It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Cartoon protests turn deadly

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wrote this little ditty for English today in about 30 minutes. I couldn't really get what I wanted out of it but I thought I'd post it. I orignally wanted to incorporate the hypocrisy on both sides of this fiasco but since we had a 4 Quatrain limit I came up with this. Hope you enjoy it, I pulled my hair out trying to write it.

Riot by Me
He sat upon his drafting chair;
working on what he wants.
He never knew the rage it'd inflame
in a host of Wahhabi nuts.

Next he put forth his satirical art,
of which his editor was quite keen.
No one expected the eruption to come;
it was all quite unforeseen.

As months passed by the Cartoonist,
he sensed a spark building in the southeast.
At first they seemed content to bellyache,
but the rage was quickly released.

The burning rage continues unabated,
despite an apology offered quite prompt.
Things are spinning out of control and
he feels free speech may get stomped.

As you can see I wrote somethign completely different then what I intended which happens often in these types of assignments. Oh well.

[edit on 18-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Clinton urges EU to convict publishers of caricatures - Dailytimes Pakistan

ISLAMABAD: Former US president Bill Clinton on Friday condemned the publication of Prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) caricatures by European newspapers and urged countries concerned to convict the publishers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Cut & paste: Clinton's sloppy multiculturalism that forbids satire
The Australian

So much for free speech, wonder when the crackdown begins at ATS?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
oh how glad I am that the US isn't so serious when it comes to religion....

www.breitbart.com...

I can't even imagine something like this....

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Clinton urges EU to convict publishers of caricatures - Dailytimes Pakistan

ISLAMABAD: Former US president Bill Clinton on Friday condemned the publication of Prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) caricatures by European newspapers and urged countries concerned to convict the publishers.

That can not be real.
They must have made that part of it up as I can't see Clinton calling for cartoonists to be arrested.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
That can not be real.
They must have made that part of it up as I can't see Clinton calling for cartoonists to be arrested.

Looks like Pakistan is in spin mode.

The birth of a lie

But that is what is being reported in The Daily Times of Pakistan. In fact, if you listen to the press conference, at the point where Clinton discusses his disagreement with publishing the cartoons, the only time the word "convictions" is used is when he talks about not having a problem with people peacefully protesting based on their convictions. The BBC reports the quotes which are heard on the press conference video:

"I strongly disagree with the creation and publication of cartoons that are considered blasphemous by the Muslims around the world," the AFP news agency quotes him as saying.

"I thought it was a mistake."

But he lamented the escalation of differences over the issue.

"I had no objections to Muslims who were demonstrating in a peaceful way their convictions.

"I thought [the cartoons issue] was also a great opportunity which I fear has been squandered to build bridges," AFP reports.

Now the whole press conference isn't available, so the remote possibility exists that he did indeed make this statement. But I doubt it. I'm no Clinton fan, but I find it very difficult to believe he'd say what the Daily Times claims he said.

But there it is, laying there, and sure to be picked up by other organs of the worldwide press, particularly those in Muslim countries.

Mistranslation on either side seems to be a habit, expecially if it is used to garner more hate.

Clinton in Pakistan: Convict cartoon publishers
-World Net Daily

[edit on 21-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
More Gasoline For The Fire

Originally posted by AceOfBase

That does indeed fail to pass the smell test.

Sounds like someone printed what they wanted to hear, rather than what Bill Clinton actually said.

There's a lot of that going around.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
These people need to be suppressed, and hard. It really bugs me to say things like this too. But it seems only too clear, that these fanatics will be satisfied only with blood and destruction. Fine. Give it to them.

You Know what.. Ignorance is the mother of all evil, .. and the above quote comes from such minds.

Not understanding the basic reasons, for the uproar and demonstrations,.. they are quick in spilling out Hatefull comments.

The same news paper, which published these cartoons, declined to publish a far better but funny cartoons depicting Jesus Christ, for reasons that it might "offend" others. There is an obvious BIAS, .. and all this seems well planed, intended to create the situation as it is. Reason, .. most people ACT under emotions and don't think in rational, hence to instigate such reactions, .. for their own twisted, evil, manipulative causes. or who knows Cheap Fame.

Understanding that there are things sacred, whicj if one molests , should Expect a CRY. As per Mr. Flemmings (Cartoon Master) own comments, .. this is exactly what he intended, ... and for the first few weeks after the first publications in Denmark, .. went without much notice, .. he amazingly called the Muslims organizations and reps there for comments...

To me it looks like you SLAP some one, .. emotionaly, ..which usually hurts more, .. and blame them for crying.

Before all these uproar, .. all that was asked to RETRACT these, ..in order to avoid arousing peoples emotions, .. Than a simple Apology... all went without notice.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join