It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim does not equal Terrorist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist

originally posted by kuhl
All muslims are not terrorists by far,but agood % agree with what the terrorists want a world under muslim law.

and whats wrong with that? Im sure a good % of christians want a world under Christian Law.

I think what im trying to point out here is that all the arguments being put forward, go both ways.....

Yes but how many christians do you see strapping bombs to themselves and taking a busride?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am totaly agreeing with the starter of this thread. Over the past 2 months on ATS i have alot of threads that depicts muslims as terroists. Call me paranoid but i believe the amount of governments agents on ATS has jumped in recent times. How many iranian threads has there been in the past month?

Deny Ignorance, Islam does not equal terror. Poverty and lack of education equals terror.

By the way Khul, christians dont need to strap bombs to their chest. They made the Nukes

[edit on 052828p://upTuesday by wang]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Muslim may not equal terrorist, but more often then not terrorist equals Muslim.

The sad fact is, untill this supposedly peacefull majority of the Muslim world stands up and cleans up their own trash, they are going to be viewed in a bad light.

This is completely warrented, as it's very evident that the majority of the Muslim world would rather not be a part of the solution. By not taking a stand against their own, they are passively giving them credit and permission. I speak from personal experience with Muslims. They will almost never criticize their own, and when they do it is invariably done with an excuse:

"9/11 was terrible, but America had it coming to them."

"The rioters in France are outof control, but who can blame them."

It is a sick attitude they, in general, have. Untill that changes, negative views of Muslims are completely justified.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
After going through the war on terror forum, i cant help but notice that the fine members here at ATS seem to think that all muslims are terrorists.

Interesting, because I recall most of the people here posting against muslim terrorists as going out of their way to say just the opposite.

My suggestion to you would be to heed your own signature.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The problem is that for every one person asserting in a calm and even tone that Muslim != Terrorist there are two or more people yelling for blood claiming it is the will of Allah. Simple math tells us two yelling overshadows (especially in the media) the one quiet calm person. Perhaps if those muslims who wish to keep things sane and have their religion respected rather than disgraced should develop some balls and start getting up front and vocal when some tard starts doing stupid things in the name of their religion. People seem to misjudge when to stand up and shout over something, becuase having your faith smeared by those claiming to be bretheren is definately a time to get aggressive about showing people what really is the deal.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have cousins married to men of the muslim faith and they (the ones i am referring to) are wonderful, loving husbands and they love the USA.

I met their parents as well and they are wonderful people. They practice their religion every day (do you know they have to wash their feet before prayers???)

Lovely, nice people. They dont beleive in terrorism, they dont want the infidels dead. They just exist like you and me.

Muslim DO NOT EQUAL TERRORIST. Thats like saying all Cuban women hang out at the beach looking for American sailors----

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Islam needs to get a grip on their religon and crack down on the Imams and followers that are inciting hate, destruction and murder.

Time for Islam to reform rather than marching in the shadows of the crusades.

Stop the insanity, heal thyself...complacency is not an option. Peaceful muslims need to get off their butts and start telling their brothers they are wrong. If they can't listen, then Islam needs lock them up and deprogram them. If they can't police themselves then it evolves to war.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Ahh...but one could cite passages that condone and encourage the killing of "infidels".

And usually the citings tend to be taken out of context. Consider this famous one:

Kill them wherever you find them… (Al-Baqarah 2: 191)

If put into context, it reads:

Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loves not transgressors. And kill them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, kill them. Such is the reward of those who reject faith. But if they cease, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression. The prohibited month, for the prohibited month, and so for all things prohibited, there is the law of equality. If then any one transgresses the prohibition against you, transgress ye likewise against him. But fear Allah, and know that Allah is with those who restrain themselves. (Al-Baqarah 2: 190-194)

That last line is very important. Restraint. But more importantly, the Qur'an also states:

Say: "Come, I will rehearse what Allah hath (really) prohibited you from": Join not anything as equal with Him; be good to your parents; kill not your children on a plea of want;- We provide sustenance for you and for them;- come not nigh to shameful deeds. Whether open or secret; take not life, which Allah hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom. (Al-An`am 6: 151)

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Islam needs to get a grip on their religon and crack down on the Imams and followers that are inciting hate, destruction and murder.

Peaceful muslims need to get off their butts and start telling their brothers they are wrong. If they can't listen, then Islam needs lock them up and deprogram them. If they can't police themselves then it evolves to war.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

You hit the nail right on the head there.

Eventually, if ISLAM does not change and adapt to the the modern world, there WILL be a western reaction. Right now everyone wants to give Islam the chance to join the rest of the world. If the radical right of their religion continue to dominate their beliefs and world views, then the rest of the world will eventually be compelled to take actions into it's own hands.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Any word from the White house?

I betcha their pants are wet with joy.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
American Mad MAn

"You hit the nail right on the head there.

