It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Coke better at Mcdonalds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I was wondering why Coke is so much better tasting at McDonalds, am I the only one who feels this way. Why is it so much different?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Are you saying as opposed to the Coke you buy in a can from the store or Coke you buy from other fast food chains? A lot of these places still use syrup and mix it with carbonated water. McDonalds probably buys canisters of Coke directly from the factory so it's just like the stuff you get in the can.

I think that may be the reason but I'm not a hundred percent.

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The way the syrup and soda water mixes; the way the ratio is set. It'll taste the same all over as McDonald's is very standardized.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Never noticed the coke..BUT is it just me or dose McD's taste like the finest gormet food. When you are hungover????

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
No, to me, greasy hash browns, eggs, steak and stale Mountian Dew.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Whenver I used to have coke from MacD's it always tasted watered down, yuk.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If I remember correctly fountain machines are supposed to be calibrated 5:1 soda water to syrup ratio for coca-cola.
This is the standard for all machines as coke wants its product to taste the same where ever you go. These machines need to be calibrated periodically to ensure product quality. Some places that serve fountain drinks are kind of slack and rarely (even never) calibrate their machines.
McDonald's, as much as some of us dislike them, runs a tight operation. They are very good at managing their controllables and equipment. This may be why you find that Coke tastes better there. Another factor may be the ice. I prefer my drinks with ice. If I get a drink with out ice it tastes flat to me.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by b777pilot
Never noticed the coke..BUT is it just me or dose McD's taste like the finest gormet food. When you are hungover????
yeah it does i crave it after i am done hugging the toilet :w:

new topics

top topics

join