It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Rap Song Removed From Shelves Because It Insults Muslims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

No "dude"; you're missing the point. I haven't presented any left vs right news source!! This is simply how YOU perceive the world.

Other quotes by you FFS:

The source of this story is NOT Fox news--it's the Associated Press. Fox is simply publishing the AP story. So if you think the AP is biased, then you probably think everything is biased that doesn't agree with your views.

The story originated in Thailand. i don't know why its source shows Kabul.

...as does ANY news media outlet. Can you show me which news companies present news items they don't want to present?

I think Regenmacher took care of the last one.
You took care of the rest. Who's point are you trying to make here? I appreciate the help but I don't need it.

The point of this submission is that there is a common theme that is being played in the world; that is Muslim's sensibilities being insulted over cartoons and songs.

This totally threw me. Again I'm missing your point, unless it's the same as mine and you are too antagonistic to see it.

Go ahead and stick your head back in the sand, if you want.

Can't do that, it's winter in Canada, snow maybe.

Let me know when you want to get back to the topic.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You know I probably know now about 1000% more about Muslims than I did a decade ago. They seem to be frighteningly intolerant, violent and politically immature.

Periwinkle, that's exactly what the PTB want you to think. I graduated with 2nd generation Muslims, my 25th reunion is coming up and I would really like to know how Ishmeal did. He was damn smart. He was also at my wedding. I've worked with Muslims on and off since then and have yet to have a bad experience.

Don't let them tell you what to think. Especially from something that is happening in a troubled country on the other side of the planet.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intrepid
I graduated with 2nd generation Muslims,

Which means your not biased--right?? What if, during your reunion, one of your Muslim aquaintances tells you that cartoons and songs that insult his religion should never be allowed in public. Would you support his position?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I would think that we would have more to talk about than this BS.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So, we should comment on a Religion we have never met or spoken to, against meeting and speaking to them?

Intrepid, U2U me if you'd like to go to a Free Seminar about what did happen with the cartoons and this and I'll give you the list of events, since it's being held in Canada.

The case is, two artists didn't understand what they did was offencive. The company pulled the songs, the artists said sorry and both likely so they would earn more money and tended not to care about the Muslim's one bit.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Geeesh, that is madness!! The Muslims who are protesting etc and this Rap cd thing......they feel offended, fine, and understandable. But throwing their toys outta the crib and packing violent tantrums?
Sounds like 2 year old behaviour to me.

Give 'em a good spanking and teach 'em how to voice their disapproval without breaking their toys! Simple basic life lesson, I'd have thought.
Most kids can comprehend it by about 4 yrs old

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

An article on the Thai-language Muslim Web site www.muslimthai.com said a song recorded on CDs in 1998 and 2005 "clearly insults the Koran," the Muslim holy book.

I do not see them rioting over the C.D.

All I see is one website mentioning they found it offencive, the artists realising this and retracting the C.D.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by Odium
I do not see them rioting over the C.D.

Of course not. The artists rolled over and conceded to the wishes of the Muslims. As long as the Muslims get what they want--they won't throw a tantrum. The child-like behavior a previous poster alluded to.

BTW Odium; On the previous page, a poster listed 5-7 other web sites (including Al Jazeera) that carried the same news. But I wouldn't expect you to read this short thread through before posting your opinions

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Freedom, I did read them.

Factor is, I mentioned something about them rioting because someone else attempted to link this event with another. The fact is, the artists had the ability as did the company to stand up to the Muslim's and the only reason they won't have is for profits sake.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I don't mean to be a radical here but Islamic Terrorists (the ones who drive the emotions of the rest of the Islamic world) don't really give a hang about anyone who does not believe exactly as they do. Those who are not Islamic are nothing but fodder to them to be kicked around. Apologizing won't save ya from getting your head chopped off. But keep an eye on that one Muslim who is praying in that rest area not too far away from ya there!

They are just too spooky for me for now!

Why wouldn't they be here in this country now ready to strike at a moment's notice? They were here for 9-11 and got the job done.

Why haven't we put these people, whether citizens or not, in camps to keep a really close eye on them, like we did in WWII and later?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Talking about them not throwing tantrums? you had better go back to the TV and watch the news again, unless that is a 2-3 day old clip. There are plenty of them doing their tantrum number for the television.

Myself, when one goes by me and stares me down the whole time (wouldn't be because I might be a biker wearing a Skull cap would it? With a set of Bars and Stars?) with a stare that if looks could do bodily harm, then I am definitely ready to get my iron out and start packing it! (by the way, it has happened more than once like that, here in the midwest)

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think Satanic forces are closing in to divide and conquer get the mixer out shake that bag up and mould a new Beast so it has many heads and one body but but a mouth that dictates to all. This is nothing yet your jaw has not dropped yet.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
FFS, any idea which verses they quoted? I wanna know what's got the Thai Muslim Council so rattled up.

Also, the lyrics (translations) if you got them. Wanna put things into context and see it in proper perspective, coz we all know the media always puts a spin on things (be it good or bad).

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Also, the lyrics (translations) if you got them. Wanna put things into context and see it in proper perspective, coz we all know the media always puts a spin on things (be it good or bad).

I tried to find the lyrics online and was unsuccesfull. I to would be interested to know what got their panties in a bunch
Help; anyone; Bueller...Bueller....Bueller

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
"got their panties up in a bunch"

I was gonna type that before I decided on "rattled up" instead

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

"Preperation H STAT, we have inflamation."

Haha...good one

What does it matter is it's a "Thai" rap artist? The point being that it was taken off the shelves because a few muslims found it offensive.

Damnit! I demand a recall on The Family Guy!!!

[edit on 8/2/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I find rap music that promotes drugs, violence, raping, thieving, killing, etc all highly offensive and I have concerns about how it influences people - but it's still available anyway.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You honestly think, Sony did this on the basis of it'll make Muslim's angry and not that, Suki, will not earn as much money as they will loose if Muslim's boycotted Sony.

It is a basic business practice, it has nothing to do with political correctness but rather capitalism.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This goes deeper than good business practice so Sony can make a few eztra bucks. Why should anyone, Christians, Jews, Buddhist, think that they are in the right for complaining whenever someone or something offends thier faith? That is just bad business, a bad way of thinking and an overall bad practice that is influenced from the top and works it's way down.

[edit on 8/2/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You could also ask what makes people think they are in the right for offending people....repeatedly. Freedom of speech

Ah, whatever floats your boat, whatever tickles your fancy. But I think Odium's point is pretty valid. As they say, money talks and BS walks

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join