It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you think of China?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I like most everything about China: the people, the traditional culture (not the new dollar worshipping), the food and the clothes. The cheongsam is probably the most perfect dress of all time. I own three.

I don't like the the lack of religious freedoms and the censorship of information.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well, the answer is simple: Most educated Chinese can read english so it is not difficult for them to find some other opinions or "TRUTH" about the same thing from different western media like CNN, CBC, TIMEs.

Also as the internet in China becomes more and more popular ( 120 million active internet users in China at the end of 2005), it is impossible to block or sensor all information.(That is why I always get spam mail in my mail box)

However, on the contrary, I guess 99.9% western people in this forum can't read Chinse at all. So it is very clear that who will know whom better.

If you can read Chinese I will recommend you hundreds of Chinese websites about economy, military and policy, usually there will be 100 thounsand concurrent online users posting millions of articles every day on each website.
Below is a sub-Forum of a Chinese website, click the tab on the left side and you will know how many boards does this forum have.
bbs7.news.163.com...//bbs7.news.163.com/board/rep.jsp%3Fb%3Dhelp%26i%3D41393

From the post on those websites, I can say most Chinese people have the same idea as yours: They like US moive, US people but they don't like US government. They believe the only to get rid of the influence of US is to build China to be one of the most powerful countries in the world, not only in economy(clothing, automobile and hardware/software) but also in military( nuclear, space, submarine ).

As for me, I very respect US people and US company. They have Microsoft, Intel, AMD, SUN, P&G...Actually as a Chinese I kinda have jealousy about the human resource of US, so many genius from all over the world, including some smartest Chinese students/immigrants are working for US^_^

Btw, i m not sure whether you are from US. Usually in Chinese's words, US also refer to other western countries. We call it "Europe-US" countries.(欧美国家)

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by zhangxi0183

your expression prove one thing:Media influence people a lot,until they touch the truth by themselves.I'm not talking about who is lieer.I'm talking about each part has it's own position and point of view.

PS:Chinese government give up the communist long long ago.now they are more deal with concrete matters relating to work

So, I'm curious. Where did you get all your information, if not from the chinese media, which is surely controlled by the chinese government? Or maybe I should be asking how you were able to overcome that and find the "truth"?

Perhaps china is no longer "communist" in the classic marxist-leninist model. Sometimes we still use the communist label to describe a regime that oppressively and brutally controls it's people down to the small details of their lives.

I would welcome china becoming a country that wants to join rest of the world - on a level playing field.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by google_abcd

Btw, i m not sure whether you are from US. Usually in Chinese's words, US also refer to other western countries. We call it "Europe-US" countries.(欧美国家)

LOL - I guess this is the chinese version of "they all look alike"?

Interesting assertions, otherwise.

[edit on 2/8/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
The Three Tasters shows three men tasting vinegar. The first, Buddha, has a sour look on his face. The second, Confucious, also has a sour look. The third is Lao-Tzu, who is smiling.

It is a metaphor for the three sage's outlook on life. Buddha and Confucious are so busy seeing the negative that they forget it is THE WAY.
Lao-Tzu sees things cannot be changed, so Taoism teaches to just roll with it.

Hope this helps, I am not a scholar in the subject by any means.

yeah,I know!!!thanks

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Well, the answer is simple: Most educated Chinese can read english so it is not difficult for them to find some other opinions or "TRUTH" about the same thing from different western media like CNN, CBC, TIMEs.

Also as the internet in China becomes more and more popular ( 120 million active internet users in China at the end of 2005), it is impossible to block or sensor all information.(That is why I always get spam mail in my mail box)

However, on the contrary, I guess 99.9% western people in this forum can't read Chinse at all. So it is very clear that who will know whom better.

If you can read Chinese I will recommend you hundreds of Chinese websites about economy, military and policy, usually there will be 100 thounsand concurrent online users posting millions of articles every day on each website.
Below is a sub-Forum of a Chinese website, click the tab on the left side and you will know how many boards does this forum have.
bbs7.news.163.com...//bbs7.news.163.com/board/rep.jsp%3Fb%3Dhelp%26i%3D41393

From the post on those websites, I can say most Chinese people have the same idea as yours: They like US moive, US people but they don't like US government. They believe the only to get rid of the influence of US is to build China to be one of the most powerful countries in the world, not only in economy(clothing, automobile and hardware/software) but also in military( nuclear, space, submarine ).

As for me, I very respect US people and US company. They have Microsoft, Intel, AMD, SUN, P&G...Actually as a Chinese I kinda have jealousy about the human resource of US, so many genius from all over the world, including some smartest Chinese students/immigrants are working for US^_^

good expression,that what i want to say!

And not only the Europe-US media we can learn from,but also Taiwan Midia which mostly anti-CPC...etc.So i can learn from different source and make the judgement in extension.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
and it is 14:48 PM in China. so is that 01:18 AM in US???

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Minus 13 hours from China time is US East Coastr time...

www.timeanddate.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

Minus 13 hours from China time is US East Coastr time...

www.timeanddate.com...

I see,thanks!

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yeah~Atcually it is quite hard for Chinese people to distinguish US people from Canadian, just like you are not able to distinguish Chinese from Korean...Unless all of us wear our traditional dressing.
Btw, is it impolite to call US people "yankee"?

Originally posted by centurion1211

LOL - I guess this is the chinese version of "they all look alike"?

Interesting assertions, otherwise.

[edit on 2/8/2006 by centurion1211]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join