It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friedman vs. Lazar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
What is your take on Stanton Friedman and Bob Lazar.

I think Lazar is an idiot (by all means, the man is incredibly smart, but is a complete fake) and Friedman is the real deal.

I enjoy Friedman's interviews and all very much.

What is your opinion?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well Bob Lazar and Stan Friedman are 2 completely different people.

Lazar claims to have worked at Sector-4 and Friedman is a Ufologist of 20+ years.

I don't know what to believe as far as Lazar goes. Some of what he says is
in my opinion. For example the whole Element 115 thing, how he says he stole some and he said it wasn't radio active which it is.

But on the other hand, it would make sense for a guy to go on the news and say his name so that if they did kill him it would only prove that he had worked there. He has never changed his story which I find

I also contacted his company which he owns UNITED NUCLEAR and they told me he has his Los Alamos National Laboratory security clearance back after it was taken away. He meets with high level military personal from all over the world at a secure facility on his company grounds in the Sandia Mountains of New Mexico. He recieves grants from the U.S. Government for his research. So I don't really know what to think. Maybe he struck some kind of deal with the government where he doesn't really go on TV talking about S-4 and UFOs anymore in exchange they won't kill him and will even work with him again.

Stan Friedman I've known for about a year now. He's a really smart guy and a prime Ufologist. He doesn't except things first hand. He researches as much as he can before coming to a conclusion. His work on Roswell as well as the MJ-12 docs is astounding.

There, my ranting is over...

[edit on 6-2-2006 by meshuggah1324]

[edit on 6-2-2006 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
meshuggah I had heard the same thing re Lazar. Or maybe I read it. It was an interview with George Knapp and he still has contact with him on a regular basis. The thing that struck me was Knapp said Lazar had no desire to capitalize on his story. And would prefer to get on with his life and not discuss his Area 51 days again.
Don't forget Friedmans work on the Corso story.
I'd be interested to know why Blue thinks Lazar is an idiot.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think Stanton Friedman is a top knotch researcher, the god-father of Ufology- I like to call him. He just comes off as being very dilligent and objective in his research.

I think Lazar is probably a fake (inconsistencies in story), but I really dont know, so I dont think anything concrete about him. There are a few things about his stories that are quite interesting...

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Unplugged]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
From what Stan Friedman has told me he finds what Lazar has said about Element 115 to be BS. He also has issues with his degrees from MIT and Cal Tech. I would have to say it's easy for the government to erase school records if they want to. But the Lazar's Element 115 claims I don't know much about.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Stan Friedman... I think that I saw an article once that he was a government Agent. A disinfo agent. But I don't know where I saw it. Must do research on this. Plus, I am not to convinced by this man because of his almost blind like belief in the MJ12 documents. Those to me seem like a hoax.

And the way he attacked Lazar's story with such aggression, makes me think that he was probably sent by the government to do so. How better way to do it than to do it with the "UFO guy", if he says that lazar is fake then it must be true right?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I think Stanton destroys Lazar's credibility in his analysis of him. But he does not do it without the facts to support him. Everything that Friedman cites as suspicious is with good reason, because he can back it up with the facts. Simple as that.

Friedman on Lazar

Stan Friedman Site

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I found interesting questions made by someone nick "xu" posted in another forum:

"I want to ask something, which will clarify things for me

Wasn't element 115 discovered years after Lazar claimed Element 115 was used for this and that?

Does the name Element 115 point to one specific element because of it is name? (maybe 115 is related with its physical properties thats why it is called 115 ?, I really dont know, I am asking)

if not, it will look like this; Lazar claimed X is used as antigravity fuel etc., years later scientists invented X and analysis showed that Lazars claims are not possible. So they could name anything as X and debunk Lazar then, if the answer to my above question is positive. ?"

I really like this question: Wasn't element 115 discovered years after Lazar claimed Element 115 was used for this and that?

If the answer is "yes" I will say it's weird for a "hoaxer" to know even the name of something that scientists didn't know exist it back then.

Who cares if it's stable or not the fact that someone knew of this discovered element years before its discovery should be more interesting to discuss.

Earlier this year, British scientists say they demonstrated an anti-gravity system that appears to be based on the theories revealed years ago by Lazar. Some scientists say it's proof that what Lazar said about Element 115 is true after all.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MANNYP4

I really like this question: Wasn't element 115 discovered years after Lazar claimed Element 115 was used for this and that?

If the answer is "yes" I will say it's weird for a "hoaxer" to know even the name of something that scientists didn't know exist it back then.

Who cares if it's stable or not the fact that someone knew of this discovered element years before its discovery should be more interesting to discuss.

Some scientists say it's proof that what Lazar said about Element 115 is true after all.

Element 115 is in reference to the elements on the Periodic table.

An element is named for the number of electrons that make it up. Hydrogen being element 1, Helium being element 2 and so forth.

Here is a link to the table.

www.chemicool.com...

