It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier shot by cop while on leave from Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Of course your not going to hear about it on the news, this is serious MOJO! Can any one say c o v e r u p, bury the incident before too many find out. Standard operating procedure, to protect their assets.

That cop was probably put on administrative leave to keep him alive, I know I would not think twice about putting him on ice, and know others wouldn't also.

I just hope the government prosecutes the guy and the department, for the family deserves that little. Heck they don't have to worry about him getting killed in the sandbox anymore, BS

Trigger happy bass turd ought to be send over to Iraq as his replacement, then put out front on IED duty.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Umm... chill with the cover-up theory, they showed the video on Fox News a couple of days ago, they even showed the shooting which I thought was a bit unusual as they don't normally show that part.

Also, keep in mind how many people get pulled over in the US each day by the police, thousands, perhaps hundred of thousands. You never hear about those, you only hear about the ones that turn for the worst.
So, don't let one tragic incident like this shape your view that all cops are out to get your, don't let emotion impair you judgment.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The thing is I knew about the incident because my husband told me, he got it first in the littler print outs that the military base do everyday about incidents related to military personal here and abroad.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Its hard to see anything on that picture, for all I could tell, the guy that got shot could've been pulling out a knife.

I doubt it, but its just so grainy...

Police State.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Umm... chill with the cover-up theory, they showed the video on Fox News a couple of days ago, they even showed the shooting which I thought was a bit unusual as they don't normally show that part.

Umm...Maybe you should watch the video a few more times. The cop said get up, the MP started to rise and was shot. For no reason. Tthe kid was apparently intoxicated and doing a fair amount of cursing but he plainly stated he was an MP. The deputy wasn't aware of the video camera and probably thought it would come down to his version of events versus the driver. I'm sure he thought the MP was dead and would be telling no tales.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Perhaps he did, however when I watched the video on TV I couldn't really tell. As for the rest of you post, well you're free to fantasize about whatever you want, I’m just reserving judgment. If video analysis proves that he indeed said get up then he should be tried to the full extent of the law.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I wonder how many of you have ever been victims of police brutality? When I was 15 a cop shoved a strw down my throat and tried to choke me with it. The same year, I was pistolwhipped and threatend with physical violence inside of a municipal building by men twice my size and three times my age. Both were cases of mistaken identity. I have witnessed many acts of violence from officers( mostly against minorities ) and Ican honestly say that to me the only good cop is a dead one.
Just because you have a badge doesn't give you the right to do what you want to whoever you want with impunity. Or maybe it does. Maybe I need to get on the force.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I saw the video on the news the day after it happened. The audio was very, very clear. A voice -either the deputy that did the shooting, or a second deputy who was presumably detaining the driver- said, "Ok. Get up."
The victim held up his left hand and said very clearly, "I'm going to get up."
The deputy fired three shots, then a voice off camera said, "What the *bleep*! You just told him to get up!"

The story ran like that all day long on MSNBC. The next day the media interviewed the driver and the wife of the victim.

And then they shut up about it for a while.

Now they're saying the video quality and sound isn't good enough? It was just fine on my 15 year old tv set that first day.

AND, what was the reason for the cops to try and pull over the car in the first place? A search of the driver, victim and car revealed... nothing.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I have witnessed many acts of violence from officers( mostly against minorities ) and Ican honestly say that to me the only good cop is a dead one.

That's just foolish thinking, should we hate an entire group of people because some of them do things which are illegal or inappropriate? Should I hate all blacks because I saw a group of them beat up some kid for no reason?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I have a lot of friends that share infrareds perspective. It is a matter of seeing abuses of power time and time again. I get frustrated hearing the stories of my black friends being harassed and "roughed up" only to be sent on their way with no charges.

While I dont agree that every cop should die...I do think most of them are crooks more suited for the jails than the people they abuse every day.

I live in a crime riddled city in Michigan and I see racist cops every day.

Power currupts, and my local police are a perfect example. I am treated completely different if I am stopped with a black or hispanic friend. The same goes when Mr. Officer has to stop by the apartment. It only took me a couple times being searched and embarassed to realize I was getting dicked when I was hanging out with certain friends.

I try to hold to the hope that there are still some cops out there to "protect and serve", but situations like these are making me lose hope.

How many minorities on this thread?
How many of you feel like you have been mistreated by police?
I am sure you dont need some white dude to tell everyone how it is.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
that was a very ignorant thing to say, i hope people dont take your posts seriously.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
How many minorities on this thread?
How many of you feel like you have been mistreated by police?
I am sure you dont need some white dude to tell everyone how it is.

