It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of course Money counts! Women Listen up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I see a lot of moaning and whining (very unmasculine by the way) by the guys about money being too critical to women, but I don't see how you can possibly be surprised that women care about financial well-being. If we are talking about looking for someone to marry, only a fool wouldnt consider financial well-being when choosing a mate. what's more primal about male-female relationships than being sure that your mate will be a winner in the survivor of the fittest?

And what does it mean about the person if they have financial difficulties? What does it say about a person if they don't have the discipline to live within a budget or put away some savings? Auto insurance actuaries use your credit score to figure how much to charge you because they know that your credit score is a measure of your responsibility.

In fact, I think our society has the OPPOSITE problem. Too many women marrying irresponsible jerks who ditch 'em after they have made 3 kids. Women too often allow themselves to get caught up with some good-looking, romantic but eventual bum. ladies, ask to see see his bottom line before you get taken by his bottom!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
While financial well-being is something I considered when marrying my mate, I knew that he wasn't wealthy, we were both grad students for crying out loud, and I knew that we weren't likely to be wealthy, but yet, I knew that he was responsible and that we would find a way to make it. Sometimes this has mean scraping every bit of loose change in the house to roll and use for groceries, or even eating beans and rice and rice and beans. I wouldn't trade what we have for money. The emotional and physical security I get from our relationship as well as the support and love he gives to me far surpasses the financial security I would have had with someone else.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by frau dr
While financial well-being is something I considered when marrying my mate, (snip) I wouldn't trade what we have for money.

First, it's good to see you frau dr!

Next, I must agree, that it is important that both people entering into a relationship know what the financial score is so to speak. A woman should have the security of knowing the guy is not a bum...is going to provide well enough...is going to contribute financially to the secuirty of the couple.

Likewise, the man should have the security of knowing the woman is going to contribute in ways that will benefit them financially, and contribute to the financial secuirty of the couple. This is done with measuring one's career, or one's work ethic and prospects, educaton in progress, as well as one's views of "success" and expectations for materialism in the future.

ONe's ability to save, budget, and manage resources should be considered.

So while women should be concerned with how well a man can provide...he should equally be aware of how a woman may either respect that role of him as the provider... or possibly just abuse the hell out of it

Either way, as frau dr points out in a way, money should never be the deciding factor of someone's personal worth to you.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What if he's got a bunch of money but he's cheap as all get out?

Also, some guys put all the money into the car that they drive and have nothing else. A woman thinks she's getting a winner, but all she's getting is a chicken dinner!

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by think2much

Originally posted by frau dr
While financial well-being is something I considered when marrying my mate, (snip) I wouldn't trade what we have for money.

First, it's good to see you frau dr!

Next, I must agree, that it is important that both people entering into a relationship know what the financial score is so to speak. A woman should have the security of knowing the guy is not a bum...is going to provide well enough...is going to contribute financially to the secuirty of the couple.

Likewise, the man should have the security of knowing the woman is going to contribute in ways that will benefit them financially, and contribute to the financial secuirty of the couple. This is done with measuring one's career, or one's work ethic and prospects, educaton in progress, as well as one's views of "success" and expectations for materialism in the future.

ONe's ability to save, budget, and manage resources should be considered.

So while women should be concerned with how well a man can provide...he should equally be aware of how a woman may either respect that role of him as the provider... or possibly just abuse the hell out of it

Either way, as frau dr points out in a way, money should never be the deciding factor of someone's personal worth to you.

Thanks. I am finding a few things I can post about....I am not as verbose or articulate as strangecraft, but I presently, I carry us financially! But there have been times when he has carried us, especially when the stragecraftlings were making their entrance.

When we first met, neither of us were very good at managing money, but we have both grown tremendously in that area. I think it has helped our relationship to have to go through some of the pits of financial hell together. Honestly, we started the Dave Ramsey financial plan last year and will soon be debt free except for the house and student loans and will then be able to tackle that more seriously and build some financial wealth. The wealth in our relationship we have built in growing together has given us more than $$$ could ever have given us.

join