It could be speculated that there is an element 151, it just needs to be discovered and proving. So you heard it here 1st, 60 years from now when it is discovered, you can all say I am a genius.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sorry forgot to post my opinion on Lazar and Friedman.

I don't really like Friedman, he comes across as the only authority on the subject, like if you don't have his stamp of approval your nothing. That being said he does seem to know what he is talking about most of the time, I still don't like him though.

Lazar, if he was fake, you would of though he would have made as much money on this thing, but he hasn't so I think he is just as credible. Little strange that he would tell of the governments most highly guarded secret and then he gets his security clearance back.

Probably a dis info agent.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
From what Stan Friedman has told me he finds what Lazar has said about Element 115 to be BS. He also has issues with his degrees from MIT and Cal Tech. I would have to say it's easy for the government to erase school records if they want to. But the Lazar's Element 115 claims I don't know much about.

I'm interested in what you said here. How would the government erase the records of someone's attendance and/or graduation at a university? I work in higher ed and can't think of any way that someone could be completely erased. There are too many places where someone is mentioned or stored and computer software (like datatel or peoplesoft) won't allow you to erase an entry completely, it's a built in failsafe. I know this because there are unfortunate situations where students die in car crashes and things of that nature and family wants their name erased so mail will stop coming, things like that, and there is no way to do it. The system won't let you. Not to mention the numerous paper copies that couldn't possibly be hunted down like school newspapers, yearbooks, etc.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Centrist posted a thread a while back about George Knapp's opinion of Lazar... it actually put Lazar in a pretty good light.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Chapel

I agree with you in part, we deal with people soft at where I work as well, but to play devils advocate here, you are speaking of the present time, what about back when Lazar went to collage (back in the 70's early 80's?).

Also, there are mistake made, 5 years ago I was getting an apartment and when they were checking my previous residance they check with a differant apartment complex and could find no record, I contacted the electic company and the gas company to get proof that I lived where I said I lived and both companies did not have any records either.

So needless to say I didn't get the apartment because they though I was making up part of my passed.

I mean what are the odds that 2 years of my life simply came up missing?

I could find no records to prove I lived there.

Very strange.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by bpletcj]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Not even Bob Lazar's "old classmates" ever remember even seeing him in their classes. His teachers have never heard of him either.
This is just a matter of looking at the facts, which Stanton Friedman clearly puts forth in his research. If you want to by-pass the facts and go with a conspiracy theory, well this is ATS so thats just fine.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpletcj
Chapel

I agree with you in part, we deal with people soft at where I work as well, but to play devils advocate here, you are speaking of the present time, what about back when Lazar went to collage (back in the 70's early 80's?).

Yeah, that's a good point. I'm not familiar with the data systems from 20+ years ago. I would assume a lot of universities didn't even keep electrical records in the 70's. Probably a lot of paper...you'd think there would still be yearbook photos or something with his name on it though....

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think BoB Lazar is a big liar.... He claims to have diploma's he doesnt have, there are just to many things in his story thats not correct.... But then again who knows what is correct. Im surprised i never heard about that Friedman guy, researching it now

MoonScar

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by White Chapel

Yeah, that's a good point. I'm not familiar with the data systems from 20+ years ago. I would assume a lot of universities didn't even keep electrical records in the 70's. Probably a lot of paper...you'd think there would still be yearbook photos or something with his name on it though....

Actually I believe there where photos of him from collage, in a documentery I saw about him they showed him lecturing in front of a group of students doing calculations on a black board.

I'll try to find a link.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonscar
I think BoB Lazar is a big liar.... He claims to have diploma's he doesnt have, there are just to many things in his story thats not correct.... But then again who knows what is correct. Im surprised i never heard about that Friedman guy, researching it now

MoonScar

You have never heard of Friedman ? I am sure if you saw a picture of him you would recognize him, his eye brows are longer then most peoples hair.

He seems to know what he is talking about but I still don't like his superiour attitude. He acts as if he is the final word on all things UFO.

By the way welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Chapel

Also, there are mistake made, 5 years ago I was getting an apartment and when they were checking my previous residance they check with a differant apartment complex and could find no record, I contacted the electic company and the gas company to get proof that I lived where I said I lived and both companies did not have any records either.

So needless to say I didn't get the apartment because they though I was making up part of my past.

I mean what are the odds that 2 years of my life simply came up missing?

I could find no records to prove I lived there.

Very strange.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You have never heard of Friedman ? I am sure if you saw a picture of him you would recognize him, his eye brows are longer then most peoples hair.

He seems to know what he is talking about but I still don't like his superiour attitude. He acts as if he is the final word on all things UFO.

By the way welcome to ATS.

His picture does ring a bell, and he sounds much more reliable then Lazar from what ive read. 20 years of UFO research still claiming not to have seen one himself though, makes him somewhat diffrent from other people who claim to have seen a ufo. Im gonna read more of his work so i can get a clearer opinion about him
Oh and thanks for welcoming me at the forums!

MoonScar

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join