It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Names

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I always wonder why people chose their names. Tell us why you chose your name and what it means.

"Bluebird"

When I was student at UC San Diego I drove a shuttle for the students. Boy did I have my share of good times in that job. And the girls... good god. Razz

Anyways Bluebird was the name of the company that manufactured the shuttles.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I chose mine because of my internet site and the affiliates that have grown from it. UnMature.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
My name came from one of my favorite bands...the doors,

The song is titled "THE CELEBRATION OF THE LIZARD".

'I am the Lizard King
I can do anything
I can make the earth stop in its tracks
I made the blue cars go away

For seven years I dwelt
In the loose palace of exile
Playing strange games
With the girls of the island

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I chose my ATS name, simply because it's the name I go by in real life, and as soon as I'm 18 am having it made my legal name, I did'nt see the point in making up a name thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
because i can fly anything- it's landing that is the problem.

Oh also cause I'm the quite guy that usually saves the day for the loud obnoxios folks that will inevitablly steal the glory. Anyone seen the cartoon?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
That is strictly classified, sorry.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well mine is pretty obvious.....I like to watch Dust blow around in the wind!

No really that song is one of my favorites from the group Kansas.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think my names is pretty self-explanitory. My past name from three years ago was GiantsFan, because I was and still am a SF Giants fan. Now I just use that SN over on SportzTawk.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm an underused sock puppet for a real member, and I have very little control over my own destiny. I don't get to post very often, but that's my lot in life.

I'm just anxietydisorder's sock puppet.
But I'm happy with that roll......

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, I didn't really choose my name. It was chosen for me, but before I knew that I would need a user name.

It's probably not too hard to guess that my first name is Kat, Katie, Kathy, something like that. Well, a few years ago, when I first got a computer and got the Internet, I was entranced by it. I would sit at the computer, lost in cyberspace for days, getting up only to use the bathroom and grab a quick bite to eat back at the computer.

It used to sort of annoy my friends that my phone was always busy. One of them came over, irritated and said something like, "O,K. CyberKat, get OFF THAT COMPUTER! I've got to talk to you!" Or something like that. The name just stuck. My offline nickname became CyberKat. I even had a cat I named, "DotCom" (corney, I know....but I really did).

So, when I needed a user name, there it was, CyberKat.

Pretty boring, huh?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Nah Cyberkat that is not boring at all.
My nickname in real life is "Big D" or "D" to my co-workers but I wanted to try something new because I always use that name on other sites.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Got mine cause I have long blond hair to my ..... and I wear cowboy hats and boots and listen to Country music(not exclusively).
And with my pearl handled .357 revolvers I cut a swath of truth and justice through the mist of ignorance and hate.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Any of you guys/gals heard of the Grateful Dead? *wink*
I chose mine because I am a merchant sailor... And an old Grateful Dead fan.

Lost Sailor

Compass card is spinning, helm is swinging to and fro
Oh, where is the dog star, oh, where's the moon.
You're a lost sailor, been away too long at sea.

Somedays the gales are howling, sometimes the sea is still as glass.
Oh, raise the main sail, oh, lash the mast.
Now the shorelines beckon, there is a price for being free.

There's a sea bird cryin' and there's a ghost wind blowing
And it's calling you, to that misty swirling sea.
Till the chains of your dreams are broken,
No place in this world you can be.

Now the shorelines beckon, there is a price for being free.

You pay for being free, I'll tell ya freedom don't come easy,
Free don't always come for free,
Sometimes it's hard to know what to believe in.

Where to go, who to go to, where to be, who to be.
That means you're driftin'.... driftin'
Yeah driftin' and dreamin', really goin' on a dream now.
Really goin' on a feelin', really goin' on a feelin'.
Driftin', driftin' and dreamin'.

Cause there's a place you've never been
Maybe a place you've never seen now
You can hear them callin' on the wind
Driftin' and dreamin', driftin' and dreamin'.
Really goin' on a dream now, really goin' on a dream now,
Really goin' on a dream now

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hi all.I just love the way all of you have chosen your names. It has real character.

Why I chose Darkraveness is I have long dark hair. I like to cyber around flying like a raven poppin in and out to chat,learn, read etcccccccccc. And the ness is because I'm all Woman. LMAO, Nothing esle.
I'm a bit of a social girl on the net in different forums but I use this name the most.
And it's funny though as people have called me a goth, I just go Yeah right I'll scare you all and curse you and dance to music (I can't understand.)Lol And its funny that people ask about which race I am too because of DARK..........LOL.........so now as I fly away
since I am a raven
I'll steal all of the shiny things I see on my way out

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
TOP SECRET/MAJIC

I got my name from the Majestic Documents.

However, there are other places where that name can be found, notably FM radio stations across the U.S.

Ironically, my current interest in anime developed because I chose "Majic" as my ATS name. While searching for "majic-related" images on the 'Net, I encountered the character "Majic Lin" of the anime series Sorcerous Stabber Orphen and, on a whim, bought a copy.

Majic Lin became my "avatar mascot" for a while, but after I watched another anime called Haibane Renmei (which remains my favorite), I adopted haibane as my "totem".

Probably more than anyone really wanted or needed to know, but there it is.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I know there is a thread on this stuff somewhere...but...

My name stems back from the late 1990's, somewhere in 97/98 I decided to go by the name Ground Zero, inspired by a game called Nihilist (default name is Zero if you don't enter one your self), I always picked a radiation sign for my character and added ground to zero, I always have been mesmorized by atomic explosions.

Many people assume it refers to 9/11 but that's simply not true, I had it before then, needless to say I had quite a bit of angry Americans complain about my username but I never cared since I had it before 9/11.

My Avatar probably should have been a Nuclear Mushroom, but I decided to use a render of my A-17 model (based on speculation and the picture here on ATS) and my avatar was born...and evolved slowly over time.

Well that's the history behind my name.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I chose the name Beachcoma because that was the song by the Welsh electronica act Hybrid that was playing from my playlist when I registered. From their Album Wide Angle. My favourite electronica album. My favourite song from that album is Finished Symphony, but I chose Beachcoma because it was shorter even though it was the second best.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
my name is dan price and you can work the rest out for yourself...
ok I am 6ft 4

there you go

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Any of you guys/gals heard of the Grateful Dead? *wink*
I chose mine because I am a merchant sailor... And an old Grateful Dead fan.

Lost Sailor

Sorry, this probably sounds *off topic*, but LostSailor, I just had to comment on your being an old Grateful Dead fan. From the day I discovered them until the day (sad day that it was) Jerry died, I was a diehard DeadHead. Lost Sailor......great song. Other than St. Stephen, one that I never did get so see performed live, my favorite was "Throwing Stones".

O.K. please excuse the interruption people and carry on. I just got a bit nostalgic at the memory of all those dead shows that will be no more.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
My friend gave me a Action Game for my PS2 and it was called oni.

It was fantastic, but it never came close to become my name until i looked up what Oni actually meant. It means "demon"

So i am a demon with a heart (hense the Oni x x ).

oni x x

top topics

<<   2 >>

join