It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irans cartoon revenge makes me sick

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This cartoon business is really getting out of hand!!

An Iranian newspaper is now running a competition for the best holocaust cartoon. I am not jewish but this sickens me deeply.

First they deny the holocaust now they're making cartoons about it and why? In reprisal for what Denmark did.

Denmark is not Israel, So basically it's just another chance for Islam to attack the jewish faith.

source:

www.sky.com...

edits for source

[edit on 7/2/2006 by kuhl]

[edit on 7/2/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
This cartoon business is really getting out of hand!!

An Iranian newspaper is now running a competition for the best holocaust cartoon. I am not jewish but this sickens me deeply.

First they deny the holocaust now they're making cartoons about it and why? In reprisal for what Denmark did.

Denmark is not Israel, So basically it's just another chance for Islam to attack the jewish faith.

source:

www.sky.com...

could u just tell me how its a chance for islam to attack the jewish faith?
Islam like christianty,jews and so on is a faith and followed by people.
so in term are you saying all us muslims are attacking the jewish faith?
since more then 1.3 billion of us are muslim.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Islamic Nazi's are at it again it seems
When are you Moderates gonna muzzle these freaks? We've done the same with our Fanatical Freaks now it's your turn.

Rioting, Burning and Killing over a silly cartoon. Makes me sick.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Palestine and Iran are both countries with Islamic governments and they both want the destruction of israel.
A lot of Muslims here in U.K. agree.
I would ask what do you think of the holocaust cartoon idea?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
it is very strange how some people find their "politically incorrect" cartoons very acceptable but wouldn't accept any critic themselves , if the whole humanity reacted the same way as what we are seeing around the world right now , i truly believe there wouldn't be many of us left ,

Judaism has been a target for decades, don't remember them nuking anyone for it

anyway examples are close to infinite (close to infinite can anything be close to infinte hmmm i think i'm starting a new thread on that one
)

lucky me i'm pagan came prepackaged with a sense of humor

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Hvitserk]

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Hvitserk]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think this could turn out to be a wonderful development.

Imagine if wars of the future were fought with caricature and satire instead of ordinance and rifles?

Not likely I'm afraid.

Just please someone wake me up when adults are back in charge of the nations of the world, mmmk?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Palestine and Iran are both countries with Islamic governments and they both want the destruction of israel.
A lot of Muslims here in U.K. agree.
I would ask what do you think of the holocaust cartoon idea?

edit: forgot to add
two wronges dont make a right that does the iranian cartoon idea
even so its funny since it was denmark

also palestinians now have a islamic goverment with such vendeta against israel is because of the loss they have sufferd thanks to the israeli goverment.

also the iranian goverment doesnt represent all iranians nor a large minority of muslims.

ps back to uk only a small minority agree and they are mostly youths and other poeple who watch the news and see what palistians have to go through every day.

sardion2000
cute picture

shame when it came to the actual image it resembled someing quite diffrent. with the danish artist portraying our prohpet as a terrorist

also if you go to germany and so on its ok for people to take the piss out of all cultures but jews (so there is some double standerds in some countrys in europe)

[edit on 7-2-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
No it's not accurate but it still highlights the inherint idiocy of the whole situation. Rioting, Buring Consolates and Killing people because of SATIRICAL CARTOONS(abiet in poor taste) is just plain wrong. I am not condemning the whole religion but frankely I've stopped having ANY sympathy for the plight of those who would call themselves "freedom fighters". They degrade the meaning of the title of a "freedom fighter". In WW2 the French resistance were "Freedom Fighters". These are just a bunch of fundamentalist thugs seeking world domination(in the Words of HAMAS).

Why aren't you standing up against this bodrul? Do you think what they are doing is right? I've only heard ONE Muslim comdemn the actions of these mobs on ATS so far, care to make it TWO?

FYI I could care less wether people boycott Danish products and hold Peacefull protests but they are not THAT would be acceptable in my view.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
i will tell you why i stay quite
even so i condone the violence that this has caused

after reading peoples views here on all us muslims for the actions of a few
i see no point.
(look through this forum)

whats the point in me standing in a crowd of people here who are ready to condem all us muslims.

look around you and look at the media and see how much focus they put on the minority who chant death and the media coverge on those who condone the actions

[edit on 7-2-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
look around you and look at the media and see how much focus they put on the minority who chant death and the media coverge on those who condone the actions

For what it's worth, the media does the same with all "special interests". If you based reality on what CNN shows you, all liberals are tree-huggers; all republicans are rich, old white men; all christians are bible-thumping evangelists. It's the American way--individuals do not take responsibility for actions, groups do. Makes for better ratings too.

