It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed $2.7 trillion dollar defence budget?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
In current events, the Bush administration is pushing for an increase in the defence budget, while the the deficit will be trimmed from area's including the Health budget.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Does anyone else think that this is a bit extreme considering the Annual Military spending of the U.S.A is already greater than the rest of the world combined?

en.wikipedia.org...

Surely this money would be better spent on basic neccesaties such as health, considering the health situation in the U.S...

www.healthinsurancewatch.org...

Opinions please?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Fist of all, the Entire Federal budget is 2.7 Trillion. The DoD budget is only 439 Billion, this is separate from the 120 Billion that Bush has requested for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Also, our military budget is still not bigger then the ROW.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Damn if only I lacked enough morals to buy shares in arms companies!
And all this money to defend against Osma Bin Laden in his little cave. Of course there's Iraq but you could buy a country like that for this sort of money. And anyway I thought we would be leaving (one day).
I could just about understand Bush asking for this money from Congress as a purely temporary measure since at the moment there are plenty of holes for it to be poured into. But turning it into a budget is something else. It means even when Osma is in a grave, Iraq and Afghanistan have stable puppet governments the military will still be receiving a 6.9% hike. They could cut it back, but U.S history concerning military spending isn't very good.

Personally I think the only real reason is because many members of the Republican Party do buy shares in arms companies. But poor America; You know you really need something called a National Health Service (free at the point of delivery). And as far as turning to the church for social security goes I think it’s quite backwards. It’s what happened in medieval Britain and what still happens in countries like Iran but for goodness sake you are an economic super power. Less than 3000 people died on 9/11 and 2.7 trillion is very nearly a billion for each of them. Is your government really using its money for the benefit of the people or taxpayer? No way!

Does Iran export 2.7 trillion dollars worth of oil? Or even Iran and Iraq combined? And for how long would you need to worry about oil if only the money was redirected?

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
yep...Westpoint put this one to sleep.

liberal...did you not read the post above yours?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
In current events, the Bush administration is pushing for an increase in the defence budget, while the the deficit will be trimmed from area's including the Health budget.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Does anyone else think that this is a bit extreme considering the Annual Military spending of the U.S.A is already greater than the rest of the world combined?

en.wikipedia.org...

Surely this money would be better spent on basic neccesaties such as health, considering the health situation in the U.S...

www.healthinsurancewatch.org...

Opinions please?

He's just making money for him, his family (especially his daddy) and his buddies who all have massive ammounts of shares invested into corporations which are making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$s from Bush's policies.

He's also a nut.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
He's just making money for him, his family (especially his daddy) and his buddies who all have massive ammounts of shares invested into corporations which are making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$s from Bush's policies.

He's also a nut.

Leave you bush bashing rhetoric in the Politucs Forum.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Originally posted by Manincloak

He's also a nut.

Leave you bush bashing rhetoric in the Politucs Forum.

My comment was very relavent t the dicussion that's all.

It's not my fault Bush is beefing up the DoD budget for personal gain....

I wonder what will happen when Hillary comes to power?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
why do you have a problem with americas defense budget? it in no way affects you, unless you might be on the receiving end from the military

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
well i'd want to see what these people have to say after china gains the title of leading superpower.

top topics

join