It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Say to Europe: Hurry Up and Apologize

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think this is all part of a plan to put the stop to freedom of the press by Muslums in the EU.

This cartoon was planted to see just how far the Muslum sheepel would go.

Now with the burning and trashing of buildings and the protesting of the Muslum masses and with death treats, they are demanding the removal and the prevention of this type of anti-muslum propaganda in the free press.

Be carefull of what you wish for !

And in turn the EU will monitor the press and they will surpress any type of news coverage they find offensive or anti state.

Now when the Muslum press or religious leaders produces a anti-state or anti-government topic, the local government will come in and ban the muslum article because it's offensive to other religons.

Like I stated, this is a plan to defeat Islamic freedom of the press in the EU, mostly to hush the pro muslum ranting in the EU.

Just another battle on the war on terror.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Donttreadonme , I reckon you were right to remove the one liner by curio ,If I think about it, it was a little bit unneccessary, being as though it didn't really contribute.

But nor does large sections of fearallahs sickening rant at the beggining of this topic even if he is not really a Muslim as some have suggested , Honestly there are quite a few threads about theese topics going.
I can see that its fine line that you have to tread (pardon the pun) to uphold the rules here vs letting members express there views on as you say is an emotive topic.I for one woudn't be able to do it .

[edit on 7-2-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

This is not a war between the east and west, or between Islam and Judaism or Christianity. It is a war between peace and chaos.

Chaos is not the enemy. Law, the theistic totalitarianism of Islam, is the enemy.

I look forward to the day when no human is forced to live under the iron rule of Allah, when the words of Mohammed are forgotten and his people freed from the fetters of their faith.

If you are a Muslim and this offends you, please let me know; I have deleted some half a page of invective from this post prior to hitting 'post reply', but I will happily type it out again.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
They are holding Peace hostage and demanding our Freedom of Speech in exchange for it. Do not be tempted to make a compromise!

Well said...

However, I fear some have long ago compromised any true notion of free speech in the name of political correctness and security...even though there is ample foaming at the mouth on both sides...

[edit on 7-2-2006 by loam]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Fear Allah isn't a Muslim.

The term, Subhanahu wa ta'ala [SWT] is used for Allah, "praised and exalted is He (Allah)." is in fact how it translates. It's not used for the Prophet Mohammed, the term used for the Prophet Mohammed is in fact sallalahu aleyhi wasallam [SAW] and translates as Peace be upon him.

You guys have been played and many of you have just shown your true colours, let alone do you not understand Islam you have the guts to directly attack it and insult members of its faith. No wonder we are stuck in the situation we are in right now...it is disgusting to see this happen on any part of ATS and hope all of you that just insinuated that Muslim's are all fanatics due to this really begin to question your true motives.

What a joke...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Ok where are the mods on this... that post by fear allah is the most hateful, racist, barabric crap I ever head.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by XphilesPhan]

I agree...BUT it just shows what a bunch of ranting indiots they are.
They say they are not, but that post speaks a million words.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
b777pilot, you might desire to read my post above. How nice of you to tie in all Muslim's and brandish them with the brush of a non-member of their faith.

You might as well attack gay people, on the acts of what Neo-Nazi's do.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fear allah
Islam is religion of peace
Islam is the best religion, the most peaceful and the guide to humans to live a perfect life.
There’s no radical.moderate, extremist or different types of Muslims like you say. All Muslims are equal and should follow the Prophets Muhammad (swt) way of life.....

Muslims who agree with your way of life or have converted or agree to your ideas are called munafiqs.They are Muslims from outside but they are exactly like you kafirs (unbelievers) from inside.

Waging wars on us will not do you any good, it will eventually lead us to open our eyes and when Islam rises than nothing can stand in its path. What you see in protests and guerrilla warfare is nothing, just wait when khilafah forms (Muslims state).You will see death when you see the black jihad flag.
Think about what I said; don’t start making extreme judgments about me, I am just normal Muslim who lives a normal life. Try to read about Islam and its history and you will start to know why our religion is so peaceful and and spreading at the fastest rate.

Thanks for clearing that up fear allah.
I for one feel much safer knowing that you are just a normal Muslim following your religion of peace.

I could not have made my point better than you did.

Wow.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Things are really starting to heat up over this cartoon, this russian says the cartoon was a plant to piss off the european muslum population prior to the US/Iran conflict.

I think it worked.

