It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to publish Holocaust cartoons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
IRAN'S largest selling newspaper announced today it was holding a contest on cartoons of the Holocaust in response to the publishing in European papers of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed.

www.news.com.au...

Looks like Iran is actually playing them at there own game insteed of threatning them with death.

Edit: good point admin I was thinking about that when i was typing it. I am like wait a min that isnt right!!!

[edit on 7-2-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Like this?

[edit on 7-2-2006 by HowardRoark]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Publishing Holocaust cartoons is playing the game with whom? Stop and think about it; it is merely a slap at the Jews, who aren't even a part of this BS.
It is merely a manner of inciting and provoking more hatred, as was redisplaying the old cartoons, while creating more to be even more provocative, as was Muslim leaders saying stupid things like, "Do not be provoked when the Nazis come and burn the Qur'an!", when there was no evidence that was going to happen.
More provocation, and you claim they are playing the game. Yup, it is a game, alright, and now they are trying to make another group play. Sad, and sad that the obvious is missed.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Im pretty much speachless, how does one respond to something like this, I mean this is some childish stuff right here,

How much ya wanna bet the Jews wont burn down buildings and riot like savages?

[edit on 7-2-2006 by C0le]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

He said the plan was to turn the tables on the assertion that newspapers can print offensive material in the name of freedom of expression.

"The Western papers printed these sacrilegious cartoons on the pretext of freedom of expression, so let's see if they mean what they say and also print these Holocaust cartoons," he said.

And if they don't?

No one told the newspapers in the islamic world to publish the cartoons, yet they did it anyway.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
lol.. Who cares? Seriously. If I was Jewish, and living in Israel, I still don't think I would really give a rat's behind.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is just another insult to Isreal and its people actually. Like Thomas Crowne said, the jews are not even part of this. Its like a game there playing. But a deadly one that will probally not have a winner or looser. I think tis situation is being made to creat hate from the people toward the other peoples in a way to motivate a war that the people will support in this region of the world. At least thats the only thing I can make of it that would actually help them.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Mad men are driving the world toward a bloody slaughter, fueling the hatred they created in the hearts of commoners, whipping them into a hypnotic ferver that will destroy their own wives and children, not the madmen that are driving us to the brink of insanity.

This insanity is spreading around the world; could this be the fever that breaks us before we break it?

This crap isn't amusing anymore.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
lol.. Who cares? Seriously. If I was Jewish, and living in Israel, I still don't think I would really give a rat's behind.

The provocation isn't going to incite the Jews; it is going to incite the Jew-haters to participate in the cartoon-drawing, and more. This is a newspaper-advertised sanctioning of violence against the Jews.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Publishing Holocaust cartoons is playing the game with whom? Stop and think about it; it is merely a slap at the Jews, who aren't even a part of this BS.
It is merely a manner of inciting and provoking more hatred, as was redisplaying the old cartoons, while creating more to be even more provocative, as was Muslim leaders saying stupid things like, "Do not be provoked when the Nazis come and burn the Qur'an!", when there was no evidence that was going to happen.
More provocation, and you claim they are playing the game. Yup, it is a game, alright, and now they are trying to make another group play. Sad, and sad that the obvious is missed.

I'm frankly stunned on the above. For the MUSLIMS absolutely everything is ultimately about the jews. Their oil and their hatred is all they have.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Maybe Iran is attacking Israel and the jews directly because Iran knows that the jews control america.

Originally quoted by Ariel Sharon

“Every time we do something, you [Shimon Peres] tell me America will do this and will do that... I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.”
-Knesset, Tel Aviv, October 3, 2001

[edit on 7-2-2006 by moonchild]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Mad men are driving the world toward a bloody slaughter, fueling the hatred they created in the hearts of commoners, whipping them into a hypnotic ferver that will destroy their own wives and children, not the madmen that are driving us to the brink of insanity.

That reminds me of this one quote that kind of resembles this time but also many times in the past that were the same thing happening as of today but the only difference is how information spreads and how we can blow the crap out of eachother.

"There will be an end to the beginning and men will know this by the spirit of the times. Men will no longer be as brothers, nor will they be manly. Women will be as men and men as women. Adultery will not be condemned, nor will fornication, therefore these will flourish. Men will not honour their homelands and there will be no discrimination among them, nor will they maintain the purity of their races. Fathers will not be honoured, nor mothers respected, and children will be raised to be wayward. Perversions will be encouraged and criminals will mock the law. There will be incest and rape and it will be unsafe to walk abroad. Strange sicknesses will smite the people and there will be a denial of God. Babes will be slain in the womb.

Men will lust after the wives of other men and marriage shall lose its meaning... Women will go to the marriage table unchaste and with deceit in their hearts. Their husbands, creatures of pity, will hear the mocking voices of laughing men. Priests will defile their altars with their impurity and the rulers will be held in little repute. It is not God who marks the end days, but men who lives as though setting a pitfall for himself." -Kolbrin (Book of Britian)

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   

“Every time we do something, you [Shimon Peres] tell me America will do this and will do that... I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.”

lol did he serrously say that? I can not recall ever reading that anywhere before? Link?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
How about a legitimate link to that quote, huh, moonchild?

While you are at it, would you like to explain this angle, and how it is an angle to the topic? Really, it looks like some kind of thread derailment. I see about 18 pages of why Israel does/doesn't control America because of this.
Actually, I can assure you that to do such a thing would be a bad thing, as I am adament about the whole anti-derailment crusade I am on.

Start another thread, and provide a good link to that quote. We'll go from there.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonchild
Maybe Iran is attacking Israel and the jews directly because Iran knows that the jews control america.

Its so funny how people confuse the Puppet and the Puppet master.

During the Gulf war when Saddam was hurling SCUDs at Israel they wanted to counter attack after a clear act of war. Israel getting into the war would have made trouble for the US and they told them not to get involved. And they took those SCUDs and didnt do a thing. That sounds like the actions of someone in control.

There been a bunch of times the U.S has acted against the Jewish State's

The puppet cannot survive without the puppet master but the puppet master can do fine without the Puppet. Without the US Israel would have been overun by the Arab nations long ago.

Israel serves a purpose in the regoin

But you have a old unverfied quote

[edit on 7-2-2006 by moonchild]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
but this is great, everybody stop fighting and make cartoons! exercize your freedom of speech! Surely you freedom loving people can appreciate some christian and jewish cartoons, no biggie

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonchild

This hoax originated with an October 3, 2001 press release from the pro-HAMAS group, the IAP (Islamic Association for Palestine).

IAP's alleged source, a report on Israel radio, is apparently fictional.

Kol Yisrael denied to CAMERA (Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America) that it had ever broadcast any such report.

The Kol Yisrael reporter assigned to cover the Israeli Cabinet [where the Sharon statement was alleged to have been made] denied Sharon had made the attributed comment

CAMERA: Fabricated Sharon Quote

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Thank you for clearing that up Riwka with a source to. See I knew it was something like that. Also the whole Jews controling America thing is like 40 years old back when Benjamin Freedman was around. It might of been fact back then but there all old and dieing now.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Yeah, the Jews don't control America. The NWO does

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Hey, the Iranians are just exercising their freedom of speech. Why is one taboo and the other isn't?

I think that's the point their trying to make with this announcment.

Although maybe a funny picture of the norse got of thunder surrounded by heaps of unsold danish dairy products would be more relevant!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join