It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Say to Europe: Hurry Up and Apologize

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

Apologize for nothing. After reading fear allah's post, I can only say that what the West has stated about Muslims must be correct in that they are attempting to conquer the world and kill every westerner there is. I got nothing but hate out of that post, but no fear. Is Islam truly a 2 faced relgion?

You can burn an effigy of bush or blair or whoever you like, You can chant "Death to America" and "Death to the Jews". Bottom line is, it was a cartoon. Plain and simple. Where, anywhere, does it state that a newspaper cannot make parody? Last time I checked, there was no reason to consult the Koran for a political cartoon.

Now, if a Muslim was caught drawing these things, then use the Law of Islam to deal with them and hang him in the town square. This shows the mentality of those who are protesting.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I’m going to sum this up in two words, DON'T APOLOGIZE!!!

We in the West have fought too damned hard so that we would not be ruled by religious fanatics who would burn you at the stake for suggesting anything intelligent or “offensive”. Now, I am not about to let people with a Dark Age mentality take that away form me. Freedom of speech, expression, and press are my religion.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fear allah
When someone makes fun of our prophet (swt) than it totally outrages us because he is so important to us that we are ready to die for him, that’s how much we respect and love him.

That is akin to blood sacrifice.. isn't that idol worship? Aren't muslims only alloud to worship Allah? Please clarify.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by riley]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
origionally posted by CLOWNFACE

Can Anyone please explain why Denmark has to apologise as a country for something that a free and independant newpaper has done? I don't quite get the connection of guilt there.. Don't they know that the press is not under the control of our governments?

I am in complete and utter agreement with you. Maybe as a "westerner" I cannot be expected to "get it". Apparently my values just don't run as down and dirty as others in other parts of the world.

On another note, has there been any rioting and such in the US? I have not seen any news that says there has been.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
No rioting in the US so far. Because I betcha all the people living in the US know that if you try to violently protest against a stupid thing such as a cartoon, you won't only be dealing with the cops, but also the people of the US who will not stand for this childness.
When the rioting have started in the US, lets just say the US will not take it.
Islam is no longer a religion of peace. It is now a religion of violence over stupidity.
All this stuff going on right now, is a wake up call to anyone that see that the religion of Islam should triumph. because if it does, well my freind we are screwed.
I like this nation of Freedom, it means I can make fun of anyone or anything I like. I like being able to choose where to eat, to sleep, heck even to choose who to sleep with. I also forgot one thing I like about the west, THE FREEDOM TO CHOOSE YOUR OWN RELIGION.
If Islam triumphed, we would not have that freedom.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
ACEWOMBAT I couldn't agree with your more.

I live in the UK, I am very happy to live in a multi-cultural society and just want to live a peaceful life with my family. I deliberately take my children to events where they will met people from different races, faiths, backgrounds ect.., I don't wish for people to be like me, I value the differences in everybody, the important thing is that we are considerate of other peoples ways and we respect that.

We are all being used as puppets, played off each other.

There are some horrendous wrongs in this world, we should work together to stop them, not fall apart at the seems regarding our differences.

Remember our differences are what make us special.

The task to unite us is very complicated, but not impossible, take baby steps towards it, live a life which harms as few beings as possible.

There will always be extremists, but remeber for every extremist there are thousands who just want to live in harmony together.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Heh, if it werent for the fact that Netchicken started this thread I would say its a quest for points, but Fear Allah is just out to stir crap up for no apparant reason. There is no logical thinking in talking of jihad and death then saying that Islam is a peaceful religion, its just baiting the rest of us on with what the poster knows very well will get under our skin and apparantly its worked quite well. What a wonderful pseudo-ambassador of Islam the poster is, and people wonder how Anti-Islamic rants start here on ATS...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I didn't think there was any rioting in the US over this assinine issue.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but a cartoon is NOTHING to be pissed over. Physical violence to yourself or loved one, yeah, get mad.
House burns down by a kid up the street, yeah, get really mad.
Cartoon laughing at your religion, come on now. Write a letter to the editor or something. Don't bomb the whole COUNTRY!

What kind of hate inspiring religion is islam, anyway?

The way of the light will set you free. Peace, acceptance.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by fear allah
I protested in London outside the Denmark embassy!
You people are trying to say why protest against some cartoons making fun of Prophet Muhammad (swt), it’s not a big deal.

Islam is religion of peace...blah...blah

*removed off-topic, unnecessary one-liner*
Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
fearallah is not a muslim

That is just some rhetoric to further the spread of propaganda of extremist muslims. Not only are the contradictories outstanding, but the phrase he kept using (swt) is supposed to be used in reference to Allah, not to the Prophet Muhammad, which uses others such as (saaw) or (pbuh).

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
fear Allah and his peaceful religion!

