It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skunkworks secret Airship Revealed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
when i first read the OP and went to click the pictures, i was hoping for something along the lines of the flying ships you see in the original super mario bros, you know - with the cannons everwhere and fans all around it supporting it's massive and blatant military size hahaha

i was a little let down to see it looks basically ( to me ) like four blimps fused together.. maybe it would at least be a good mobile strategic center to run operations from in the sky, or near the battle feild, or perhaps it would just be helpful in some circumstances to have a mobile strategy center?

interesting though nonetheless that this would be kept under wraps? why? huge blimps? who cares, why the secrecy for that? the logical conspiracy theorist in me screams - is there more to this than meets the eye?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ben Rich did mention hybrid airships in he's book "Skunk Works". Of course, he did only write that they could be very useful in civilian purposes... book was written in yearly 90's. So we can assume P-791 is perhaps build in 1980's and only now (first time 2006) really revealed.

You say that P-791's purpose is to hide similar black project? That could be true.

edit on 14-10-2010 by Alvar because: Spelling

edit on 14-10-2010 by Alvar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by robertfenix

You make a great point with it possibly being assembled in theater. That would be huge. Maybe even fit 2.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sugarlump

"Fuel strapped nation"!!!!
Now this has my attention. Would these be the future in a world with very limited oil supplies? Timing is interesting as this is a cancelled project they haven't stopped tinkering with.
Good thinking

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join