It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost in my house?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Two nights ago a very strange thing happened. I was alone in my house except for my dogs and cats, I turned off all the lights and TV and went to bed. I was in bed reading when I heard voices in the living room I got up to see what was going on. The TV was back on, the cats were fluffed up and my 15 year old terrier began to bark at nothing I could see. The puppy hid behind me. This isn't the first time odd things have happened in this house the TV channel would be changed but only when I was watching Charmed and sometimes late at night I can almost hear what sounds like a conversation between people in the living room but I'm alone and my daughter is asleep. Any thoughts on this and what is going on?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well, that depends... first of all, did you turn the TV off by switching it off, or you just pushed the on/off button on your tele-command (spelling? well, that thing you hold in your hand and use to control the TV... sorry i'm not english).
Because in the second case, i think your house could be under the influence of particular electro-magnetic waves, that cause your TV to chance channel or turn itself on (and i think these could bother your animals, too).
Secondly, are you sure the voices you heard weren't from your TV??

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Ok those are reasonable questions. I turned the TV off at the TV not using the remote and when I heard what sounded like voices it was late no TV or radio on the house was quiet. The sounds were very faint and I couldn't make out what was being said.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
I heard what sounded like voices it was late no TV or radio on the house was quiet. The sounds were very faint and I couldn't make out what was being said.

Never know. If I've listened to music recently, then the house gets quiet, sometimes I hear what I think is a radio. Sometimes, it's the air, or the way a sound sounds to my brain. I've heard of ghosts conversating before, but only under certain circumstances. (Makes the whole thing really unreliable.) As far as the pets, same deal -- unreliable. My cat will freak out and run like I'm chasing him with a flaming stick.. he's been known to hiss at thin air then turn and meow for food.. I chaulk it up to him being a buckethead and bashing headfirst into everything while running at full speed.

Best bet, if'n you think it *is* ghosts, simply ask them to be quiet. Threats don't work very well, neither do angry thoughts while smiling. But, you've got kids who are trying to sleep.. (Could ask them what they want, but that is kind of an invitation... if they're even willing to talk.)

-Dis

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What i would suggest is that you know start to keep a log of anything that happens in the house, Get all members who live there to jot down anything odd that happens,

Also keep a camera near by and when you get an odd feeling snap away ...just In case lol, you might just get something,

Another thing you should do is try and find out a bit more about the house you live in,

What is the main feeling in the house? Calm, fear ect?

And are there any areas in the house where you feel there may be an odd feeling?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The house was built in 1946 according to the neighbors the original owners kept it really nice but the last owner who I bought it from let it go badly. When we first moved in my daughter and I both felt that it felt sad like a grand lady gone to seed. But we started fixing it up slowly but surely and now it feels happier. I don't know how to explain it any better then that. I've never felt scared or in danger just like I was being watched. The basement is set up like an apartment which my daughter currently has, the kitchenette always feels cold down there even when it's 100+ outside.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
well, it could be ... but have you considered your cats may have jumped on the remote and turned the TV on ?

I would say that the dogs barking "at nothing" is usually a reaction to "something", my last house in Pa did have a presence, but my husband "got ridd of it". Is there anything else that happens... the voices at night may not even come from your house, but from the neighboors house ? Maybe ppl talking outside, close enough to your home ?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Alright, I'm convinced, your house is haunted. I have an uncle who also had something similar happen. He used to have his T.V. upstairs in his bedroom. The last owners both died. Anyways, he was in his kitchen doing something when he heard that T'V. on. So he goes "what the-? Mmmm, I guess the kid mustof turned it on and forgot to turn it off". So he goes up there and turns it off and goes back downstairs. A few minutes later, it's on again. So he goes back up, turns off the T.V. and walks back to the kitcken, becoming somewhat afraid. Once again, the thing turns back on. Knowing that somthing supernatural is going on, he goes back up there, turns off the T.V., curses and reems out the 'ghost' and goes, once again, into the kitchen.......that settled it.....simple as that. He knows that there's strange things going on in that house and still continues to deal with phantom footsteps and such. Twice on different occasions he got physically touced by "something" that he could not see. I could go on, but quite frankly I can write a 3-page essay about that man and his encounters alone.
My advice would be to do what my nutjob uncle did, try to talk it out with whatever is in your house. As for your pets going ape$#!*, that's excellent evidence that theres "activity" going on. Animals have acute senses that humans don't. I can give stories to support this, but you'll just take my word, right? As for what asala said, everything in that post was well said. Take her advise if you want to get anywhere with this. Those odd feeling are also evidence for paranormal activity. Let us know how it's going and don't try to get too worked up about this. If my uncle and his family could live in unison with spirits for......er, lemme see......7 years I think......then you can too. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
^^^^

