It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back Off PETA, Must You Crap on Everything Cool?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This company makes an arcade claw (you know, the machines where you pay a quarter for a chance to grab a stuffed animal with a descending claw) for lobsters!

abcnews.go.com...

How freakin' cool is that? 2 bucks to play for your dinner!

I'm moving to Maine and sending PETA a fart in a jar, who's with me?!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I love animals, but that's freaking hysterical. I don't eat lobster, but I wanna go at it!

As for PETA.....
:bash:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I'm moving to Maine and sending PETA a fart in a jar, who's with me?!

Only if I can bring my kangaroo scrotum bottle opener with me.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm in a bit of a quandry - I hate animal cruelty, but I love Lobsters, and I also love games.

My love for Lobsters and Games, nevermind the two of them COMBINED, is enough to make me think - Give me a go! How cruel can it be....not as cruel as hanging up pigs alive and all that evil butcher malarky (But I love sausages...) so I wouldn't be feeling too bad about it.

I mean, if we wanted to take the bad route with the technology, we could have used it to pick out Death Row inmates from a giant cage.....and then feed them to giant Lobsters. The cruelty!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Those poor Lobsters... That must be pure hell for them... Being in a tank of water like that... Then some huge claw comes down and yanks them out of their little world..... Poor bastards.

If only they actually friggin' knew what was happening to them. PETA is a joke.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
How does that differ from reaching into the big tank and taking it out as it's normally done? Either way the end result is the same. Old Sebastian ends up on the dinner plate.

This "game" is simply a fun way to do a rather menial task of moving the lobster from the tank to the chef, isn't it? Even from PETA's standards there is nothing more "cruel" about it.

If this would be banned, one assumes fishing for sport should be as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
While I'm against animal cruelty I think half the things PETA does is just plain dumb.

Paul Carrozzi, owner of Roland's Seafood Grill, said he doesn't agree the machine is inhumane, but removed it after receiving threatening e-mails and calls. "It just wasn't worth it," he said.

Zucchero maintains that the machine has a gentle claw that won't hurt the animals.

"If it did," he said, "we'd have problems because then it would be destroying our inventory."

At Eight Corners Market,

The machine doesn't even harm the critters
If I was the restaurant owner I would have invited PETA to go ahead and carry out the threats. It would have brought publicity to his restaurant and show how dumb PETA is.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
That soft rubber claw might hurt those lobsters soft and tender shells. O.o

God Bless America :shk:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
If this would be banned, one assumes fishing for sport should be as well.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if you looked at PETA's mission objectives and saw they though fishing was cruel too. I mean, the poor fish gets it's lip pierced without it's agreement. PETA also thinks the act of cooking a lobster is cruel... I mean, how else does one cook a lobster? It's a friggin' joke... PITA is a joke.

They had some legit causes... Like clubbing baby seals maybe... But they just seem to go overboard on most of their cases.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I've got a nice big quart jar. A fart is just about what peta is worth. Any good they do, is more than offset by these sort of stupid things.

Morons, the lot of 'em. Now where's that game.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Wasn't PETA the group that used to send people rotting animal smell in a little bottle?

That's why I wanted to send them the fart.

Yeah, the rubber-wrapped claw is definitely cruel and unusual compared to the boiling water.
What are these boobs thinking?

If God didn't want us to eat the lobster, then lobster wouldn't taste so good. Sure, they're the roaches of the sea, but steamed with a bit of lemon and butter they taste something like delicious.

How do PETA members react when they find their cat playing with a broke-back mouse? Do they save the mouse, arrest the cat, and try to make it feel guilty for being hungry and bored at the same time?

Why can't PETA focus their attention on saving the animals that taste like crap and are easy on the eyes. Seals and such. Leave the ugly, delicious animals to us.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Wasn't PETA the group that used to send people rotting animal smell in a little bottle?

That's why I wanted to send them the fart.

lmao

They used to send people rotting animal smell in a bottle?
I'm just trying to comprehend how ineffective that must have been. :shk:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

How do PETA members react when they find their cat playing with a broke-back mouse? Do they save the mouse, arrest the cat, and try to make it feel guilty for being hungry and bored at the same time?

Brokeback mousin'? Ohh I'm sure that's ok.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Because boiling them alive is ok, but please don't insult them as merely unfeeling objects before killing them.

For some strange reason, I don't think demeaning insults to the ego is the lobster's main concern.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
PETA is a joke, that is all they will ever be!
Look who one of their main spokesperson is Pamala Anderson

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Actually I don't eat shell fish. Is there a online flash lobster crane game?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Hate to be a wet blanket or anything as I hate PETA as much as the next meat eater but are not Lobsters cooked alive? That seems slightly cruel to me.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Hate to be a wet blanket or anything as I hate PETA as much as the next meat eater but are not Lobsters cooked alive? That seems slightly cruel to me.

I used to work in a restaurant where they would be chopped in half lengthways while still alive. Who cares? They're dumb animals, you may as well shed a tear the next time you eat a freakin' apple.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

I used to work in a restaurant where they would be chopped in half lengthways while still alive. Who cares? They're dumb animals, you may as well shed a tear the next time you eat a freakin' apple.

So just because it's a dumb animal it doesn't feel pain?
About the Apple part btw. Let me guess you wouldn't feel any qualms about force feeding calves either for Viel right?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

So just because it's a dumb animal it doesn't feel pain?
About the Apple part btw. Let me guess you wouldn't feel any qualms about force feeding calves either for Viel right?

Firstly it's VEAL. Secondly, if you're going to jump to assumptions like that, I may as well take your post to be proof positive that you enjoy wearing womens underwear.

:shk:

The point is not that it feels pain, it's that it is dead anyway. You see, it's not going to have long to bitch about the manner of it's death.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join