I am half black and have lived in southern California for most of my life, here, police misconduct is more of an art form. The LAPD has always been known as being some of the most crooked cops in the nation. Even in the 50's and sixties they were known for taking certain gang members, beating their asses, then would drop them off in rival gangland territory.

I have personally been witness to, and subjected to racist BS from cops in many a different circumstance. I have been with a groupof white friends only to have my person, and my person only checked for contraband, and/or gang tats. On the opposite side of the coin, I have also been with a group of black friends, and while my friends were thrown up against a car, and randomly searched; the cops asked me about my russian flack pack, and we discussed the recent fall of the soviet union. That's just the minor stuff too, I could go on and on.

Sometimes I wonder, how many videos of people being beaten and killed by the cops is it going to take before white america realizes what these cops are up to? Then I realize, white america already knows, and they already know that it is behaviour such as this that keeps their nice white neighborhoods, well, nice and white. This will never change because no one wants it to.

To stay on subject I saw the video a couple of nights ago and the audio was pretty damn clear. That poor kid was shot for no reason whatsoever and as usual the apologists are busy making excuses.I agree that the only good cop is a dead cop, cops like the one in this video are the reason why most of the minority community feels this way, and always will.
[edit-grammar]

[edit on 8-2-2006 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Who are you speaking of Nightscape?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightscape
that was a very ignorant thing to say, i hope people dont take your posts seriously.

It was a bit on the harsh side, but he does have a valid point.

Many people are becoming afraid of the police and it is the police's fault. If you are not driving a fancy car and/or if you are a minority, all too often there is that godly attitude coming from the cops.

Ever heard of that 1% syndrome cops go through? They mess with the 1% of the community that is bad. After a few years, shallow thinking cops tend to think that everyone who isn't a cop is on the same level as those 1%. So they, as well as the cops that were little punks in their childhood days, become the bully and tread non-cops as lessers.

My son is going to cop, and I have been preaching to him almost everyday to not be like this. To keep the integrity that I have taught him and always do the RIGHT thing - even if it means other cops may hate him. I have told even down to the small things like telling a speeder to have a nice day as he completes the ticketing.

We know that cops get special treatment and many people are in jail for a few cops own crimes.

However, with this video, this cop cannot lie his way out and the other cops cannot lie for their own. This cop needs to be in jail like we would be if we were even suspected of shooting someone.

Not ALL cops need to die, maybe some do. I think MOST have done something in their carreers that is illegal and should have to go to jail like the rest of us.

And the cussing - man oh man they need to learn to rerspect the source of their pay.

Every decade that passes, they become more and more corrupt and more and more like cops in India for example. Some of my Indian friends here tell me of how the cops in India are all bribable, can do whatever they want - rape, beat and murder, and nothing is done to them. They can even make up a crime up to persuade you into offering a bribe.

Is this where our cops are going? If this cop doesn't do any jail time, then other cops will feel more secure in doing similar actions and us non-cops will NOT want to stop when they pull us over.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

Sometimes I wonder, how many videos of people being beaten and killed by the cops is it going to take before white america realizes what these cops are up to? Then I realize, white america already knows, and they already know that it is behaviour such as this that keeps their nice white neighborhoods, well, nice and white. This will never change because no one wants it to.

You know, every time I read something like that I am very disturbed.

I am white and everytime I hear of racist things from miorities (considering it was done with some intelligence) I become ashamed of my race.

More and more of my friends are becomming more and more non-whites. Of cource there are some minorities that do the same when they have the chance, but here in the US, it is still mostly whites doing such things to minorities.

However, you should know that this happens in ALL races around the world. It is my belief that if we were to get over the race issue on this planet, people would find something else to be prejudice about - hair color would be next, or IQ, or the neighborhood or the car you drive.

It must be human nature to find a reason for hate.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I too have been following this story; amazingly The Today show every morning has been re-running the video and looking into the story.

I am appalled by the sheer thuggery involved and the treatment of another human being. Is this the shape of things to come?

Gun crime is rife here on our streets and its no wonder when incidents like this happen. Nothing is being done to stamp this out, only fuelling the fire! I am surprised that there hasn't been more flak over this ( even rioting! ), I guess maybe due to the playing down of the said happening. Thank goodness the incident was filmed. How many other incidents go unreported?

Amazingly the guy that video taped the incident has been arrested for an outstanding warrant. Meanwhile the deputy involved is on paid police leave over a week after this happened. If I had gone out and shot someone and it had been videotaped, would I still be walking around and paid for it??? This is truly a situation that should go to the highest of high, or will it just be allowed to sink back and let "Joe Public" forget? Too much cover-up, too much corruption (oops... am I near the truth??)

