It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does your cookie crumble?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What a great use of physics and engineering. We might now be able to have the "perfect" cookie. No more broken cookies at the bottom, nothing but whole, undamged cookies. A kids dream come true.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031003/ap_on_fe_st/why_a_cookie_crumbles

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but if I went through the time, trouble & expense to actually achieve a *Doctorate* degree, I think I'd be able to come up with something a bit more "earth-shaking" for an improvement in this world than to figure out a way to keep cookies from crumbling...

...Talk about having screwed up priorities about life, the universe & everything...

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
right.

the perfect cookie.

isnt it NICE that some people have so much time on their hands they can devote their time to this? Oh I am SO damn overjoyed. I will sleep well at night knowing the perfect cookie search is in good hands

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I like soft cookies that crumble no sad physics man who spent time on this is going to take it away from me.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Don't concentrate on the cookie. Concentrate on what they found out about the cookie. The process has applications in every high tech industry.

BTW, how much food is wasted just from rejected cookies? I'll bet it is a lot! Millions of dollars worth.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by copcorn
Don't concentrate on the cookie. Concentrate on what they found out about the cookie. The process has applications in every high tech industry.

Good point. I would think this would enable things to be kept around much longer than they have been. Old books and such that become frail and easily destroyed just by touching. If we knew the mechanisms that were behind it, we could create paper that did not have those characteristics and last forever.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayon
Old books and such that become frail and easily destroyed just by touching.

Age...naturally-occuring scavenger insects...dehydration.
I don't need a Doctorate to tell me *that*.

Seriously though, I can see where it would have use in other applications...So why doesn't he *develop his ideas* on those applications that would most benefit from his new techniques? Instead of wasting it on cookies?

When CAT scans were being developed, they tested it on ancient mummies...Why doesn't he test his technique on steel-works at a foundry?

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
this will put those damn keebler elves on the streets

top topics

join