It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCSupdate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
has anyone heard anything new? I havent seen a single update on how this program is going? Have they decided what type of weapons will be on the new tank?

Sure seem like everything else is being sped up but its seems that this program has gone no where and how old is this program? Will the f35 be in service before the new tank is service?

Seems its been ages since there was a thread about this program, what is up?

what weapons? rail gun? 140mm? rapid fire 105mm? longer 120mm? 155mm? laser? Particale beam?

I like the abrams but its getting a bit long in the tooth and what happpened to the deasil (spelling) engined version of the abrams?

your thoughts?

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Char2c35t]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.army.mil...

Look at pics, videos and scenarios. They pretty much explain how far they are at.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
They decided to drop the one vehicle fits all aproach and now they will have multiple specialized vehicles.

They will be lighter and easier to deploy than those monstrous Abrams tanks, their main arraments will be relatively conventional and they seemed to have dropped the EM shield and EM weapons altogether, the tank will have a conventional cannon and a laser to shoot down enemy missiles like RPGs....

Well like Delta said, watch the video

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i am on dail up so watching the video is a little bit out of the question, I went to the sight info I saw seem really old and it hasnt been undated in a long time.

I am glad they dropped the silly one vehicle many roles idea aka hummernation ideal, reality must have smacked them in the butt once more.

top topics

join