It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien in the bottle.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I just found this it has a picture small though.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Sorry I was too excited!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That’s pretty crazy! Imagine if this is the real deal? It would change everything. Scifi channel has the scoop and will be airing stories on it the whole week. But to be honest with my self, I must say that I think that it is to good to be true. My hoax-ometer needle is at bull$hit level. Which means that this is probably some publicity stunt to make someone a few dollars richer.

PS. I hope that I am wrong, I hope that this really is a dead alien in a bottle.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I just read about this and was getting ready to post it myself. First inclination is hoax but it will be interesting to see what the tests show.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what the "creature/object" really is. Why is it I can never find unexplained objects in my attic!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You can also find the story here with a better pic of the jar and alien. Very interesting find. That would be a shocker to find something like this in your attic.

UFO CASE BOOK

The delicate 30cm (12 inch) figure of a baby alien is stored in a pungent liquid and has a US serial number painted on its four-toed foot. Possibly sculpted from a clay-like substance and painted grey, the model closely resembles the aliens depicted in a hoax film of an autopsy of the infamous "Roswell incident".

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It is also wierd that a spinster lived in the house before Barney Broom did and never found it, wouldn't think she would make something up like that either, Never know though. Probably some military brats pranking the old maid.

Pretty cool nontheless!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have been looking at this ever since the story broke and if you look here

news.bbc.co.uk...

A guy has commented the following

If I remember correctly, there was a vogue for selling these about 8 to 10 years ago, through sci-fi magazines. Made by a special effects contractor in the United States who had spare capacity, they were indeed shipped in "formaldehyde" solution. Perhaps someone tried to make something similar in the UK, and added the newspaper as corroborative detail.

That seems like the most likely explanation, the things made of clay for a start!!!!!!

Ox

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wow.. You guys narrowed it down.. Just kidding.. But you're right.. There is really only one of two possiblities for this... Either.
1. It's a fake and someone is just trying to make a little money and 15 minutes of fame.

2. It's real, Where would be the perfect thing to hide something like this? In the attic of a private home to be forgotten and hid away from society and prying eyes.. Until the people who own the home croak or what not..

So.. I guess we all just have to wait and see.. If it's a fake.. then oh well.. just another fool trying to impress the world.. If it's real.. then I'm sure there's going to be alot of explaning to do from many people, And I'm sure this wont go any further than this.. The story will disappear from the news.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
That's a good reading, if it is a publicity stunt,a hoax then well
prepared, I like the idea of wrapping it in the Daily Mirror dating
from October 1947 :-), good setting; well soon we should know
more

however, if we are to witness the so called disclosure one day
then wouldn't it be preceded by a series of such strange incidents?
a discovery here, a new fact there?

[edit on 8-2-2006 by SkyTom]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The UK Sci-Fi channel are doing a "Alien Invasion" theme for most of this month, playing lots of alien related TV shows and movies, their promoting it a lot on their channel, the greys popping up between shows as an example. For that reason, I believe it's gotta be a publicity stunt, sorry guys!

BBC News, "Alien crash lands in the attic" Tuesday, 7 February 2006, 12:22 GMT

The jar was wrapped in a 1947 copy of the Daily Mirror. The alien appeared to have a serial number on its foot.

1947? How convenient!!!

Just look at the "Genuine alien sighting" link on their homepage, cheese-tastic!

It wouldn't be the first time they've done stuff like this, anyone remember this sci-fi channel publicity stunt?

edit: sorry, didn't see that someone else had already posted the BBC link, my bad

[edit on 8/2/2006 by FactoryLad]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I would say fake, but all they have to do is feel it and see if it is clay or a possible Alien. It would be nice if it was real but i don't think we will be that lucky.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Also talked about in this ATS thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
When will they x-ray and scan it like they do for the human body. Then you could find out if it has orgnic material and organs that make it live. If not do a genetic test we have the technology now.

What if they make a Human Alien hybrid it gets stollen and it turns out to the Anti-Christ? Look we are not even shocked about it we have been media brain washed and 40 years ago it would have caused riots and now its the norm.

Is there something going on to get us immune to the fact when they show up we will just accept it.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Do they plan to do testing on this? or what

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Probably a softening up story for disclousre when ever that may be !

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Great! They can put it on the shelf next to the bottled dragon.

Book Deal for Dragon Hoax Author

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
A US serial # on it's foot?

What exactly is a US serial #?

Is there some standard I am not aware of?

Unless....

A UPC code?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Oooh...that is not good. The government will get right on that...

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This reminds me too much of the Bottle baby dragon hoax. That fooled alot of people at first. With some artistic skill you can create somthing like that without too much trouble.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join