It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Codes in our DNA? The book "Supernatural".

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Yes, the visions (for lack of a better term) that are talked about in this book seem pretty scary. I'm not sure what to think of the book.

I do really enjoy Mr. Hancocks other books, right now I am reading "talisman"; it is really good so far...

-- Boat

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Question for someone with the 'out there' experience, and then the fixing using prescription medication.....possibly those in the know about anti-depressants and other chemical substance effect on the brain...

I've read accounts that people on any form of '___'.....(some on an everlasting ride) are prescriped anti-depressants...for whatever reason...people who have taken anti-depressants have sworn that it made the ride worse and more intense....

I did a bit of research myself on the matter, if anyone can back me up on it? Simple equation through sifting through all the stuff....

That '___' is used instead of dopamine..... anti-depressants enhance the use of dopamine (as well as balance of seratonin)....but if '___' is present in the system, the anti-depressant enhances the '___' usage instead of the natural dopamine.....which seems to backup peoples experience when prescribed anti-depressants after taking an '___' form of drug...that it makes the ride worse...

So perhaps a conspiracy on its own.......prescribed anti-depressant to someone trying to come down an '___' ride.....just makes it worse for them.

Any ideas/input?

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
does mescalin allow you to enter an alternative dimension that other psychadellics dont?

Mescalin the active ingredient in the peyote cactus does seem to take experimenters, myself included, to an alternate reality different than other psychedelics.

Peyote trips included interaction with different entities I never encountered with other chemicals. In fact Peyote and '___' are the only substances that
allowed any interaction with "the others" at all.

I never saw any "greys'" either

Dae

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom

What i am intersted in is the consitent agreement that the grey inhabit this alternative dimension...never on any of my trips ahve i ever met a grey....now i have never taken mescalin...but through acid, exstacy, mushrooms and combinations of those three i have been out THERE....but never met any greys. my questions is this......does mescalin allow you to enter an alternative dimension that other psychadellics dont?

Acid, mushrooms, extasy and the like are not the drugs for the "dimensional travelling". '___' is the ticket. Google it, fascinating stuff! I had the ticket once but only to the train station but still the station was pretty amazing. Someone mentioned that '___' is very very toxic, its not. If you have any heart problems, I wouldnt go near it, oh and dont mix '___' with anything else, the idea is the "trip". Anyway, Im loathe to write more as Im unsure about how much about drugs we can "chat" about. Feel free to u2u.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This has been corrected already, but its worth repeating: '___' is not significantly toxic, by virtue of its natural presence in our system. The compound is processed very efficiently and very quickly, hence the relatively short length of the experience (~30 minutes).

Ayahuasca is an ingenious sludge that incorporates harmala-containing plants to allow the ingestion and absorption of '___' (in the form of other plants) through the stomach, which normally eradicates the '___' before it becomes active. Without harmala (slightly psychedelic in its own right) the ingestion of '___' would yeild no results whatsoever.
Terence Mckenna referred to ayahuasca as a "dirty drug", meaning that there are too many junk compounds that cloud the pure '___' experience. If you want the pure experience (which is, I'm told, quite mind-blowing) either buy the '___' in its crystalized form or extract it yourself (which I am currently in the process of doing).
Comparatively, the ayahuasca experience can last for hours, though you simply will not experience the full power of '___', nor will you really be able to plum the depths of the so-called '___' dimension.

There exists no sufficient evidence that '___' is produced by the pineal gland. The idea was pioneered by Dr. Rick Strassman in his great book '___': The Spirit Molecule, but it was merely a hypothesis.

...all substances from alchohl on up DIRECTLY AFFECT YOUR GENETIC MAKEUP.

Incorrect.

As for the work of Graham Hancock, I've only read Fingerprints of the Gods. Fortunately, my local library stocks Supernatural, so you can be sure that I'll be checking it out by the end of the week.

This topic is rather well-timed, since only a few hours ago I watched two documentaries on DNA and the genome.
One followed Dr. Watson and discussed his opinions on genetic manipulation and its social repercussions, while the other documented the mapping of the genome.
The latter film, in its closing minutes, briefly discussed the seemingly inactive "stuff" (or "secret code") that composes more than 90% of our DNA. The scientist being interviewed (can't recall his name) stated that this "stuff" appeared roughly 1 billion years ago and has been selfishly replicating itself ever since, hence its predominance in our DNA. I haven't had time to properly research the accuracy of this evaluation, so my info may be out-dated.
I was disappointed that they barely touched on this startling information, though it seems there are few answers.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I don't want to break up a great discussion, but just a friendly reminder of what Nygdan stated before.

Originally posted by Nygdan
Just a note, if you or anyone else starts discussing using drugs, this thread will be closed and possibly trashed altogether, so lets stick to the topic.

Let's keep the thread focused on the book in question, and other-dimensional experiences, rather than "what I ingested to get there". Masqua also mentioned there's a UFO connection somewhere in the book content...

