Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I don't think the City of Houston wants Katrina evacuees around anymore

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There seems to be a growing trend in the media here in Houston to specifically point out that so and so who was involved in a robbery was a Katrina evacuee. So and so who killed a man was a Katrina evacuee. So and so kids who got into a tussle at school were part of a gang comprised of kids who were children of Katrina evacuees. Now today it's all over the media about how Katrina evacuees aren't going to be getting free rent from the city anymore.

It's like the media is trying to start a Katrina victim cleansing of Houston, but where in the hell are these people going to go from here? It's almost like the city's saying through the media "Look, we did our part. You're not wanted here anymore. We don't care where you go as long as it's not here." The pressure continues to build. Something bad's gonna go down I'm tellin' ya.

Peace

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The "city" has done all that can be done for the real "victims" who wish to move forward with their lives. All that is left is "scum"............

Throw these bums out on the street where they came from.........

The total is less than 2000.............

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Don't forget that nice little old lady that took in three evacuees, and they killed her.....yes, I believe there have been alot of bad crimes that have happened as a result of them.

Thats the thanks Houston gets for all their help.......

I'm sure you are right about the city wanting them gone.

Faeryland

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love.....I don't think the City of Houston wants Katrina evacuees around anymore

I dont think they really wanted them there in the first place. I mean sure there are nice people who would take some of them into their own homes, but i'm not sure government officials truly cared. The whole thing was a test run, or actually, the real thing, for "Martial Law"..And it worked flawlessly. FEMA saw an opportunity, that was planned for. It was known that it would happen.They were arresting people, and confiscating guns in towns that werent even flooded. Why would they waiste time running through neighborhoods that are ok, when people were dying in the next city over? Because FEMA was "practicing". Just imagine, when they take civilians right to bear arms..(second, and fourth amendment) Who will police the police???................... Brittain, UK, Australia, and many others have all ready placed a ban on ALL HANDGUNS..We are next!! because they already dont recognize the Constitution, it's a joke. How many times have you seen people get aressted for "gun possesion"..the folks at Waco, got burned, they murder the same millitias that our forefathers gave rights to. Not all malitias are of bad intent.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I saw Katrina sort of like a "fire drill" for the real deal, although it was , horrifically real....Hurrican Katrina, I feel, had many motives. French businessmen not the least ,but also the Mayor and the Governor. There is no way they couldnt have known this. THIS IS THIER STATE< ITS BEEN BUILT THAT WAY FOR DECADES. OF COURSE IT HAD BEEN AN ISSUE..Thats like an earthquake striking California, and the Mayor says ..."I wasn't expecting that!" There is even proof that they knew...lol

[edit on 9-2-2006 by maathotep]

[edit on 9-2-2006 by maathotep]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I've been hearing that the crime rate has gone up in Houston.

NOLA is a pretty corrupt city to begin with, so it wouldn't be surprising to me if there were a bigger concentration of bad apples than some other cities.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
For crime related incidents, the local Houston paper is a good source.

I agree with the original post, almost every night the local news has some “Katrina Evacuee” as a suspect or apprehended. Many of the Houston residents are moving out of apartments and neighborhoods where these ‘evacuees’ were placed…it’s not pretty. I have quite a few first-hand stories and from employees, business owners, friends, neighbors and the like most are just…well…sad.

Information has been suppressed about the true state of these people, in this I have no doubt; but equally the problems they are causing is being filtered and suppressed.

The addition of 1000 police in the “Southwest” side of Houston was a good start, residents in that area still requested the Guardian Angles to set up and begin patrols.

The ones that have not found a job by now, especially in the Houston market, will simply not get a job, many of the parents still have not put their kids in school; unfortunately so many have lived for so long completely dependent on the state and federal government (before Katrina), they have no idea what to do.

mg

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This thread raises some interesting problems. I think some form of mass migration to another country would ensure the US government no longer has to take responseablity for the survivors of hurricane Katrina.
However there are some problems.
Most of the land masses on earth are already populated.
Countries want skilled workers not social and econmic problems planted in there backyard.
If there was a mass migrations people would probaly end up growing tea leaves in a thrid world country. The people themselvs wouldnt be any better off but the US government wouldnt have to foot the bill for rebuilding New Orleans.

list of countries by population density
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

List of countries/dependencies by population density in inhabitants/km²

link

Scroll down to the bottom to find the places with a low population to square KM ratio.

[edit on 19-2-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well as was said earlier by thermopolis, all who havent gotten on with what they can of their lives are scum.

Houston is in a hard place because they are faced with people who dont want to integrate and become part of the community, theyd rather leach and commit crimes. send them back to new orleans

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
This thread raises some interesting problems. I think some form of mass migration to another country would ensure the US government no longer has to take responseablity for the survivors of hurricane Katrina.

Your premise is that it is the ‘displaced persons’ that the ‘US Government’ has a responsibility to provide continued care? Why?

This prior dependence on the ‘US Government’ for complete care is precisely why these ‘displaced persons’ which still require assistance can not pull themselves and/or their families out.

There is no excuse for not sending you children to public school, transportation is provided, not to mention the free breakfast and lunches these students can be provided and HISD has also provided school uniforms for ‘displaced students’.

There is no excuse for not becoming gainfully employed. Houston has a good public transportation infrastructure (bus, shuttles and train) Houston has donated tens of thousands of ‘bus passes’ and will do so if need is shown.

The Job market is wide open in Houston and ironically Houstonians are going to work in from Lake Charles, all the way to New Orleans doing a multitude of jobs unskilled and skilled. BTW many companies provide housing and most transportation (not to mention benefits and pay!)

