It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irans cartoon revenge makes me sick

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Another item which I haven't really found an answer to, if these where originally published in September '05, then why are muslims outraged now?

The answer to this, is IMAM ABU LABAN, and his envoy of fundamentalistic muslims going on a 'tour'. Doing, imo, conspiration, and high-treason (during WWII, we shot people like this!) of the danish government and throne!
This is why I am one of those that want to expel him (and his family, since I don't believe in segregation of families!) ASAP.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
This cartoon business is really getting out of hand!!

Yes you are right in there but remember is Freedom of Speech only the ones that are the intended target is the ones that Feels offended.

I am not a muslin so it doesn't bother me.

An Iranian newspaper is now running a competition for the best holocaust cartoon. I am not Jewish but this sickens me deeply.

Why so, is Freedom of Speech so why are you so Deeply sickened.

I am no a Jewish and it doesn't bother me either.

First they deny the holocaust now they're making cartoons about it and why? In reprisal for what Denmark did.

Denmark is not Israel, So basically it's just another chance for Islam to attack the Jewish faith.

Well that is what Denmark cartoonist did to the delicate feelings of the followers of Mohamed they just attack their prophet and idol.

So now we most feel outraged because they are retaliating Israel? I see how the balance change when the bashing turns the other way.

Will it make you happy if they make cartoons pictures of Jesus then?

Or should we feel outrage also.

I wonder.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Why so, is Freedom of Speech so why are you so Deeply sickened.

I think I can answer this one for Kuhl!
He doesn't feel sickened by the cartoon! But the intent of the cartoon! Why print it, but to fuel an already escalated situation, that do not gain anyone any benefit!

Nobody reacted earlier to any islamistic cartoon, why would anyone start bother now? Europeans w/o islamic faith, have obviously way more patience than a common islamist from the Middle East/Indonesia and Africa!

Well that is what Denmark cartoonist did to the delicate feelings of the followers of Mohamed they just attack their prophet and idol.

So now we most feel outraged because they are retaliating Israel? I see how the balance change when the bashing turns the other way.

Will it make you happy if they make cartoons pictures of Jesus then?

Or should we feel outrage also.
I wonder.

The point of Kuhls personal statements are, without knowing Kuhl, is not about feeling outrage. On the contraire! Stop feeling that outrage (control your outrage!) that kills people! Get it?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I see your point Marg but a cartoon of the Holocaust is an attack on jews and the holocaust was not caused by jews ,whereas the cartoons of muslims were attacks on suicide bombers etc who are muslims and terrorists.But it is true that one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

Depends which angle you loook at it from I guess.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
The point of Kuhls personal statements are, without knowing Kuhl, is not about feeling outrage. On the contraire! Stop feeling that outrage (control your outrage!) that kills people! Get it?

But see that is the problem all these outrage is going somewhere is going into confrontation.

The desire confrontation to finally tag the intentions of radical muslin as truly religious driven.

If you follow up since the invasion of the US in the middle east is been a pattern in the European nations.

A pattern of violence and outrage, the reason we don't get the point of all these violence is due to the fact that here in US we have not been targeted by it.

At least not yet.

We are living in very dangerous times, religion and wars has always been linked one way or another.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Depends which angle you loook at it from I guess.

Exactly kuhl is all about who gets offended and who is doing the ofending..

I see it like I said in my previous post an instigation and a reason to target and feel offended after targeting.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

We are living in very dangerous times, religion and wars has always been linked one way or another.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This is true there are new developments everyday one way or another.
The situation is very fluid.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The desire confrontation to finally tag the intentions of radical muslin as truly religious driven.

Well, see, there is no reason to tag a radical muslim as something truly religious driven... ...a radical muslim IS religiously driven! -Thats what make him/her the radical muslim!

If you follow up since the invasion of the US in the middle east is been a pattern in the European nations.

Yes, who dragged Europe into the middle east, if it was not the US.
Of course, when european countries decides to follow the donkeys tale, there will be reprecautions of some sort. That is why dubyah had a very hard time getting all the support he wanted to attack Iraq! People here in Europe was and is veery reluctant going into a brawl!

A pattern of violence and outrage, the reason we don't get the point of all these violence is due to the fact that here in US we have not been targeted by it.

You are lucky, You have a continent of yours, where you can be in 'peace', surrounded by oceans and whatsnot to mention of armed forces watching their surroundings... ...it is nice to 'not be able to get the point' of all the violence going on, on that planet they call 'Abroad'.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Ulvetann]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Satircal cartoons, some making social statements regarding current world events regarding an ideology.

Cartoon regarding the death of 6 million plus, men women and children while at the hands of some of the most evil men and women of the 20th Century as a political spat at the above.

See the difference?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The difference is whether your psychotic or civil.

Anyone that is intimidated and reacts to image propaganda with violence and destruction, has no place in a free society. There's mental wards or prisons for those types.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FactoryLad

Cartoon regarding the death of 6 million plus, men women and children while at the hands of some of the most evil men and women of the 20th Century as a political spat at the above.

See the difference?

No is called Retaliation while exercising the western view of Freedom of Speech.

As always some tend to get offended by depending their feelings about the issue.

Is OK for some to get offended by Israel holocaust mockery because is Iran the one doing it.

And we all know that Iran is in the list of US considered Evil.

But making a mockery of the muslin Idol is OK because is a political and ideological statement.

Sorry but you can not have it both way is either all goes or nothing goes.