AboveTopSecret Terms And Conditions Of Use
2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

Cheers.

[edit on 2006-3-23 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
If you guys are interested in this, I have a thread running called tryptamines and god here that has alot of information. I haven't had a chance to read Supernatural but I've seen some, pretty interesting book by the looks of it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Going back to the original subject of junk DNA.

In the DNA molecule there are portions of "junk DNA" between active genes. These portions are usually comprised of a repeating sequence of nitrogenous bases such as ATCGATCGATCG. This junk DNA is place in between sections of of active, protein making sequences also known as genes.

The DNA molecule is in the shape of a double helix which in simple terms is a three dimensional spiral, or if you've ever been to taco bell, DNA is shaped like their cinnamon twists.

As previously mentioned in this thread most scientists have come to believe that these sections of junk DNA were used to create proteins that we have either evolved away from using or have been shut of by the cell. These sections of DNA are also used for genetic engineering.

Within some sections of junk DNA there are genetic palindromes which are sites where the two sets of nitrogenous bases in the DNA molecule are the same backwards as they are forwards. An example would be ACCGGT because when matched up would code with TGGCCA making ACCGGT.
TGGCCA
These palindromes are recognized by things called restriction enzymes. Restriction enzymes are enzymes usually created in bacteria that recognize these palindromes and cut the DNA strand at these points. These enzymes are usually used for defense against viral DNA.

I dont know if this information helped you at all.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
what kind are we talking about here? I mean, how do we know, has there been any proven evidence?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Just to answer a few of his questions with another 'alternate' view.

From the official webiste of the book:

www.grahamhancock.com...
In the depths of the Amazon rainforest tribal shamans drink a powerful hallucinogenic brew called Ayahuasca (“the vine of souls”) in order to induce visions. When they return to normal consciousness, after experiencing what they believe is out-of-body travel in the spirit world, they make paintings of the “intelligent beings” they have encountered. Why are many of these beings also depicted as uncanny hybrids with the heads of animals or serpents and the bodies of humans?

I think the first sentence answers the question....

And why do the shamans say that they have taught them everything they know about how to live in the jungle,

It's a religion, just like every other religion out there.

and about the medicinal value of rainforest plants?

After a few thousand years of trial and error.....their gonna find plants with medicinal value. The same goes on today, again...nothing new.

Why do Western lab volunteers, placed experimentally under the influence of hallucinogens such as '___', psilocybin, mescaline and '___', report visionary encounters with “beings” in the form of animal-human hybrids – beings identical to those the Amazonian shamans claim to meet and to those painted by our ancestors in the prehistoric caves?

Another hallucingen, no wonder these people see weird trash. People see what they expect to see, dancing clowns, little flying supermans, half animal-human hybrids, whatever.

What is the significance of the astonishing similarities between the entities known as “aliens”, ET’s” or “greys” in modern popular culture, the entities known as “fairies”, “elves” and “goblins” in the Middle Ages, and the entities that shamans in surviving tribal cultures know as “ghosts”, “gods” and “spirits”?

Because people are told stories and tales for generations, so when a new story comes up, it's gonna have ties and similarities to the previous ones.

Why have eminent scientists at the cutting edge of consciousness research, especially those who study the ways that hallucinogens work in the brain, recently begun to question long-established theories about the nature of reality?

Recently? This has been going on for 50,000 years, nothing new. And how about some examples and sources from actual scientist.

Why are some now even ready to consider the possibility, long ago embraced by shamans, that, far from being “false perceptions”, what we see in the strange imagery and experiences of hallucinations may be real perceptions of other “dimensions” and the beings inhabiting them?

Again people, take a look at the fine print, It's in bold.

Why did Nobel Prize-winner Francis Crick keep concealed until his death the astonishing circumstances under which he first “saw” the double-helix structure of DNA? And why did he become convinced that the DNA molecule did not evolve naturally upon this planet but was sent here in bacteria by an alien civilisation?

Wow. this guy covers it all, from aliens to other dimensions.....anyways, I think other post have already took away his credibility on the DNA thing, so I'm not gonna beat on that.

Alien civilisations huh....I thought he blamed hallucinations and other dimensions for the astonishing similarities between aliens, ET’s, greys, fairies, elves, goblins, ghosts, gods and spirits.

Why does the 97 per cent of DNA that scientists do not understand – so-called “junk DNA” – contain chemical “sequences” arranged in patterns and frequencies that are otherwise only found in the deep coding of all human languages?

Because we don't understand it....that's why. Just because we don't yet understand something that does not mean that there's a supernatural or "shaman" force at work. If that's the case then every we know was once supernatural and "shaman" or from other dimensions.

I believe in the supernatural, the after life, aliens, god...all that stuff. If I wanted to read about ghost and goblins I'd go buy a book on ghost and goblins, not a so called book on modern human evolution.

[edit on 25/3/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
GRAHAM HANCOCK TO TALK IN PEMBROKESHIRE MARCH 10TH 2011

freeminds

Tickets on sale now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join