So.... as a final note I bring to your attention the following, emphasis mine. A pillar of the local community, with help from Daddy...

MSNBC Article

Deputy Ivory J. Webb
Webb Sheriff's officials said Thursday that Webb, a former college football player at Iowa and the son of a respected former police chief in Compton, had spent more than 10 years with the department.

In 2001, Webb was one of several San Bernardino County deputies named in a federal civil lawsuit alleging the use of excessive force against an inmate at the West Valley Detention Center. The jury in that case ruled in favor of the deputies and cleared Webb, who had been accused of failing to stop a fellow deputy's misconduct.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Officer (Ivory Webb) is the son of a former Cheif of the Compton Police Department. The Officer is Black.

Compton Police was known for years as a crime riddled, abusive and disfunctional department, members of the Compton City Council were at one time charged with major crimes. From all this criminality emerged the shooter, Officer Webb. Link w/Pic

If the San Bernardino County Sheriffs Department fails to prosecute the Officer as a criminal then they should be considered no more than common terrorists. Carry heavy weapons when in San Bernardino County, prepare to fire first in self defense against these terrorists.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I saw that video just this morning on Good Morning America. It was the first I had heard of it. From reading you guy's postings, the sound quality and content of what the (I'm sorry, but.....) PIG said seems to have changed quite a bit. What I saw/heard this morning was that the cop supposedly said, "shut up", but the MP thought he said "get up" and was attempting to do so, when he was shot at point blank range 3 times for absolutely no reason.

This makes me so sick! I really am absolutely appalled and disgusted with not only this incident, but incidents like it happening all over the country! And all with the same result. A "Police Spokesperson" says that the shooting was "justified", and the cop goes of on his merry "paid administrative leave". Sickening. Absolutely sickening!

I'm starting to wonder just how safe it is to go out and be anywhere near a cop, just in case he is feeling in need of a paid vacation. Apparently, the way to get an easy and immediate paid vacation is to shoot to kill the nearest innocent citizen. I wonder if they get a longer one if they actually kill the person? Or does it just matter how many bullets they manage to put into a person?

I've always felt that our nation was going in the direction of becoming a Police State, but these goings on are giving the term a whole new dimention!

The street cops are NOT, or at least should not be in charge. Why hasn't someone in higher authority already done something about these atrocities long ago?

Do you know that not so long ago, in OKC, a cop was giving high speed chase to a guy on a stolen motorcycle. The cop lost control of his car and died in the accident he caused. Now, the guy on the stolen motorcycle is actually being charged with MURDER, for having "led" the cop who couldn't control his vehicle on that chase.

Unbelievable!

//ed to add//

So, for those of you who say that, "the only good cop is a dead cop" - you may want to think again about that. As apparently even in death, at least one of them has maintained his reign of terror. Just think of the boy who stole a motorcycle, but now may face the death penalty. Through no further actions of his own, but merely because of the reckless action the cop took upon himself afterward.

[edit on 2/8/2006 by CyberKat]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
My mom works as the dispatcher for my hometown police station. I am in close proximity to cops on a regular basis. Some are my neighbors, more than one I went to high school with. One was even a football team mate and a good friend. They are (mostly) good guys.

I have also been arrested (as a teen) and been physically threatened. I have had the book thrown at me by a cop for a minor offense when I could have just as easily been let off with a warning - all because I was a serviceman in a military town. So I have seen it both ways.

I believe that part of the problem is that we are raising a generation of spineless wonders. Young people today are afraid of their own shadow, can't do anything by themselves without assistance, and expect the worse in everything they find. They don't even ask questions or attempt to solve problems independentaly. There is a serious lack of intestinal fortitude. This is trickling down into our nation's police forces. We are seeing more and more officers afriad of every single suspect, and more likely to draw their weapon when faced with an unknown situation rather that trying to deal with it rationally. Its not a wonder more people aren't getting shot. Its sickening and wrong. Cops need to be strong - both physically and mentally, and must be able to deal with hostiles or unknowns without having to go to their guns.

And if that means sometimes certain people take a beating or get a little roughed up in the process (versus getting holes put in them by nervous nellies), than thats the price we should probably be paying. Bruises heal. But the litigious society we have developed have taken the blackjacks and billy clubs away from our officers, and they are now too afraid to put their hands on suspects. How pathetic is this??

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Here's the cop that shot the MP and here's the link thanks to 2stepsfromtop.

Source

Maybe he doesn't like Latinos.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join