not necessaily, that depends on the nature of the Spirits. some are calmer, others want trouble

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I don't feel any sense of danger nor does my daughter and as I said the house feels happier I don't know if that makes sense or not. The neighbors are too far away for it to be their voices and usually I hear them about 2a.m. Our TV is too old to work by remote so that isn't the issue.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I don't feel any sense of danger nor does my daughter and as I said the house feels happier I don't know if that makes sense or not. The neighbors are too far away for it to be their voices and usually I hear them about 2a.m. Our TV is too old to work by remote so that isn't the issue.

well, than i guess you gals have "guests"... I hope they play nice

Do you think you can live normally with them around ?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yes I think we can. When I first bought this house I didn't think I would keep it long cause it's pretty big. But the more I work on it the more I really love it. Maybe that's what our guests want someone to love the house.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Yes I think we can. When I first bought this house I didn't think I would keep it long cause it's pretty big. But the more I work on it the more I really love it. Maybe that's what our guests want someone to love the house.

Could be ... well as long as they play nice, you guys will get used to it, i guess... Good luck
and happy days

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Eh, Prolly no ghosts... I don't belive in heaven nor hell, therefore I dont belive in souls that are left behind. Sometimes I belive a melvolent or non-malevolant energy can be left behind do to troubles, th is energy could be what many people consider ghosts... It could be haunted, my dog goes haywire for nothing all the time, T.V.'s go on and off all the time in my house, aswell as other thing, firealalarms, doors open, windows open all sorts of stuff, I hear noises... but I belive it all has a scientific explanation. The T.V.s are from external impulses discharged from a strong mind, im 15, and im damn smart, I think its my fault things go on and off, doors opening can be cased by shifts in gravity, faulty hinges, my house is old which explains the noises aswell... windows, I don't really know, I just dont think there are ghosts about... In you case I belive the noises are afterthoughts... watch enough TV or listen to the radio and the npoises reamain there... If you go to a themepark and you only go to a themepark once every 5 years. when you come home at night you stilll feel the motion of the roller coasters you still hear the screams of the people this is just afterthoughts left over in your mind could be the same with you. As for the tv if your intelligent I belive you could be doing it, its known that some people discharge weird electric currents strong enough to potentially turn off the tv or on... Also you said your house is old, which could mean the wiring of the house is old, so its possible that if you neigborhood is old aswell, then a sirge of electricity could cause a breaker to pop when this fixes itself it could reset your tv causeing it to turn itself on, when I turn my tv off and unplug it, then plug it back in it comes on, what would be happening wth faulty wiring is the same thing, electricity stops flowing then reemrges, possibly causing this effect. Thats what I say about it, however if theyre are"ghosts" cursing seems to be the solution...

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hi Golloping,
Haunted or Visited as I would call it. I have lived in several "visited" houses. I've had all my "guests" evicted but yours don't sound too bad.
One place I had a piano player residing, I have never had a piano.
I just don't like haveing them around if they cause trouble, so I ask them to leave. I don't like it when they turn on electrical devices make noise or wake me up.
Take Care
WIS

HS

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Galloping, read my 'part of a Thesis post for better understanding...
probably takes about 20 ghosts to turn a TV back on. Probably have another 200 sitting in the audience section watching the show.

Saw visions of TVs floating in the air, but the shows were invisible on a pink screen. They may prefer living color, who knows

HS

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well, it may be ghosts. Have you ever seen one before? Do you ever see wierd whisps of white or gray in your house? The voices you hear are probably coming from the otherside. Or it could just be your spirit guide trying to get your attention. Everyone has their own spirit guide.

top topics

join