It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydrogen Peroxide powered cars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
As I was researching a possible way to get usable energy from the reaction from hydrogen peroxide and bleach, I found this site and many others that describe rockets, go-carts and even automobiles that are powered by hydrogen peroxide.

Couple of questions - how easy is it to make hydrogen peroxide?

Why has this not taken hold on today's cars?

More

[edit on 7-2-2006 by godservant]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Don't expect much change in fuel for public cars for awhile. Think of how many gas industries there are...Imagine how many people whould suffer from having no more people buying gas? Unless the gas is all used there shouldn't be any other energy powered cars for quite some time.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
if you read things correctly. gasoline engines will have a tough time with the pressure increase. I have thought about using peroxide water injection to help increase combustion in my engine, but it would probably blow a head gasket. Now a diesel engine on the other hand is designed for large pressures in its cylinders. Take one of those VW TDI's and add a 50% h202 water injection and see if there is an increase in power and a decrease in unburnt hydrocarbons. That is where you should be thinking. maybe the VW would get an increase in milage frome 45 to 55 or higher

but it still takes energy to make h202

[edit on 8-2-2006 by bigx01]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Here is a link to a discussion about making hydrogen peroxide. Sounds like it's not something I would try at home.

new topics

top topics

join