It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world dreams and visions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It seems to me that everyone who has dreams or visions that come true eventually has an "end of the world" dream or vision. They never happen, of course. The world continues to move and people continue to dream of the end of it all.

I've had many dreams and visions that have come to fruition later. Except for the occasional earthquake, none of my precognitions have been anything worth sharing. I'll dream of a minor car accident, then drive past exactly what I saw the next morning. Or I'll see a stray cat and later on find it hiding under my shed.

I kept a log of these precognitive episodes when I was a teenager, but I stopped that a long time ago. During my log-keeping days, I had an "end of the world" vision. I was awake at the time and asked my boyfriend to write down what I said. The little $#!^ didn't; but I still remember parts of it.

I've wondered about it ever since then. What causes these visions of disaster that nevver occur? Is it part of our make up? Is it some cosmic lesson that every would-be prophet must learn? What are the similarities and differences between the "end" visions people have?

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.

I saw a bunch of disjointed things, like snippets of video playing behind my eyes. Among them was a classic mushroom cloud in Paris, and another in my home town by the international airport (also home of Boeing, an Air Guard station, and a bunch of military aircraft; because the runway is long enough to handle the large carrier planes)
I also saw the bodies of naked children stacked like fire wood, filling a section of a canal. (River Des Peres)
And I saw a bunch of stuff that was important at the time, but made no sense later.

So how about the rest of you? What's you're end of the world dream?

join