It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very interesting site I found about fasting and powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
its librarising.com it has articles on fasting,a frutarian diet and all stuff like lemuria and astrology.

alot of the articles state that through fasting and meditation you can awaken such abilites as telepathy,levitation,and your third eye chakra.whats your thoughts on the information presented on the site?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
That's weird, I can relate to this. Recently I had unexpected dental surgery(broken jaw). Basicaly, for the first 3.5 weeks I couldn't get used to the idea of of eating all liquids. I basicaly starved myself by only eating half a bowl of tomato soup and water a day(lost over 15lbs).

Long story short, I started noticing things. My dreams were always 100% in color and very detailed. I started seeing shadows, not shadow people, but moving shadows in my peripheral. I also started to become very empathetic. I could feel peoples feelings, more so then usual. I became extremely aware of the dark energy around me, I couldn't sleep because of it on ocasions.

I even had a few random OOBs, on very low plains. One for example, one was codiene induced(it was prescribed, lol). I fell asleep shortly after taking my dose, and next thing I know I was in a very low plain getting yelled at by people I knew(entities? spirits? figments of my subconscious?). They were just screaming at me, I've pretty much forgoten what they were saying by now. It was creepy to say the least, not a dream by any means(i had a few opiate induced dreams while on the medication, but nothing like this). Before I knew it I snaped out of it and was back to physical reality.

I haven't read through the site yet, but I will. Once I do I'll post my thoughts on the website. It wouldn't suprise me the least bit if this stuff was true. Didn't monks and medicen men fast before spiritual journeys?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Strange point.I never really thought about it too much,although it is in my book I have never put much attention towards this.

This is very interesting to me considering that I find myself not eating barely ever these days.Though i do try to nourish myself,for some reason I just can't feel hungry.I have to focus much these days though,I have many troubles with my exsistece and how I feel there are troubles.I seem to be experiencing alot of change these days,hence why I've been mostly abscent the last two weeks.

On an off shoot I would like to suggest all those who read this to seek out music by VNV Nation Their main focus is on the enlightenment of the soul
I think.

Scarecrow

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The lack of food I believe is related to low blood sugar levels and it affects the mind. But that's not all, for good meditation it always helps to give your mind a head start. Busy bowels and seretonin and dopamine levels all play a part in inhibiting or helping a meditative state.
When you are hungry for a while you feel dizzy and wishy washy, which helps that state of mind occur.
I myself always dream in colour and only in colour, I find it strange some folks don't.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
STARVATION dose that to the body, its not powers or anything. Its the body breaking down!

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I believe that it is looked at as for a few days or eating very little.When it comes to the body breaking down it is able to under go alot of duress when it comes to food consumption.

In some studies this is what I came up with.Though we tend to focus on food consumption as our sole source of energy.We in fact have at least three different area's of energy and information transfer.The first being the primary focus of human and all animal kinds is physical.Water and food make up most of this group where as others such as sleep and hygene take part aswell.

Now the second is and third are extremely tied in with each other.
aswell as the first,but as i go you will understand this is hard for me to explain.

The second being mental and the third being spiritual.
In this study it was looked at as the mental as being the brain and how it stored our thoughts and memories and processed them.While spiritual
Is the connection between the physical world we see what we think about it and our lives in it and how we feel in connection to that,aswell as our beliefs and what not.

Interestingly enough all three of these supposed areas make up a human being.All effecting eachother.Some look at it like this.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-2-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I used to fast 3 days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday). I even cooked for my family at the time and never taste-tested the food. Yeah I know it's weird, but I was raised Catholic, and after reading enough stories about the saints (esp. St. Rose of Lima) I was trying to get holy and such, by doing sacrifices... Who would've known that I'd end up converting myself away from Christianity completely later on... but that's another story.

Anyway, what I'm saying is, I have first hand experience with fasting, and here's what happened:

1: I lost weight
2: I was grumpier than normal
3: Eventually I didn't get hungry anymore
4: My body got kinda weak
*on the upside however*
5: My will power was strengthened greatly

No noticeable difference in psychic abilities, sightings, etc.

My suggestion: don't bother, unless you want to increase your will power and lose weight at the same time. Though you might want to keep some cigarettes handy, because you WILL get grumpy.

top topics

join