It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim does not equal Terrorist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I have a question.

Why does it seem the baord is swamped with discussions like this one right now?
Is it because the Christians are blowing up buildings with passenger planes?
Are the Taoists burning embassies?
Are the Jews beheading contract workers?
Are the Hindus screaming Death To America (as well as Danish newspaper editors, the entire Jewish race)?
When was the last time you have seen a thousands of Atheists protesting in the streets (unless it is after a major pro sports game).

Just curious, as there might be a connection.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I have a question.

Why does it seem the baord is swamped with discussions like this one right now?

:shrugs:

Every other subject would have been slimmed down to one or two threads. I don't know ATS's official policy on this sort of thing but in the past when there are multiple threads on the same subject then the thread is closed and members are asked to contribute to the existing thread.

Right now there is like a dozen threads that are about the recent riots. They are all the same. Koran quotes and bible quotes, get them before they get us. Muslims are bad. Stuff like that.
Many of them are right here on the WoT board even if the original post makes no connection to the WoT. Most of the Christian slug fests I've seen get shipped off to the BTS religion board.
But like I said I don't know the official policies on these types of things. I'm just going by what I've seen in the past.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I hear you, but there is a huge thing going on throughout the world right now, and it doesn't look good. People are wanting to talk about it, and most of the spin-off threads are different enough to be derailments in other threads, unfortunately.

Most of the Christian-bashing threads are the same old stuff, and wouldn't be shipped off to BTS if the current events were the same.
This is one of the most expensive non-Illuminatic conspiracy I can think of. Let's look at just this last incident; some European religious guy goes around the world, showing off cartoons that were drawn months ago, and he also adds some in order to further fuel the flames. thousands and thousands of people, throughout the world are up in arms, destroying property andcalling for the death of people not even related to the stupid cartoons.
This one segment of the conspiracy is pretty mind-boggling, if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Islam needs to get a grip on their religon and crack down on the Imams and followers that are inciting hate, destruction and murder.

Hmmmm just like the catholic church need to crackdown on pedophile priests????

are u saying each and every muslim is responsible for what every other muslim does??? this doesnt make much sense to me.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   

And are you talking about the same Crusades that were launched to try and recover the Holy Land from the muslims that had recently conquered it - killing and enslaving thousands in the process? Well, some things really haven't changed in a thousand years, now have they?

Hmmm so when the muslims take land the christians are free to "crusade" to get the land back, but when the jews took the muslims land this is all fine and dandy, and the muslims should just shut up and take it.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I seem to always start with the same line so here it goes:
"As an American/Israeli I think that:" Not all Muslims are terrorists although it seems that the suicide bomber trageting civilians has been patented by Islamists.
Muslims and Arabs are a overly proud and jingoistic. In their view, the middle-east is a land that can only be ruled by Moslems. Jewish sovereignty in this "muslims only club" is unacceptable. This can also be
seen by the treatment of the Christians in Lebanon which had at one point a Christian majority.
Every religion has its "dark ages" for the Christians it was during the inquisition known as the Dark age - no progress was made in the christian lands at the time. Islam actually prospered then and so did scientific and cultural progress in those areas. Unfortunately, Islam has taken a turn for the worst and due to their fundamentalism Islam has tken a dive into their dark ages. For the most part Arab Muslims are, in my view, extremists because they are conditioned to be such. European, American, Israeli, Australian (etc) Muslims are less so since they are less exposed to that ignorant conditioning process. Even Arabs who were raised in Western countries are less extreme.
This is a tragedy for Islam itself since they have regressed. What makes it worse is that it is a Dark ages mentality with modern day weapons and technology.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist

I urge everyone here to follow the ATS motto and "Deny Ignorance" because stereotyping such as this is the height of ignorance.

Instead of lecturing us as to how we should be acting try lecturing the moderate muslims to take care of their own for a change, if they have trouble makers who twist their perfect religion toward hatred then let them sought these people out.

The only problem is they won't.

C'mon, how long have they had to do something about these people?

I am sick of the PC bleeting about stepping on Muslims rights when they clearly operate by another set of rules.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Grimholt]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
Hmmmm just like the catholic church need to crackdown on pedophile priests????

are u saying each and every muslim is responsible for what every other muslim does??? this doesnt make much sense to me.

Your playing sides to make excuses for one group's immoral behavoir, because the other group is immoral does not excuse either group. The blame game is for dolts and bench warmers, who have no clue what to do other than point fingers, complain and jeer.

You are your brother's keeper, it's called holding oneself accountable to the world's affairs. If the muslims want to have their Islamic institution viewed as worthy one, then it's time to clean house and rid it of rats or you can bet others will.

The pass the buck, not me, NIMBY, me first McWorld got us to this point,
and it probably doesn't make sense if your selfish, rather blame others and can't solve problems.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
JudahMaccabbi,

I couldn't agree more on your observation. I'd like to add some of my own thoughts on that.

As an individual who lives in a country where we get to observe both the Western and the Arab press, I see the same sort of generalizations practiced by both sides.

In the west, the media often reports terrorist acts perpetrated by so-called muslims. The unspoken yet clear assertion is that muslims are terrorists. Meanwhile, in the Arab countries, the potrayal is that the west are controlled by Zionists. The assertion is that Jews are Zionists. The difference however is that the western press are more subtle than their outspoken Arab counterpart.

Both are incorrect, and they illustrate the role the media plays in the perception of the masses. This is dangerous, as it leads to people from both spheres to make broad sweeping generalizations -- in the west it is muslims are terrorists and intolerant of other cultures while in the Arab world the west are Jewish Zionist controlled puppets.

The weak-minded from either culture will accept these facts without resistance. After all, it is so much easier to accept the media lies than to make their own impartial observations. Compound this with the fact that the actions of both sides seem to confirm the others' own prejudice -- the acts of Arab extremists confirming the assertion that muslims are intolerant terrorists and the west's apparant double-standards when dealing with Jewish and Israeli issues confirming the idea that the west are Jewish-Zionist puppets.

If headway is to be made in mending relations between the two, the press from both sides have to stop their bias and slant in matters pertaining to the other. This will not make the problem go away immediately, for both sides have been conditioned for years into this sort of stereotypical thinking. But eventually progress will be made.

In my country for example, the media has long stopped potraying the west as puppets to the Zionists, and the results can be seen in our indifference to the media slant from both sides. Indifference may seem like a bad thing, but if it halts bigotted thinking, then it's not so bad. At the very least we don't practice double-think.

For example, we see the war in Iraq as bad, but we also see these terrorist actions or the violent riots as equally deplorable. The lack of media bias on both these issues as they are reported here allows us to see the true reality of both issues -- that violence does not solve anything.

I am not calling for the people to be more politically correct here. I am simply calling for both sides to stop prejudging the other, to see that violence only begets more violence. That very very rarely does violence solve anything.

If the media, from both sides can stop their slanted reporting, and if both sides can stop prejudging the other, all of mankind can make some real progress in the social arena.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join