It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Cartoon protests turn deadly

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
the big thing is that most would have chuckled a few times than promptly forgot that they even existed at all. now from this huge uproar the pics are going to be readily remembered, for years.

i will also note that it may be against islam to create a picture of mohammid, but that law (rule), only applies to those who follow it. therefore unless the pics were created by a follower or a country that has a government based on those laws, then there is nothing fundimentaly wrong with it. in the "free" western societies the press is not controlled by the state and so the state canot be held liable for anything printed. so then to say unless "governments" apologize for them, or face increased terrorisim, just points out the real aim of those whop are involved in terrorisim. for them it is just another excuse to carry on.

how many times have i seen things derogitory to my beliefs in print, or on tv? do i go out and call for terror because i am offended? nope normaly i just brush it off and change the chanel.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

If I called all Jews or Christians terrorist, I believe that the article would not be published in a newspaper...

If you were in Iran or any other Muslim country I bet it would.

Odium, the issue here is not why they made the cartoons or what their intentions were. The issue is why are so many muslims in an uproar and being so damn hypacritical. I mean, if a newspaper in Iran or Syria or wherever else did a cartoon that showed Jesus depicted in a negative way....would Chrisitians across the globe burn embassies and protest? No, cos that happens all that time. Look at TV, they always downplay Jesus and jews....The family guy, Southpark, even LOST.

And that's good that a very few Muslim leaders are not condoning violence....but that's the leaders in the UK and the US...not the muslim leaders in the Middle east where vast majority of muslims live.

[edit on 7/2/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Never hear of Pope Town, Riwka? The show that was pulled from BBC 3, for making jokes about a fictionnal pope being a homosexual and having magic powers...

In fact, they pulled it and made an appology and said it over stepped the line...it took nearly 4 years for the company to put it out on DVD.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
SportyMB, maybe that's the problem?

They do, Imam Al-Sadr in the Lebanese society was a rather famous one.
Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani in Iraq is another.
Syed B. Soharwardy lecturers in Saudi Arabia, was the guy I interviewed and also the founder of Muslim's Against Terrorism.

I can go on and on, the problem is nobody in Western Medias bothers to publish them when they speak out against the Iranian Goverment or these actions.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

Odium, where did your external source come from?

This is the source to the Pressrelease - Provocation from Muslims will not be Tolerated.

The source is avaliable on the internet.

Up to now, can't find anything on Muslims Against Terrorism where they

• denounced the FAKE cartoons the Danish Imans made
  • denounced the violence against Danish embassies etc.

Originally posted by Odium

Never hear of Pope Town, Riwka?

No. (But I could give you TONS of cartoons against Judaism - published from Islamic state owned media.)

As said many times before: I share the anger of Muslims, but there is no justification for violence.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Riwka]

• posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:40 PM
    link   
    Odium, dude..listen to yourself man! It is NOT a problem if the messages advocating non violance are not viewed and published in western papers and medias. The problem is that (apparantly) they are not published in the state ran middle eastern medias. As recent events show, that's where the problem lies, not with American muslims but with the govenments and people in muslim countries.

dbates has a pretty good thread, read his opening post, it explains everything pretty well
    thread link here

[edit on 7/2/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:54 PM
    link   

However, if I set out and published an article that intended to get the same response I believe I would be condemned. If I called all Jews or Christians terrorist, I believe that the article would not be published in a newspaper...

Start reading, apparently your consciousness needs expanding.

"Christian terrorists" 26,300 hits on Google
    "Jewish Terrorists" 43,300 hits on Google

Censoring the free press to appease miltants of Islam? Ridiculous...this is not the dark ages.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:00 PM
    link   
    Regenmacher, I've already illistrated one time when a similar image was censored because it was deemed offensive to Christians.

SportyMB, you assume it isn't? It's very judgemental, unless you yourself get these newspapers and can read arabic [and the other languages of the region]. You also seem to forget, we had riots in relation to these cartoons in the U.K. so what is published here is important.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:04 PM
    link   
    Here you go Riwka

We must rise higher in our conduct. We urge the worldwide Muslim communities to stop violent protests.

Source: Islamic Supreme Council of Canada - Newsletter 07/02/2006

As for the Fake Ones?
    (866)-208-6898 - More then welcome to let them know, I e-mailed their press office with them so they are made aware when I was.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:11 PM
    link   
    Odium, I already posted the link to that Pressrelease - so no need to give phone numbers , the whole adress is mentioned there - feel free to inform them, if you think they are not able to read the media.

It is more than often published, that those Danish Imans used faked cartoons.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:16 PM
    link   
    Odium, personally as with most everybody that I know as a friend, enlightenment is the polar opposite of censorship. I would probably watch the Pope as a gay magician just for a laugh. Sounds like Monty Python-type satire to me.

www.popetown.com...

In this case you have demonstrated censorship morons reside on the Catholic side too. My beliefs are not threatened by TV shows, cartoons or literature and I will be damned if I condone limiting free speech as an artist.