Eventually, if ISLAM does not change and adapt to the the modern world, there WILL be a western reaction. Right now everyone wants to give Islam the chance to join the rest of the world. If the radical right of their religion continue to dominate their beliefs and world views, then the rest of the world will eventually be compelled to take actions into it's own hands."

Trying to make Islam review some of the Quoran archaic beliefs is pointless

They remind me of the Borgs in Star Trek. They are programmed to do
whatever their mullahs tell them.
On the other hand, those Muslims who tried to do something
about it are either dead or living in non-Muslim nations. I imagine there is a vast mayority of Muslims who are willing to change the way thing are but are too afraid of the a**holes in charge

Resistance is futile!

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Vladtepes]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I noticed that someone stated 'show me a Cristian who uses terror'. Well the OK i will.

What about the catholics who blew up abortion clinics because It goes against what god says?

I see a hell of a lot of Ignorance on this board when i comes to this.

I may also bring to your attention, the crusades and all the other wars in the name of Christianity over the years. There is no religion that is better or peacefuller then the next, one good example is Henry the 8th, who went through the country and killed any Catholics that he come across and burnt down all the churches, to benefit his religion CofE.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
I noticed that someone stated 'show me a Cristian who uses terror'. Well the OK i will.

What about the catholics who blew up abortion clinics because It goes against what god says?

I may also bring to your attention, the crusades and all the other wars in the name of Christianity over the years. There is no religion that is better or peacefuller then the next, one good example is Henry the 8th, who went through the country and killed any Catholics that he come across and burnt down all the churches, to benefit his religion CofE.

OK, you really got us on that one. Let's see. That makes the "score" something like radical muslims 100,000 and "Catholics" 1 in the terrorism competition. We'll have to really keep an eye those "Catholics" from now on.

And are you talking about the same Crusades that were launched to try and recover the Holy Land from the muslims that had recently conquered it - killing and enslaving thousands in the process? Well, some things really haven't changed in a thousand years, now have they?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

By the way Khul, christians dont need to strap bombs to their chest. They made the Nukes

And when was the last time we actually used a nuke in anger hmm? When was the last Suicide attack? Yesturday? The Day Before? RIIIIIGHT. Double Standard much?

The Moderates need to get off their asses and DO something for a change instead of justifying these acts by DOING NOTHING!

Do you Moderates really think a CARTOON is justification for calling for the EXTERMINATION OF THOSE WHO SLANDER ISLAM? If you do then you are not Moderates. Making Excuses like "Oh but its soooo offensive to our Religion" is justifying the actions and words of these extremists.

Are you guys COWARDS? The French Resistance during WW2 had the balls to stand up against the NAZI's. Why can't you do the same? Pathetic.

FYI Those few Muslims who are standing against this kind of idiocy have my utmost respect. Unfortunately I only know 2 people who have done that so far....

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Last time was Hiroshima and Nagasaki as im sure you know

Nuclear weapons showed their destruction on that day August 6th 1945, it shocked the world. They are weapons of intimidation. So dont act like they are not useful.

Both sides christian west and, islamic middle east have their problems. What this thread is calling for is the stop of the demonizing of muslims, 99% of muslims dont take part in religous violence. It is a small fanatical group within islam, and through the "war on terroism" and the ivasion of afganistan and iraq, in reaction to the small percentage. Has giving muslim youths a reason to be angry at the west.

We have to understand what these "terroists" are doing what they are doing and instead of putting a bullet in their head, solve the problem that created the terroists intentions. If we just go around killing them, it will just anger more people and they people you kill will be replaced by others who are even more willing to die for their cause. The west is not looking at the big picture, unless they are planning to commit genocide on a massive scale killing every muslim, terroism wont stop without finding the underlying problem.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
99% of muslims dont take part in religous violence. It is a small fanatical group within islam, and through the "war on terroism" and the ivasion of afganistan and iraq, in reaction to the small percentage. Has giving muslim youths a reason to be angry at the west.

Again, do your own math. 1% of over a billion muslims equals over 10 million violent fanatics. No one would consider 10 million to be a "small group of fanatics".

Time to try a different argument, because no one is buying this one either.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Ok sorry i was being very "curde" i will say %99.999999 percent of muslims dont take part in religious violence. Again a estimate, but one maybe closer to your liking.

You should get the jist of what i am trying to com-mun-i-cate.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Ok sorry i was being very "ccude" i will say %99.999999 percent of muslims dont take part in religious violence. Again a estimate, but one maybe closer to your liking.

You should get the jist of what i am trying to com-mun-i-cate.

Sorry for double post.

[edit on 122828p://upWednesday by wang]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Change the numbers all you want. Like I said, no one believes what you are saying to be true anyway.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
No one beliving me doesnt concern me what so ever, it is the truth.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" Winston Churchill

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join