FWIW though I love the irony--to protest a cartoon that portrays their culture as violent, they have riots and burn embassies. That's a good way to change an opinion.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
My rant for a nickle is, that I feel the islamists as being very, VERY spoiled brats with a constant temper tantrum.
I am not a racist! -but I really, REALLY dislike the religion, Islam, beyond my normal preferences, which unfortunately mirrors itself when I utter complaint of muslims' religion.

Don't be so [insert profanity], [insert one more profanity] ridiculous in your actions. Try deal with it, like a big brother, not like some obnoxious kid, that no one likes!

PS! I am an agnostic, but my tolerance of theists has gone from ignoring to loathing! Now, what was best for Your religion? Me being a non-interested 'infidel', or an Islamic hater? [Insert profanity aimed at Islam.]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1

FWIW though I love the irony--to protest a cartoon that portrays their culture as violent, they have riots and burn embassies. That's a good way to change an opinion.

Yeah, it does make you wonder if the fanatics ever look inside and see themselves as playing the exact parts that they supposably resent. It's rather pathetic and mindless....

Here's the drawings, courstesy of Dbates.

Note: Any drawing that incites you towards violence and destruction, do the world and yourself a favor and check yourself into the nuthouse. You have a severe mental problem and prison time won't solve it.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
does anyone have any pictures of the comics in question? I wanna see what the big deal is about.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
lol be funny if riots went out over Iran's cartoons quick holy war mow em down riot burn flags an embassies quick quick LOL launch the nukes quick cant let em get away with that can we slaughter the infidels, omg Europe's going to riot an sail over in row boats to riot quick quick

LOL LOL LOL its so stupid its ridiculous tbh i think the Muslims have shown were they are population wise in the west an where trouble could erupt in the west lol the trap was sprung an they fell for it, seems to me we now know how stupid some Muslims can be even in the west.

all i got to say if the Muslims in WESTERN country's don't like it then its their problem not OURS they can kindly get back on boat or plane and go home to middle east if it upset them that much plz leave thank you, if you stay you insult your own beliefs.

ITS OUR COUNTRY IN THE WEST not yours MUSLIMS so PLZ live by OUR LAWS as your laws mean nothing to us in the WEST, we so kind to let you live in WEST and not in the middle east, KEEP IT UP and we will sure deport and block borders off to Muslims.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by blobby]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
So, a 'newspaper' in Iran makes a stupid campaign out of this and it suddenly becomes "Iran's" cartoon revenge?

I wonder how you view the Iranian authorities turning out their police to use tear gas to disperse the crowds rioting outside the embassy then?

On Monday evening a crowd of about 400 demonstrators bore down on the Danish embassy in Tehran, which Denmark had closed the day before.

They burned Danish flags and chanted "Death to Denmark".

The embassy gate and two trees caught fire, before Iranian police intervened, forcing the protesters back with tear gas.

At least nine protesters were hurt, police said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

- Don't worry about answering that one, it was rhetorical.

Sadly it seems 'they' (in the Islamic world) have their loonies working themselves up into a frenzy and they are mirrored by 'our' loonies who'd also love to work themselves into a frenzy over too.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Uhmm, relatively speaking, I would state, that there infact is a vital point being disregarded in this statement. Eventough the death-chanting fanatics is a minority. There should be no such thing, as a death-chanting minority!

Do You expect to see a majority of seculars and agnostics go into the streets and chant 'We ignore this'?

Why DO you think the death-chanting minority get so much media attention? The real minority is those who actually condemn their actions!
Those are the people media should focus on!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What I want to see are the cartoons made by Muslims to exaberate this stupid situation. Where is the cartoon with Mohammand with the pigs nose?

I think that these so-called leaders, Imans, are the disgrace.....they have perpetuated the anger by showing cartoons that were never made by the Danish but by these religious leaders themselves (people under their control)

I think we should just let them live as goat/camel herders as they don't offer the rest of world anything useful besides oil.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Here, Ferretman...

That cartoon was actually no cartoon, but fraud by local danish muslims. Notice my bottom picture in my signature, depicting Imam Abu Laban. With Evil-Bert in his background. HE is the source of instigating this debacle outside of Denmark!!

Here is the cartoon, in an equal relevant thread...
Denmark on Mohammeds naughty list

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Ulvetann]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2

Where is the cartoon with Mohammand with the pigs nose?

Here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thanks guys.......for an instant I thought the guy was a Washington Redskins (don't mean to offend!
) fan!

Another item which I haven't really found an answer to, if these where originally published in September '05, then why are muslims outraged now?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join