It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier shot by cop while on leave from Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Did anyone just see what I saw on the TV? A cop shoots a soldier home on leave like a dog.

The soldier was sitting on the ground, the cop tells him to get up, he says ok, and while he is getting up, the cop shoots him. It is all on video - was just on TV. The cop is on paid administrative leave instead of BEING IN JAIL!!!!

I can't find a news source on this yet, but I am still looking.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The police in this country are out of control.

Remember not too long ago the Marine who died as a result of being repeatedly tazed? He too was home on leave, visiting his wife and child (IIRC). The cop couldn't read the adress I guess, because he was looking for a different house.

Tragic situations, most of which could be prevented by adequately training LEO's.

Could it have been an accidental discharge?

Was the soldier drunk or otherwise intoxicated or something, to be sitting on the ground?

Just curious what the backstory is, I'm not trying to demonize the soldier who got shot, or the cop who shot him (assuming this actually happened). I haven't seen any news about it yet, so I don't know. What state did it take place in, do u know?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Here's a link to the story:
Daily Bulletin

Roberto Garcia, a friend of the man who filmed the incident, said he didn't see the shooting, but viewed a copy of the video. Garcia was inside the home in the 5500 block of Francis Avenue while his friend stood outside filming.

"The guy laid down on the ground and was arguing with police and the police told him to get up," Garcia said. "When he got up that's when he shot him."

Garcia also said the video showed a deputy kicking the man while he was on the ground.

[edit: BBcode]

[edit on 2/7/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well, the soldier in question here is a USAF MP, he was on the ground telling the Police Officer that he was a military MP. The Police Officer is standing over him with his gun pointed at the soldier. Now while it sounds like he said “Get up”, its not that clear, he could have said “Don't get up”. That's what investigator are trying to determine. Needless to say when the soldier attempted to stand up the officer who was 3 feet away felt the need to shoot him 3 times instead of overpowering him in some other way. The FBI is now involved because US soldiers are Federal government property.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I am still looking for the video of this on the web. If everyone were to see what I saw on TV this morning, you can hear clearly the officer saying "Get up!" and the military guy saying "OK, I'm getting up. Then as he is getting up, he is shot.

Thankfully, there is no riot.

I got to find a web version of that video.......

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This thread:
www.belowtopsecret.com...'
has links to the video. If you can't find it, try searching KTLA (tv) archives.

It's outrageous.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
I got to find a web version of that video.......

Her's the video godservant. Video

I just watched and although the Air Force MP was intoxicated and confrontational he is not at fault for the shooting. The deputy ordered him to get up and as he was complying the deputy shot him three times. The deputy should be held accountable for this attempted murder.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Unbelievable.

Qui custodiet ipsos custodes? I thought the police were supposed to protect and serve... after these last few years, I feel like I need a concealed carry to protect myself from the police.

I wonder how many more innocent people have to be victimized like this before somebody with authority over law enforcement decides something should be done... and I wonder why that number isn't zero.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I find it really funny that I started this thread about a week ago and the mods moved it to BTS where it has died. I also thought it was a good topic.

View mine here...www.belowtopsecret.com...

Thanks again Mods!

[edit on 7-2-2006 by DaFunk13]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
I find it really funny that I started this thread about a week ago and the mods moved it to BTS where it has died. I also thought it was a good topic.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by DaFunk13]

That is odd. I didn't know it happened that long ago.

So it happened that long ago and this cop is still not in jail?? And getting paid? This seems to be a VERY big deal - is lady Justice on vacation??

That is even more odd.

Would be nice if we could have the option of seeing both BTS and ATS in one screen in the 'Newest Posts'.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

is lady Justice on vacation??

Nope. She's being held hostage in a Texas hotel room, bound and gagged and totally compliant. Her execution will probably be telecasted by Al-Jazeera and blamed on radical Muslims.

It's not funny, but sometimes you just have to laugh anyway.

A cop shoots a law-abiding soldier, and he gets extra vacation time while the matter is resolved. Utter crap. The guy should have immediately been put on unpaid leave pending an investigation, given the circumstances of the shooting.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
No doubt it was wrong, in fact it was wrong for the sheriff to tell him to get up in front, you suppose to tell him to lay down cross his legs and hands on his back and cuff him. This sheriff is either a noob and jittery or extremely mad that he had to go chase the car and wants revenge for that.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I which they should get the police man and make him finish the duty in Iraq that now the soldier will never be able to finsih.

Like that he will be the one dodging bullets and see how he feels about it.

After all it seems that he is very good when it comes to shooting others, he will have not problem fighting in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I saw that on TV.

The cop clearly says, "get up," and the guy has his hands out and is trying to get up. Then, the pig just unloads on him. But hey, that's how you support the troops, right?

These pigs are outta control.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have been reading on this many times today. It looks like the deputy will not go to jail. The investigators are saying that the deputy just made a mistake and that he thought he was in danger.

I have been pushed around by cops when I was innocent a couple times in the past, and after seeing this, I want to speed away rather than get pulled over.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
I have been pushed around by cops when I was innocent a couple times in the past, and after seeing this, I want to speed away rather than get pulled over.

Don't do it. You see what happens when you challenge authority. Some people are just looking for an excuse to hurt others.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The PIG should be fired. If it was an honest mistake, then he at least proved he is not in control of his emotions enough to perform his job. I can understand being shaken after a high speed chase, but the man was obviously not a threat. Definately not threatening enough to justify shooting the guy.

I just left the thread about the cartoon induced riots...I think this is more justification to riot than some cartoon. Funny how the world works, huh?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I was just reading the other day about the release of one of the cops from the Abner Louima case a bunch of years ago in NY. The guy who held Louima down while someone anally raped him with a plunger, he's now a free man.

Cops have all together too much power, too much protection from the law they're supposed to enforce, and too much contempt for the people they're supposed to protect.

Some cops are great guys, usually the ones who haven't been working long enough to become jaded and hateful. Many of them aren't fit for work in a fast food joint, nevermind in law enforcement. It's a real shame how big and unwieldy the security apparatus in this country has grown.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hello Friends:

Hmmm... I'm usually very atentive about stuff like
this. I have not seen anything on CNN or any other
news channel.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Im with warrior, first i have heard of this and i normaly keep up to date with american news via Good morning america with katie

This is horrific, if i was in america i would be more scared of the cops than the criminals. But then again the police are just the thugs of the government. I have watched plenty of episodes of cops befor, and recently i saw a episode of cops:resisting arrest. I was amazed by the amount of force the american police use, and was thinking "geez and this is what they do with the camera on them" im sure worse things happen all the time that are never caught on tape.

I know cops in america have to be careful becuase its legal for anyone to own a gun, but still shooting people because it is asumed they can cause danger is wrong. If i get into a pub brawl, should i shoot the bloke? Dont think so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join