It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Names

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I actually gave myself this name, I was watching a college football game on tv and I just said, "Gimme football!" You can probably well what NFL team I pull for. (HINT:Look at the avatar.)

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Mine was intentionally misleading. That's the reason I picked it.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I chose my name, "benevolent tyrant" because of the fact that almost every time there is a despot, a dictator, a sole individual who is a leader, he is a tyrant. Why, I would wonder, would someone want such absolute power only to have his own people hate him. Why wouldn't someone who found himself in that position actually be good -- benevolent?

Fidel Castro, ironically enough, seems to be the only dictator in modern times who actually fits the bill but, of course, he does fall short of the mark. But I always wonder why absolute power would corrupt an individual to the point where he would stop being benevolent. I have always asked myself why someone could not be so good to his people that he would be loved, admired and hailed as the great leader -- and not just because he was demanding this from his people.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
In true conspiracy theorist fashion, I didn't want to use the name I blog under... I had to come up with a name I'd never used anywhere else. It occurred to me that I read ATS to keep my mind busy; you know, give myself something new to think about. Thus: BusyMind

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's an homage to this man, the original Dr. Love:

I've tried to emulate his way with the ladies, but my tongue is not that long.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I had the best name ever all ready to go. I mean, a unique name that everyone would have immediately been envious of. It was perfect.

Then I submitted the thingie to register and didn't fill it out all the way. I believe I left off the "why do you want to join?" part. So I got an email back telling me my application had been rejected, but I could try again in 30 days.

Of course, it had taken me months to decide to register and I wasn't about to wait 30 more days so I submitted another request, properly completed. On a whim, I selected "yeahright" since that's a phrase I've been known to use frequently, and many of my other frequently used phrases would not be "appropriate". Figured I could change it later. Well, no you can't. So there you go.
:bnghd:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Some time ago I was making up names for my party members in the game Baldur's Gate II. This is where I originally came up with the name Umbrax.

It may sound terrible but I really love my name
I took the Latin word for shadow, umbra, and just tosses an 'x' on the end to make it sound better.
Umbra is a little more than just a shadow.
In English Umbra is the darkest part of the shadow.

The dark central region of a sunspot is also called the umbra.

"Top Secret Umbra" is the codeword for the most sensitive category of communications intelligence.

I also just found out recently that the RPG World of Darkness the word umbra is used for the spirit world, the afterlife, and the astral plane.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
well after lurking for sometime, there was a lot i didnt know. I wanted the truth about aircraft, and somewhat on area 51 and such. But I wanted a ghetto twist. So truttseeker was made. I mean, come on that just sounds so aweosme "trutt". just makes you want to go out and hit things with a baseball bat

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Mine is open to speculation!

Well it's not but you can probably guess anyway..............

top topics

<< 1   >>

join