Here, watch this then if you can't watch Popetown: NBC- The Book Of Daniel

I suggest to all Islamic loose cannons, hotheads and psychotics:
    1. If images upset you so damn much, don't look at them. Master your own ship.
    2. Question your religon that is making masses of weak minded followers bent on oppression, hate and destruction.
    3. Step out of the cave, drop the club and open your thickhead.

Those that can't assimilate into a free enlightened society can serve their time in prison, a theocracy, mental hospital or a graveyard. Rolling back to the dark ages is not progress. The free world already had its crusades and inquistions.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:17 PM
    link   
    Not able to read the media?

That was a nice little stab. I've yet to see it mentioned on mainstream news over here or alternative sources, before your mention and in fact I've seen the BBC and the others say that those did come from the Newspaper but instead were not published. However, the one causing the most problems [Mohammed being a terrorist] was published.

You can't expect a group, working for free to manage to read every newspaper in the World and it is good to let them know such things. In fact, it might help if more groups knew about some of the fakes...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:38 PM
    link   
    "Never hear of Pope Town, Riwka? The show that was pulled from BBC 3, for making jokes about a fictionnal pope being a homosexual and having magic powers...

In fact, they pulled it and made an appology and said it over stepped the line...it took nearly 4 years for the company to put it out on DVD."

Yes the bbc showed this news.bbc.co.uk...
    about Jesus being homosexual and turned on by faeces.

They showed things offensive to Christians so they should show things offensive to other religions.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:32 PM
    link   
    Since when is Islam a part of politics? Islam is a religion, and one of the most bloodiest religions since its inception back around 800 A.D.

Convert or die is all they know!

Mohammed killed his way to the top and then he brought his followers up into frenzies to keep those people under his control.

The Islamic Motto is "Control the World" and if ya keep sitting back to watch they will do it too! Back to Slavery in the long run!

Do you think turning the channel when you see something that bothers you is gonna make it go away? Not with the Islamic Jihaddists. They don't care about you!

Do you think there are not terrorists here in the US? Better look again in Central Missouri with the Central Region Headquarters for Hamas there! .... Don't think Arab terrorists were smuggled in with some of the Mexicans that come across the border? Don't think they brought suitcase nukes with them?

You might want to think again!

[edit on 7-2-2006 by rebelrider]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:28 PM
    link   
    With all due respect Odium, you mentioned anti-jewish/christian cartoons... you need to do some research on the cartoons that appear in Egypt, Qatar, Saudi, and other Islamic nation's newspapers.

The cartoons showing Jews with hook noses and goofy attire walking around ripping people off and consistent references to Shylock and bloodsucking etc are quite common.

If Jews chose to throw gas bombs at Muslim embassies every time someone published an anti-Jewish cartoon, there wouldn't be much left. It's literally in the thousands.

Now, in retribution for Denmark's papers publishing something, a Muslim media outlet decides to mock the Holocaust (as usual).

At this point, the old saying "what's good for the goose" comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:02 AM
    link   
    Prophet And Loss

What I still can't understand is this:

If pictures of the Prophet Mohammed are forbidden, then how do they know what he looks like?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:25 AM
    link   

Not able to read the media?

That was a nice little stab. I've yet to see it mentioned on mainstream news over here

The organisation is Canadian?

Here we go:

Canada Free Press: The Cartoon Hoax

Radical Danish imams have deliberately incited hatred against Denmark, the country that had hospitably welcomed them in.

One of the three additional cartoons, which the imams distributed on a faxed image of appalling quality, was said to be a depiction of Muhammad with a pigsnout.

Yesterday an American blogger*) discovered where the “pigsnout Muhammad” comes from. It has no relation to Muhammad whatsoever, it is not even a cartoon, but a fax image of a photo of a French clown performing at a pig festival.

*) Again, thanks to makeitso here, ATS has been first who had it!

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:25 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Majic
    Prophet And Loss

If pictures of the Prophet Mohammed are forbidden, then how do they know what he looks like?

Call me suspicious but why would a religion ban the representation of its founder ? I suspect because he/she was not very photogenic. NB I say he/she because we don't know without a picture do we? We only have the written word of followers at the time.......who may be too embarrased to admit being led by a woman. What I have written is probably deeply offensive to those who are easily led and believe everything they are told.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:32 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Majic
    Prophet And Loss

Majic, that is easy to explain:

They did NOT see the the cartoons , the media in islamic states (that's where the violence against the cartoons happens it is NOT in Denmark) is state owned, they have not published them

- the poor Muslims have been manipulated by their own imans, Muslims who initially FAKED cartoons and only TOLD them about the cartoons.

And furthermore, even those who could easy inform themselves, since they are in the West and have access to the media, did not look at the 12 original cartoons....see here:

Spend a moment and thinking about it, what the cartoons were - images of the Prophet Mohammed as a pig [emph. added by Riwka]

NONE of the 12 original cartoons posted by the Danish media was such an image.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:57 AM
    link   
    Toil And Trouble

Sounds like a noxious blend of demagogy and mass hysteria.

Those who play with fire, however, usually end up getting burned.

I suspect we'll see some whirlwinds being reaped as the truth about what is really behind all this spreads.

When it does, those responsible for the deception are not likely to fare well.

We'll see what comes of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join