Now somehow that just does not sound right. Why should we fear something that is so dang peaceful? Maybe it's like the hippies of the 60's and thier 'Flower Power!' Now we have the mussies and their 'Powder Power!' In the sixites the flower children had beards, wore , scarves, tye dye shirts and preached peace and love. The mussies have beards, wear scarves, explosive belts and preach love of death and thier peace or your death. Hippies protested war and death. Mussies protest cartoons and cause more death. Hippies got together in crowds and had 'love ins', mussies join crowds, blow themselves up and have 'Jihads!' Hippies gave us the peace symbol and Woodstock. Mussies give us 'suicide bombers' and would have blown up Woodstock. But let us remember as it was told to us by a 'Normal Muslem, living a normal live' that Islam is a peaceful
religion and muslems are a misunderstood, peaceful people that only want world domination so that the world can live in peace as muslems, whether we want to or not. Think of what a happy place this will be when we are all muslem be you Sunni or Shi' !......................no wait a minute aren't Sunni and Shi' killing each other with their idea of peace?
Humm,
Think I rather be a Danish cartoonist! Call it the last great act of defiance

[edit on 7-2-2006 by WHOFLUNGGUM]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
On a serious note I heard my little nephew the other day ask my brother why muslims want to kill him , he was terified, and my brother didn't have an answer for him,for a 6 year old lad to be scared that muslims are going to kill him in his own home and in his own country and the country of his ansestors, is very, very sad I feel nothing for Muslims any more other than pity.

BTW to fear Allaah I just heard on the radio that the famous protestor that was pictured dressed like a suicide bomber has had to go back to prison , for why? hes a drug dealer but he was probably a very devout dealer so dont worry

*removed Curio's one-liner, see above and reply*

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This idiot sort of gives the lie to the phrase Islam is a religion of peace, doesn't he.

In my posts yesterday, I called only for the realization the not all Muslims are foaming at the mouth microcephalic idiots like Fear Allah. Boy this sort of stuff makes it very hard to do so.

I've seen two year olds in the candy aisle with more maturity. It'd be sad really, if it weren't so dangerous.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by seagull]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Fear Allah
Islam is religion of peace
When someone makes fun of our prophet (swt) than it totally outrages us because he is so important to us that we are ready to die for him, that’s how much we respect and love him. Our blood boils when someone tries to make fun out of our prophet (swt)

Is your faith so shallow that you cannot turn the other cheek?
You portray yourself no more a Moslem by anything other than a label, and in turn fan the very flames of hatred and ignorance you seek to extinguish.

Inshallah, may you see the error of your ways and direct all the anger in your soul to working toward a greater good for community and society.
I am no Moslem, but I follow a path of peace, tolerance and respect for all, I do not fear criticism or ridicule for my beliefs but seek to understand, educate and enlighten those who do...I shall meditate for you...Peace be upon you

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Screw appologizing, we would basically be giving into their rules and not living by our own, and I saw on the news last night a cleric speaking in Damascus saying that they will not accept an appology because it would be like accepting defeat. We dont live under their laws, abide by their religeous rules, so no, I say screw it. These folks need to remember they are not living in a predominately Islamic society and that we have to live by their rules, its the other way around. They want an appology, I say with big angry capital letters SCREW THAT!!!!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
fearallah is not a muslim

I wish everyone would read this, and really get it, but it's probably too late. Fear Allah has apparently hitch-hiked the Muslim religion, using it as his/her plate of armour to defend the unconscionable actions of the radicals.

Don't be mislead into applying this attitude to all Muslims! There ARE different types of Muslims, just as there are different types of people in every religion, race and station.

Use your critical, skeptical, open ATS minds to discern whether or not Fear Allah is being truthful about the entire religion of Islam. Don't be fooled. That's the trap. Don't fall in!

On subject, to apologize would be the same as giving in to terrorists demands or making a deal with hostage-takers. They are holding Peace hostage and demanding our Freedom of Speech in exchange for it. Do not be tempted to make a compromise!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Quote: from Harvestfreak

I like this nation of Freedom, it means I can make fun of anyone or anything I like. I like being able to choose where to eat, to sleep, heck even to choose who to sleep with. I also forgot one thing I like about the west, THE FREEDOM TO CHOOSE YOUR OWN RELIGION.
If Islam triumphed, we would not have that freedom.

end quote

I have to agree with the above.

I believe it is too late to apologize.....the damage is already done.

However, I don't see why an apology is needed anyway.....

Faeryland

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Faeryland]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

This is not a war between the east and west, or between Islam and Judaism or Christianity. It is a war between peace and chaos.

More and more, those are becoming the same things.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think it's time for everyone to take a deep breath and count to ten before posting.

This cartoon episode is a VERY heated situation. I can see where IRL it is causing such destructive behavior. I can see how it is causing members to post their feelings.

Please think before you post. I think it is good to debate issues, but if we cannot do it respectfully, this thread will be closed.

edit for spacing

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Apologize to a bunch of hypocrites? No time soon. Europe, stick to your guns. I, as an american, agree with you; and call upon my own gov't to side with the defenders of free speech. Enough with theattempts to placate these people, they will not thank us, they will only percieve it as a sign of weakness, and call for more appeasement under the threat of more violence. We already know that that is coming, so why bother?

I've reached the end of my ability to hide from the fact that there is a chance in remotest hell that the moderate Muslims are going to take back their religion anytime soon. I know they are out there, but seriously, it is step up time NOW, not tommorrow. NOW!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join