It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antiques

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
OK. I've always been one to think that objects can carry some sort of vibe, especially those that are old and carried down from generation to generation.

Here is my concern:
A person very close to me is having some very bad luck and thinking back to when this all started she came upon and old piano which she brought into her home. The piano does not play. Basically she has it there in her livingroom for looks only. She has it decorated with candles and stuff. I have mentioned the connection with her "bad luck" to the piano but she said that she loves that piano and that love covers all evil per say. Now I couldn't really say much to that comment because I believe this to be somewhat true myself.

Here is my question:
Do you guys think that an object can be the causer of bad things to happen and if so how do you test whether it is in fact the object that is causing these things?

Sincerely,
Magestica

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
well, i know for a fact from personal experience that entities or even just very strong emotions can attach themselves to objects. my wife and i have found, however, that you can counter that by blessing the house. of course the caveat of that is that you have to believe in what you are saying as you bless it. you can just invoke gods name as you bless every window and door without actually trusting and believing in him.

just my two cents worth.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well I believe in the paranormal,

I also have a large collection of Nippon dinnerware and plates I have it for many years and they came from different areas and antiques houses.

So far I have seen anything that could be attack to some of the pieces and I have some as far back as the 1800s.

I imagine that many of them has gone through many hands.

I guess perhaps it goes more in deep as to be personal items that people has held close to their bodies like jewelry and toys.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I also have to say that I happened to be in her home when the piano was being brought in and I kid you not, I felt almost engulfed (sp?) by a strong presence. I felt my breath almost held back for a moment.

I agree that blessing her home could certainly remove the negativity. But I just wonder if it's not too late. Because if there was some sort of entity attached to that piano then it is already attaching itself to her?

I've thought that if I could get her to remove the piano even to place it in storage and then annoint her home then maybe she might see some change in her luck-she might realise it was the piano?

I think the thing that bothers me most is the fact that it does not play. Which to me signifies lack of life. Even if it isn't living, there obviously was a time when it had life to it and music being played from it.

Grrr! I wish I could figure out a way to get her to remove it!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There are a few other things that, in my opinion. may be worth a thought or two, and if possible, give them a try.

One possibility is that the there is some entity attached to the piano and that it is unhappy with the current location of the piano. Perhaps the entity used to play the piano while looking out the window - then simply shifting the piano so that if someone were playing it, they would be looking out of a window. In short, perhaps the entity is unhappy with the piano in its current location - try moving the piano around in the room.

You may also want to try moving the piano to another room. If your friend really likes it in its current location, maybe you could move it to another room temporarily to see if the 'bad luck' stops.

Or you may also want to think about getting the piano fixed?...

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 2/6/2006 by DCFusion]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
Or you may also want to think about getting the piano fixed?...

Thanks so much for the advice. Unfortunately the piano is thousands of dollars away from being even close to fixed-so that is out of the question.

I do wonder if shifting it could possibly help? It weighs a TON though, and it would take some smooth talking on my end to even get her to consider moving it.

I just don't understand why she has such an attachment to it? It's not like it was handed down from her family or even given to her by someone she knew, it just kind of came into her life in an unusual way to begin with. If it were me, and someone was stating the possibility that this object could be influencing my train of thought and even causing some of the bad things happening, I would ATLEAST move it out temporarily. I've actually thought about spilling something on it or just doing something to it so she would get it out of her house!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I sure think they do. I also think the only way to rid them is to burn the item.

Here is a story that will make your hair stand on end.

Dibbuk Box

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
When my father passed, i kept his wedding ring in a pink sachet with some crystals *just figured it would be good luck, or at least keep him close to me* I'm not a crystal person, or anything like that. For about a year after that i had a lot of problems, nightmares, bad luck, so forth.

I went to a psychic around that time, just for the heck of it and she told me that i had a man hanging around me that i should keep hold of. He was a good man, but there were many dark things i didn't know about him. She said i needed to let go of what i had and things would get better. when i got home i took the sachet out of my bag and haven't put it back, and things have gotten better.
I don't know it was psychological, me just suffering from the death of my father and finally having someone tell me to release my saddness. But i know that i felt like i had a weight lifted off of me when i stopped carrying the ring in the pouch. . .

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
In the back of my book I found this little scrawling.That I did some time ago.
I will rephrase it for you here.It's just a slant on this.

It seems that in the case of this old china cabinet,They believed it to have a life of its own.Where as the woman who owned it named it and sang to it all the time and cleaned it ev ery day.Now as time went on,the woman getting too old to take proper care of it passed it on to one of her children.They said that within the first month there started to be some activity.The door would be found open and the contents would rearrange inside.Now as time went on the china cabinet became more and more neglected from what I could tell.Some incident\s involve people tripping suddenly and bashing something on one of the corners.I believe that while they have tried cleansing this cabinet aswell as the house,this may be a case of a personified piece of furniture.

Anyway there is just a small case study.
Scarecrow.

top topics

join