There is responsibility of the individual to care for themselves? Yes?

"Mass Migration!"

Consider this for 'displaced persons':

Establish free day care… in Louisiana.
Establish free breakfast, lunch and dinner for children… in Louisiana.
Establish, just as the private companies currently do, basic housing… in Louisiana.
Establish work transportation, just as private companies currently do… in Louisiana.
Establish access to free medical care...in Louisiana.
Establish a workable plan to get these 'displaced persons' out of perpetual reliance.

Start back programs such as the WPA, CCC, etc and pay these ‘displaced people’ for work! “No work, no money”…that is how it works for most of Americans Yes?

Put these people to work rebuilding their city and their state and ‘migrate’ these people back home.

Find some other productive solutions, or explain how a continuation of what is going on now is productive?

mg

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I never said relying on the government was a good idea. Wherather or not the survivors get jobs in Houstan wont change the fact that the US government will have to foot the bill for rebuilding New Orleans. I suspect that Hailburton will rebuild New Orleans rather then the people that use to live there.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What has the government done to get these people ids so they can get jobs? Social Security cards? birth certificates? photo ids? drivers licenses? It's pretty hard for someone to get these replaced. I know when I fled my home years ago I couldn't get any id, etc because the places required id to get id. I had nothing. Took several months to get anything. You're required to have id to get a job.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Mod Edit: Please reread the T&C of the site and u2u me if you have any questions.

[edit on 2/22/06 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I find it interesting how my post was really the only one that hit the reason why "the City of Houston doesn't want Katrina evacuees around anymore". The rest of the world politically-correctedly dances around the issue. I nail it right on the head and you delete my post. Sorry if it's controversial. Sorry if it was blunt. Sorry it wasn't PC (you'd think this kinda site might "really" address issues like this). And sorry if I came off as a racist. I'm not. I'm just saying what others are afraid too. Sometimes the real truth hurts. Again, sorry, no hard feelings.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I can understand why Houston would want them to go home. The whole relocation was supposed to be temporary, until the water was removed.

I find it ironic that, initially, none of the three levels of government involved in this disaster, local, state, and federal, even wanted to help get the people out of New Orleans. Then, when they finally get them out, they don't want to let them back in.

I think some form of mass migration to another country would ensure the US government no longer has to take responseablity for the survivors of hurricane Katrina...However there are some problems.

There certainly are some problems. They are American citizens. Why should they have to migrate because their poor? What is this, Mexico?

If a person or a family qualified for section-8, or welfare, or whatever, before Hurricane Katrina, I'm quite sure they still qualify, in which case, it is still the government's responsibility to provide it, under regular guidelines.

Originally posted by missed_gear
Put these people to work rebuilding their city and their state and ‘migrate’ these people back home.

Best idea yet.

Maybe some of that Katrina money should have gone to them, to rebuild, instead of to Halliburton and their illegal workers, to whom we Americans have no responsibility.

Originally posted by missed_gear
There is no excuse for not becoming gainfully employed.

Does anyone have the answer to Jessicamsa's question: are there programs in place to help them get copies of their ID?

[edit on 23-2-2006 by HarlemHottie]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie

There certainly are some problems. They are American citizens. Why should they have to migrate because their poor? What is this, Mexico?

You could argue that given that the US has a open border with Mexico that the US is just an extension of Mexico.

If a person or a family qualified for section-8, or welfare, or whatever, before Hurricane Katrina, I'm quite sure they still qualify, in which case, it is still the government's responsibility to provide it, under regular guidelines.

Well I sure hope the American welfare system works better then there disater relief plans.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie

You could argue that given that the US has a open border with Mexico that the US is just an extension of Mexico.

Are you serious, or was that a joke?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
HarlemHottie Its just a possible train of thought you are welcome to disagree with me. I havnt given the Mexico - USA border alot of thought due to the fact that I dont live in the USA.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Maybe some of that Katrina money should have gone to them, to rebuild, instead of to Halliburton and their illegal workers, to whom we Americans have no responsibility.

That's crazy talk!

I agree completely.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

HarlemHottie Its just a possible train of thought you are welcome to disagree with me. I havnt given the Mexico - USA border alot of thought due to the fact that I dont live in the USA.

Oh, excuse me then. You wouldn't really have any reason to know. I'm not really sure if the border is literally "open," like, I don't know if there's a fence, or a restriction of traffic, with checkpoints, or whatever. What I do know is that illegal aliens are breaking the law simply by breathing American air, so they're not supposed to have a free pass. Yet another government agency that, for whatever reason, is dysfunctional.

After the Civil War, the government tried their best to relocate us, anywhere they could (ie, Liberia), so that's probably why I freaked out a little. Sorry.

I've always thought that 'black America' was like a third- world country inside of a first- world 'white America,' so maybe you were right, just not in the way you thought. If there were a place for us to go, with complete sovereignty and no 'colonial' ties, I would give it a try, but I wouldn't renounce my American citizenship. They can't get rid of us that easy.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

That's crazy talk!

I agree completely.

But, that won't ever happen again in this country (first time was the New Deal, I think).

It's more advantageous for the Republicans to let their constituents get mad at the blacks, a very played- out political ploy, and maybe some violence will erupt. That way, their constituents forget about how they have to buy Granny's medicine out of their own pockets, and about how that's become more difficult recently, since a large number of regular Americans are unemployed or underemployed. Then, when campaign time rolls around, candidates will use veiled language to say what they really mean ("The coloreds are out of control!"), and they'll be re-elected. It's an old trick that always seems to work on Americans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join