Senior Russian parliamentary official and leader of the ultranationalist Liberal Democratic Vladimir Zhirinovsky believes that a US attack on Iran is inevitable, he has told Ekho Moskvy radio station.

"quote"

"the publication of Prophet Muhammad cartoons in the European press was a planned action by the U.S. whose aim is “to provoke a row between Europe and the Islamic world"

www.mosnews.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
pavil, read Odium's post above. Fearallah is not a Muslim, but posted as some sort of disinformation campaign.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Look at the bigots come out and play, well done Pavil join the club.

Why not try and deny Ignorance on this website?

You fell into a trap, played by this guy. Well done.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I was already in post mode before I saw O's remark.

I would hope that is the case. The joys of being a screen name on the internet.

However it seems that we only hear the extreme points of view from Islam lately. Where is the voice of moderation, it is getting drowned out by the radical voices.

Thanks for the personal jibe btw.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by pavil]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
No, you don't.

Odd, how I do.

Therefore, we request the Iranian government and the spiritual leadership of Iran to use their influence and ask the Iranian newspaper not to publish cartoons against Holocaust. Muslims must not do the same what European newspapers did to Muslims. We must rise higher in our conduct. We urge the worldwide Muslim communities to stop violent protests. Violence is against Islam and the teachings of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Violence will hurt Muslims only. We must protest against the Danish cartoons but without violence.

One quote, out of millions I have. That was sent to be by M.A.T. [Muslim's Against Terrorism], in fact, I have even bothered to interview the founder of M.A.T. for ATS and to give the moderate view. It is you who is not looking.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The only people apologizing should be those who are reacting with violence.

Every single human in existence has the inherent right to freedom of expression, no matter what the laws in their country may tell them, and no one should have to apologize for using that right, no matter how offensive the result may be to someone.

To people who believe it's a sin to have an image of Mohammed or are otherwise offended by these images: Don't look at them and don't keep a copy of them. You don't have to pay attention to them yourself. That is the extent of your ability to stop the distribution of them.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I was not talking about just this event in particular, rather in general.

To say that Radicalization in some parts of the M.E. is not taking place is tenuous at best. While there are voices of moderation, I still contend that they are out shouted by the more radical groups out there. In the end it is the loudest who ends up being heard. The voices of moderation are not loud enough IMO.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

You guys have been played and many of you have just shown your true colours, let alone do you not understand Islam you have the guts to directly attack it and insult members of its faith. No wonder we are stuck in the situation we are in right now...it is disgusting to see this happen on any part of ATS and hope all of you that just insinuated that Muslim's are all fanatics due to this really begin to question your true motives.

What a joke...

Aren't we the holiest of the bunch...

Don't worry too much. I detest every faith almost as much as I do Islam... all they encourage is rejection of the things that make us human, and I'm not willing to trade my humanity so I can garner the acceptance of the obsequious twits that follow any mainstream religion.

Fear Allah's post is highly reminiscient of the sort of things we've seen coming out of the middle east, of late. The fact that he was an impostor doesn't change that. I don't know how it looks from the perspective of an idealist, but from over here things like the burning of the Danish embassy and the widespread calls for the murder of cartoonists look like hostility.

Ignoring hostility won't make it go away. If you must remain such a staunch apologist of the Muslim nations' right to cause massive property damage and call for lynchings, at least respect the right of the citizens of Europe and America to express their anger at these actions.

I am no supporter of the war on terrorism. I am dissatisfied with almost every aspect of the Western world in its present state. But I'm not going to watch a group of people of any size act the way these Muslim zealots are doing and pretend it doesn't piss me off.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Why are they not loud enough?

Why is it only the terrorist groups get their messages on mainstream T.V. and Press? I have hundreds of messages by moderate muslims, per-message by someone like Bin Laden. However, it is he who they promote and it is that agenda.

Think about why they are doing that.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
In the end it is the loudest who ends up being heard.

Like Pat Robertson? Jerry Falwell? George Bush? Jim Bakker?

Do you want Christianity judged by these loud mouths?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think it's about time the producers of the Dutch cartoons did apologise, not necessarilly for the production of the cartoons, but for the fact that some muslims took offence and admit they wern't created to inspire racial hatred.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
A statement that they were not intended to promote racial hatred could be acceptable, if they wanted to say it, but there's no need to apologize even so. More of a clarification thing. Though, they don't need to do that if they don't want to.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join