Perhaps some new worldwide rules should be made an apply to avoid offending races in the world.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I disagree Marg, many people in the UK protested at the motion of introducing a "Religious Hate" bill, as it would target comedians who satirise ideas and beliefs, a freedom westerners have enjoyed for years. At the end of the day, religion or not, all they are are ideas and beliefs.

Cartoons regarding the Holocaust? Bit of a different kettle of fish there, don't you think? Especially when it's in a political rage in response to these cartoons.

This is nothing to do with islam anymore. It's regarding the west and some kind of new political ideology emerging from the middle east.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I completely endorse the right of someone to create a cartoon about the holocaust. Why? Freedom of speech.

The same way I endorse the rights of the people who created the Mohammed cartoons. Freedom of speech.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that the Iranians are being very hypocritical with their cartoon creation. But don't criticize the fact that they're making cartoons too. If that was the middle-east's original response, there would be no controversy and it wouldn't even have made the front page. Criticize the stupid violence they've been responding with. That's where they went beyond their rights to protest the cartoons.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Any other time I wouldn't have a problem with it, but the only reason it's been done is because it's a political swipe.

This whole thing is turning into a playground argument.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Political cartoons are a political swipe often as well.

I completely disagree with their agenda and motive for doing so, but I still support their right to say whatever they want.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
I completely endorse the right of someone to create a cartoon about the holocaust. Why? Freedom of speech.

The same way I endorse the rights of the people who created the Mohammed cartoons. Freedom of speech.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that the Iranians are being very hypocritical with their cartoon creation. But don't criticize the fact that they're making cartoons too. If that was the middle-east's original response, there would be no controversy and it wouldn't even have made the front page. Criticize the stupid violence they've been responding with. That's where they went beyond their rights to protest the cartoons.

I FULLY agree with you!!
Hey if they want to make a cartoon on the holocaust so be it.
People need to stop the almighty freaking out,acting like the world is stopping when the H word is brought up!!!
We KNOW the mentality of these people, so let them act like even bigger idiots.
AND forget about it. If they have no reaction,maybe that will tell them something. With peoples reaction to a possible holocaust cartoon, they are getting just what they want!
I'm NOT denying or anything of the Holocaust, but when anyone brings it up for discussion or calls it on the carpet. In something other than "the holiest thing ever" light. OMG they must be Nazis...terrorists!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There is a new film out called 'finding comedy in the muslim world' do they actaully laugh at anything? Is any thing funny in their society in the Middle East because I have no evidence of it apart from one comedian who is Iranian and is a stand up comdian in the UK and laughs about terrorits? but he does not count he is a free.

Do Muslims laugh? is that why they have so much tension to let go when something small errupts? Do I sound ignorant or does 'finding comedy in the muslim world' have a point in its title?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I can see why the Muslim communities are getting really piss off about the Mohammand cartoon pictures, and I thought it was a very smart idea to boycott Danish good, but honestly once some of the middle eastern communities began to burn down embassies and start riot, I do believe it got really out of hand. I mean people got killed in the riots, building got burn down, and now drawing of holocaust. I thought it was pretty stupid when other countries started to printed out the same cartoons, there just making the situation worse!!

I mean this whole situation brings me back to grade school, only at a larger scale. Oh he called me "fat" well from now on I'm gonna call him an "d**k" and see how he feels about it, then it gets out of hand, and the two kids fight and all of this other petty drama. Oh crap, he got his friends ganging me, oh let me bring in a gun to school!! Sigh, this world is full of drama, its like FOX's reality shows, I was so much happier when I didn't watch the news.

Seriously I don't think we should get mad and start riot about the "holocaust drawing", its my opinion of a civilize protest. I mean we should send a message to the angry community, we should show them that a little drawing won't get make us cause riots, why do they cause riot. I think its the only way to make them feel stupid that they would act immature about a situation. This is highly unlikely and that the Mohammand cartoon riot is just something to fuel other countries that want to build nuclear weapons or go to war with Isreal. But we have other countries to blame as well..like the countries who reprinted out the "comic".

(Note: In my opinion all Muslim has the right to be angry, I just thought that when you physical destruction, thats when I think it gets out of hand! And seriously not all Muslim are like this, and I don't hate Muslim, some of my friends are Muslim, and they agree with me as well.)

[edit on 7-2-2006 by skyblueff0]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Lets say Hitler got his way won the war WW2 and became a world dictator and ordered genocide to all Jews. His followers were peaceful under his nazi system but as soon as one published him with a symbolic bomb as a head for his intolerance. His followers began to Riot and attack all journalists.

But under his system they are calm peaceful but within lies a dictatorship that has oppressed the mind of the followers for generations they all agree with him its a must their family have been brought up this way.

Okay what is the difference between this world and Islam they both hate the Jews with genocide in their mind and all those who stand up to him. Does that make Islam any better because they are under a strict system where one can not leave and one can not express the slightest expression because its faith. What shall we do let them take the rest of the world down with them or stand up for our own freedoms, Mohammad was not that great he would be arrested if he lived today and the legacy of his agenda lives on in his image. He grew his army that eventaully became Roman like and took over the countries they have now, they did not convert with love but with violence they got as far as Europe untill the Europeans woke up and stood up for thier own beliefs. Now centries later we let them in and now under their same mentality we have the same problems.

Maybe we should seperate maybe let our God inspired given knowlege of medicine science and technology (a Jew invented nuclear energy) we have today maybe we should oppress it back and see how far their system would have got them. It was not untill Christanity took off again that we got all these descoveries and Inventions God heard some one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join