It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish paper rejected Jesus cartoons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The same newspaper that printed the 12 cartoons that have proven so offensive to Muslims rejected cartoons depicting Jesus.

Jyllands-Posten, the Danish newspaper that first published the cartoons of the prophet Muhammad that have caused a storm of protest throughout the Islamic world, refused to run drawings lampooning Jesus Christ, it has emerged today.

The Danish daily turned down the cartoons of Christ three years ago, on the grounds that they could be offensive to readers and were not funny.

Source

Seems slighty hypocritical to me but what do I know?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Of course it is.

But, in reality, this whole thing is a set-up. How do all these Muslims get brand-new Danish flags to burn? And, the paper had these cartoons for over a year. Isn't it convenient that it is made this huge while everybody and their momma is calling for attacking Iran.

Between the WWE, our prez elections, and even the Super Bowl, it seems that most of our reality is not so real. It seems like we ARE living in some synthetic, crafted world.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree with you. These cartoons have really helped the muslims play into neo-con hands. At PrisonPlanet they have a great article concerning this.

Prison Planet

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
what do you expect?
its their double standerd back at work where they can take the piss out of one group yet be carefull around another

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
uh...actually....for an example....

Say I like to make fun of cars, so I make a cartoon with calvin pissing on a chevy.
If no one said anything and found it funny, As they did here in my country, I'd do ones of ford, Porche and the rest.

But if I made fun of chevy even though I still feel I can make fun of them all...

And they burnt my house/newspaper to the ground and started rioting...

Do you really think I'll do ANY more cartoons?

Nope...

mum's the word.

I don't think it's hipocritical at all.

call it what you will.

-DT

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Well , it's hypocritical in the fact that the newspaper said they would not run the Jesus cartoons "on the grounds that they could be offensive to readers and were not funny".

Zieler received an email back from the paper's Sunday editor, Jens Kaiser, which said: "I don't think Jyllands-Posten's readers will enjoy the drawings. As a matter of fact, I think that they will provoke an outcry. Therefore, I will not use them."

In the article it was stated that the cartoons were not requested but the fact remains the same editor who decided to post the Muhammad cartoons knowing they would be offensive to muslims decided not to post the Jesus cartoons because they would be offensive to chrisitians. That is hypocritical to me.

I'm not agreeing with the protests in any way, shape or form. The violence has done nothing except further the notion that Islam is a religion of hate and intolerance to others.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I agree this is very hypocritical, but it's no less what I expect of the western world.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
For goodness sake!! come to your senses. The danish press is not a kept or controlled press. That's called freedom of choice and speech for those who come from M.E and dont know such freedoms. The press is not representative of the people or the govt, so lay off stoking fires where there are none unless one has rags on the head instead of brains!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I agree with some other posters that this whole thing seems to be one huge crafted event. It was bad enough having the cartoons printed in Denmark, then the BBC, knowing already the outcry picks up on it. I heard on the tv this morning that France may get riots too after a French paper or magazine was also going to print them.
Knowing the consequences in advance and still going ahead shows recklessness beyond belief, unless it's deliberately done to cause conflict.

Putting the whole ridiculous "Free Speech" issue aside for a moment, if you know saying or printing something will cause offence or conflict then why do it? I find the whole religion issue a pain in the arse but I do not go around insulting the beliefs of others.

top topics

join