It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support the Danes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well with all the craziness about danish cartooning going on at the moment I'd like to say that there are no more peacel oving people than the danish. Danes are laid back, fun loving human beings with a great attitude to life.

I for one cannot believe the furor this cartoon carry on caused but i do know the people of denmark never meant anything but satyre. So heres one Scot that wishes the danes all the best.

long live Denmark.

Go on I'm starting the ATS support the Danes campaign.

Leave a message please.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Have you ever been to Denmark and experienced this 'fun-loving' culture Munro_DreadGod or are you just supporting what you've heard of the stereotypical Denmark?

(I have never been to Denmark but from what I've heard it's suppost to match your description - much like Holland I believe)

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Loved it and from the danes i've met in my life i cannot believe anyone could believe them capable of well this cartoon rubbish. If its not the danes you should at least support free speech and our right to express ourselves non violently. If they ban cartoons for being non PC or RC (religiously correct) then how long does ATS have?

I seen the cartoon pic shown on a ATS thread does that mean the official offices of ATS are now a target?

Support the Danes , support free expression of ideas in all formats.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What you mean by this?

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
support free expression of ideas in all formats.

Is this including Hitler's Nazis etc. ?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hitler did not support free speech or free thought check out your german history then once you have the facts ask a sensible question. He was a dictator.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Oooof I wouldn't say fun loving. I visited Denmark 3 times last year and I'll tell you the person I rented from was crazy!!!

As soon as you use a cup, it gets washed.
Dishwasher goes on at XX:XX time.
These towels only.
Scrape shower all over once done, with tiny scrapper

Everything done to a very strict timescale and done perfectly or ELSE!!!

Even in the supermarket, the girl scanned my food through, and started throwing the next persons food on top of mine without giving me a chance to put it in bags

And don't ever try to walk through a doorway you were in first, on no, the Danes just barge right through without waiting!

Ok, so that was København, not the whole of Denmark. I suppose people are ignorant when you go to London in the UK so maybe it's a capital city trend.

On another note, 7 great things about København!

1. Klipcards for public transport *cheers*
2. Chicken Skewers from 7-11 when you're drunk *cheers*
3. Late night cafe's, so you can get some great hot chocolate when it's -7!!! *cheers*
4. Clean Air! *cheers*
5. Reliable public transport! *cheers*
6. Friendly homeless people who speak English and give you directions back to København from Louisiana modern art gallery in Humlebæk! *Cheers*
7. Homeless people clear up their own beer bottles from the street, and they are given money for them to buy more! (what a great idea) *cheers*

Finally, one really bad thing... £6.00 a pint! = $10.46 a pint ( for the americans )

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Snoopdopey]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Do you support their right to place cartoons depicting allah in a non religous way in their papers? Or should we burn down their embassies?

Ram

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I say - "Support the Disclosure Project" hahaha

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Denmark is just a small peice of land... We talk danish.

We have Michael and Brian Laudrup... We all have TV. Most of us are stressed out cause we have to follow the rest of the world... We gotta have a job and a strong good looking face to the outside world..

We try...

Most of us have computers at home these days...And we can be pretty high tech...
Many young people are bying the new widescreen Television sets.. And we love playing playstation and X-box..
That is the male part of us. Most Danes don't know about conspiracy theories... We just check the weather on TV..And all the trouble in the world outside our borders. Outside our homes...

Things has just gotten a bit tense lately. Sometimes we make jokes about eachother. I must say - im not one of the funny guys...

Cause i see the stress - that has grown into this place. Denmark. It's like a big factory...
Everybody needs to be recycled once a year to keep up the job...Stress is really killing this nation.

In Denmark - we tend to gather in small groups - that are like ourselves. We tend to get our opinion from TV... Atleast that is the safespot for most of us...If anything is different we plug it out. Cause it's a Danish thing.. At the same time we have a lot of plugs in...We have become international industrialized workers.

But - many people are getting sick of working - i mean we are getting sick...Cause we work like...oh man... Work addicted...Stressed out freaks we can be.

And i think that is why we didn't really see it comming - cause we are working so hard on getting everyday life rolling...That we just blindly pass by thing's that we don't see any importance in... Like the Cartoons.

What the issue really is about - is that we are a working nation that have no time dealing with "respect" like waveing around with AK47 or praying to god... We are originally a nation of farmers... We work...

And way back in time we where Wikings... Still we lived by the small land we are born into. Back then we didn't have Carlsberg or Tuborg... We used a red and white mushroom to keep up contracts and relations with the outside world.

We had long beard!!! back then man!! give us a break... Sometimes i have long beard too...

But it's a bit different today...
We had Thor and Odin... God's of nature.. But it's a long time ago..

We have this big statue under a Castle - And DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT!!!!

That is a statue of our

When i was a child - They told me he was gonna wake up next time Denmark was getting in trouble...

AND I HOPE NOT HE WAKE UP AGAIN!!!!

Cause he is a hell of a Wiking. And he is in our Danish spirit...
I have seen some Danish people go nuts man!! And they where in family with that guy...

We can be very crazy...When pushed hard enough!! We push back.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Munro, i do believe in the expressing of all ideas. But their is a limit in the media, if people were allowed to print what ever they want in anysort of media. Should the KKK be able to spread their ideals on mainstream media? Should cult movements be able to spread their ideals on mainstream media?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
In reply to Murno_Dreadgod.

Aye of course. I thought some of them were pretty funny.

The muslim media have been stirring the pot in my opinion. And the extremists are living up to the stereotype.

Does it not say in the Bible that we are not supposed to have images of god too? In the 4th commandment? I'm not sure

Anywhoo, I just think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion. If you don't like what's in a paper, then don't read it, buy another one instead.

Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I completly suppourt Denmark. I believe that they should be able to say whatever they want through any medium in a non-violent manner. They could have insulted Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, for all I care.

Free speech is free speech. Period, no matter who it is against.

I do not think that Denmark should have given in to the Muslims and apologized for printing in the free press.

An earlier comment brought up Hitler. Sure, Hitler could have said whatever he wanted under free speech, he could not have been restricted in that area, however when he began becoming violent, that is when he crossed the boundry

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I grew up with tv programmes that took the micky out of everything from politicians to religion, celebrities, etc. Spitting image, yes minister, not the nine oclock news etc.

I read the papers I dont always agree with what they say and some of the cartoons they produce are funny some not. It is me that decides, if however the KKK placed some info through my letterbox then I can read it then bin it or join up again its for me to decide. Thats the basic freedom i have my decision.(but laws are in place to prevent certain info from getting to you)

If that is taken away from the press from us then we lose something. That something men have died for throughout history. I'm from wallace country braveheart and all that and I respect the fact that other people have opinions and will not force mine on anyone. Have you looked at rense.com the amount of satirical cartoons of bush its a prime example and their must be hundreds if not thousands of others. When do you draw the line, the guys in the london demo had placards far more hateful than an attack on a religous figurehead as they where aimed at real living people.

But your point is valid all the same and my answer is the law of the land must prevail in all cases.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Aye! I support the danes, including the rest of scandinavia!
Being a norwegian living in Denmark, and have followed this garbage up close, I indeed support the danes! Time to awaken the old and mighty Gods, perhaps! I don't believe it to be Ragnarok, quite yet, but if our Gods managed to slay Midgardsormen and Fenris, I am sure us northerners will be able to stand fast, and throw off this momentary rancid persian threat!

Hail Odin, hail Tor!

Editing in something gone missing from Ram's post:
The statue is of Holger Danske (Ogier the dane), a legend of Denmark.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Ulvetann]

top topics

join