It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Names

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I read a couple of time about certain people having Masonic names. Do all masons have a Masonic name? If so when is it given to an initiate and by whom?

Thanks in advance.

Note to MODs: I realize there is no conspiratorial spin to my question (yet), feel free to move it accordingly. – Although I feel masons might not see it in BTS. Am I posting this in the right section?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
I read a couple of time about certain people having Masonic names. Do all masons have a Masonic name? If so when is it given to an initiate and by whom?

Thanks in advance.

There are no actual Masonic names, although different officials have different titles. Regular members are styled "Brother" (for example, Brother Jim or Brother Steve). Masters and Past Masters of Lodges are styled "Worshipful Brother". Grand and Past Grand Lodge officers are styled "Right Worshipful Brother", and Grand and Past Grand Masters are styled "Most Worshipful Brother".

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Thanks ML

I had read about it on this board when reading about Solomon Tulbure, and then someone said he had a masonic name. (in this thread )

I know the Illuminati had nom de guerres and I wondered if they took that from the Masons as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

Thanks in advance.

There are no actual Masonic names, although different officials have different titles. Regular members are styled "Brother" (for example, Brother Jim or Brother Steve). Masters and Past Masters of Lodges are styled "Worshipful Brother". Grand and Past Grand Lodge officers are styled "Right Worshipful Brother", and Grand and Past Grand Masters are styled "Most Worshipful Brother".

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hi,I'm new here on ATS,come from family of Mason's and yes my mason name is Osiriris,you are given a Mason name

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
thanks old timer. What rites of freemasonry do you follow. (if that's how you ask, I mean like York, Scot etc.)

And when do they give you this name, or do you choose it?
Do you have any other examples? Are they mostly Egypt themed?

thanks.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Move it? I lock it.

Now, I suggest you read the threads that are tacked at the top.

Thanks, drive carefully and have a good day.

top topics

join