make us think...oh those Muslims always complaining about everything, we should just get rid of them?

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
One of the sources you provided was CAIR. I'm not going to go into every "harassment of Muslims" case you highlighted here. But CAIR is guilty of falsifying and providing faked cases of "Muslim harassment" to further their Anti-American--pro terrorism causes.. Since you so willingly use CAIR as a reference, I have to question the validity of the rest of your post.

I will concede, however, the there was a local Seihk (sp?) killed here in AZ by someone angry over the 911 attacks. I, as do most Americans, personally condemn this/these kind(s) of attack(s). Where are the majority of those 1 billion Muslims condemning global Islamic attacks for the purpose of 1): expressing heartfelt sympathy for those who have died at the hands of Islamic fundamentalists and 2): to take back your "peaceful" religious beliefs from the hands of those fundamentalists???

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I didn't say it was non-existant, did I?

Well, yes. You said:

What's the difference? Oh yeah, no buildings burned and nobody died.

Just keeping you honest.

You want to have a contest to see how many examples of Muslim violence vs Anti-Muslim violence we can come up with? I don't think so.

Actually, I think you'd be surprised...

ATTACKS ON MUSLIMS

The village of Dilimi, on the outskirts of Jos, was one of the areas that suffered the most intense destruction. Inhabited in majority by Muslims, virtually the entire village was razed to the ground. Human Rights Watch researchers visited Dilimi on October 6 in the company of displaced residents who were returning there for the first time since they fled...

There are examples like that one all over the web...

Why would you challenge me to such a contest? Did I make the point that there were more examples of one kind of attack over the other???

Frankly, I'm confused by what you are even saying...
If you were correct, what point would that make? Personally, I condemn all such acts of senseless violence.

My point (and I know you already know what it is) is that a small percentage of people on each side of this issue are actually feeding it. The rest of us are just pawns in the game.

When stated in that manner, I quite agree.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Why would you challenge me to such a contest?

I didn't. And I'm not going through all of this with you yet again (on a third thread).
You already know where I stand. And if you don't, it's because you are refusing to see it.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum
One of the sources you provided was CAIR. I'm not going to go into every "harassment of Muslims" case you highlighted here. But CAIR is guilty of falsifying and providing faked cases of "Muslim harassment" to further their Anti-American--pro terrorism causes.. Since you so willingly use CAIR as a reference, I have to question the validity of the rest of your post.

First, I have to laugh at the fact you used Michelle Malkin as your source. She is nearly as intellectually dishonest as Ann Coulter.

Here is what one article had to say about her:

Know Your Right-Wing Speakers: Michelle Malkin

So distasteful are her rants that in November 2004 a Norfolk Virginia newspaper, the Virginian Pilot, dropped Malkin’s nationally syndicated column. Another columnist for the paper, Bronwyn Lance Chester, explained, “I think [Malkin] habitually mistakes shrill for thought provoking and substitutes screaming for discussion…. She’s the worst of what’s wrong with punditry today. She adds absolutely nothing to genuine political discourse.”

Even giving her, and you, the benefit of the doubt, you invalidate all such allegations by CAIR, and the other sources I provided, simply because you were able to point to a single example where CAIR was duped?

Indeed, the article even says:

Representatives of the advocacy group, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, which had complained that McAllen officials were not investigating the fire as a possible hate crime, said they were stunned Wednesday to learn of Mr. Abunar's arrest.

Why would you and Malkin imply CAIR fraudulently participated? Where is the evidence to back up your baseless implication?

(The EGG example is so lame, I can't stand it!
)

I am quite sure I could drum up examples of insurance fraud perpetrated by blacks during the 1960's, where they burned their own property and blamed whites for it. Would that invalidate all the ACTUAL examples of brutality perpetrated by whites against blacks?

The real irony is that Ms. Malkin, herself, has been duped:

Malkin also made headlines last December when, in her syndicated column, she criticized the “Associated Press, NBC News correspondent Andrea Mitchell and others in the Bush-bashing press corps” for “accus[ing] the White House and 10 soldiers from the Army’s 42nd Infantry Division of ‘staging’” a now infamous October 13 video conference in which Bush spoke with soldiers stationed in Iraq. According to Malkin, NBC News was “indulging in its Bush-deranged feeding frenzy” over what Malkin asserted was a totally impromptu and genuine conversation. Perhaps NBC made such assumptions because the preparations for the event, in which soldiers were told what they would be asked and coached on their answers by administration officials before the President arrived were accidentally transmitted to reporters via a live satellite feed.

Source.

Using your logic (and hers), I guess you should discount EVERYTHING she says now too, huh?

No thanks. I've seen this ridiculous logic employed in any number of White Supremacists sites...

I will concede, however, the there was a local Seihk (sp?) killed here in AZ by someone angry over the 911 attacks. I, as do most Americans, personally condemn this/these kind(s) of attack(s).

Agreed.
Glad to see it in writing...

Where are the majority of those 1 billion Muslims condemning global Islamic attacks for the purpose of 1): expressing heartfelt sympathy for those who have died at the hands of Islamic fundamentalists and 2): to take back your "peaceful" religious beliefs from the hands of those fundamentalists???

How do you know there aren't? Is your trust in how this story is getting reported by the MSM, and ideological pundits, so solid that you know for fact you are being delivered the entire truth?

Incidentally, "the other side" has that problem too...

[edit on 14-2-2006 by loam]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Its funny, the song I was just listening to had the line:

"Bust a Motherf'in gat to this, ya'll believe lies like you was Catholics. I rap in Arabic so my words they be immaculate."

I am Christian, raised Catholic, yet I didnt find anything offensive about this. I actually admired the wordplay.

funny

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join