It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The B-2 and F-117 (Alien Technology?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Needless to say that the geometrical requirements for minimizing the RCS established by "Echo 1" program had little place for considerations of aerodynamics. The resulting aircraft had the aerodynamics of a flying coffin[...]

www.aeronautics.ru...

That would be the Have Blue. How in god's name they got that pig to fly is beyond me.
If you ever watch the F-117 take off, the thing rolls FOREVER down the runway. It's insane to watch them get airborne.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I don't even know where to start.... ok how about with zaphod's comment about no german stealth aircraft. Try the Ho-229 gotha which used a primitive sort of sawdust charcoal and otherwise ram on it's leading edges?

as far as the B-2 f-117 being ET origin... get real people... even if they do use electrostatic propulsion helpers they are all terrestrial based. T. Townsend brown and the lifter phenomena combined with wing shape and the disporportionate amount of special access project onlly access to a number of classified dielectric materials tends to make one wonder.... But ET origin? Only if geeks are alien life forms.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
And there was the British Mosquito that was made out of wood. Doesn't mean that it WORKED as a stealth aircraft.

[edit on 2/7/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
no the mosquito is different zaph but I won't argue the point. bottom line is the gotha is owed immense credit for it's innovations and anyone who refuses to acknowledge it is just plain ethnocentric in their views. it has documentable ties to our own stealth programs.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'm not denying that it did. I'm saying that the first EFFECTIVE STEALTH DESIGN was the F-117, then the B-2.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Indeed but that's like saying fokker came up with the first real airplane because they claimed the first a2a kills.... while nearly accurate it's still a grievous misnomer.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
No it's not. That's like saying Fokker came up with the first FIGHTER. People can come up with designs that aren't effective, or don't work. If I come up with what I think is the greatest design ever, it won't make a bit of difference if it doesn't work, but if someone else comes up with something based on what I found out, it still doesn't make my design EFFECTIVE.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Apples, oranges, pears, a retarder gear and some avionics upgrades my friend. bottom line is we owe the gotha and a scant few russian mathematicians more for stealth than any home grown brain trust. The idea was sound even if the airframe was suspect. my point all along.... and in the long run my point being we are using world war2 tech to fight modern wars.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Just because a plane is a flying wing it is NOT a stealth. There is no evidence that the Germans EVER came up with a stealth plane.

Are you kidding me?
It's a well known fact.....
news.bbc.co.uk...

World's first stealth plane:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yeah, it's a well known fact that ARGUABLY it was the first stealth. That's far from saying it WAS the first stealth. I mean if SAWDUST was capable of stopping radar, then someone has become insanely rich selling the USAF a load of junk. If all it takes is sawdust in the wings, let's put it in everything in the USAF and have the entire force become stealthy.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Ok if they use Alien technology, what do they tell the Brit pilots when they fly them (F117 and b2) Do they cover up the buttons!

You will also find that the F117 is a bitch to fly, its basically a bad design for flying, but works for stealth. Go look up on some pilots comments, it wallows all over the place in the air.
So not exactly a revolution in flight.

What the military use now behind closed doors, may creep into your everyday life in around 40 years. Now the tech they gain from fallen angels, perhaps you may see it in a hundred years or so....who knows.

Its also a common theory that the B2 and the F117 are just fronts. An excuse to make a few billion of your us dollars dissappear into another BLACK project. I dont for 1 minute believe the amount of money it supposedly costs for each B2. And coupled with the fact that they went public with them so soon. It took 30-40 years for the Blackbird to be admitted.

So my guess is the B2 costa fraction of what it officially costs, the specs are classified because they arent that spectacular and the money went somewhere else......i mean how else do they pay the wages down at area 51 as officially it doesnt exist, so in turn no-body works there!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Didn't McDonell DOuglas or Lockhhed or one of the aircraft manufacturers build a giant flying wing bobmber during the 1950's?
And whatever happend to the F-19, it got great publicity in Tom Clancy's novel Red Storm Rising and I built a scale model of it when I was younger, but I've heard nothing about it since.
I thought it was the sweetest looking craft the US ever had.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Jack Northrop, the man that built the company that built the B-2 was flying them in 1939. He built a jet version in the late 1940s early 1950s, but it was cancelled and they were all destroyed.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
As far as the F-117 and the B-2 beign a by-product of alien technology, I don't think so. They're not all that far advanced from what we've been using since the 1970's.
And even many in the military will admit to having a F-117 shot down by a new Russian made SAM over Serbia.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Im a fourth year physics student, perhaps I can point you in the right direction regarding your radar absorption confusion.

Radar travels in waves, reflects back to the source once it hits a stationary or mobilized object. The type of material the radar is reflecting of off is important, humans can not be radard because our skin absorbs the waves and nothing bounces back.

Radar needs a very solid impermiable object to get a good reflection from.
The skin of the f-117 is kinda like a rubber eraser, its very soft and there for doesn't provide a good reflective surface for the radar.

Its very simple mathematics

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join