It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writer's Challenge Circuit?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
WHERE SHOULD WE FACE???

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
WHERE SHOULD WE FACE???

Right here, MacDonagh.

Post your poem to this board and let Yarium post his onto it as a reply.

I'll do a critique once both are posted.

Looking forward to it...remember to read your poem out loud before you press the 'send post' button, because I'm a big fan of how the words roll out of my mouth when I read it. To me it's more important that rhyme or reason.

BTW...all caps are kinda frowned upon.

edit for speeling

[edit on 20-2-2006 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
hmmm.. it started already ??? who chooses who, and all that ?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

hmmm.. it started already ??? who chooses who, and all that ?

No, BaastetNoir...Yarium and MacDonagh threw down the gloves to a poem challenge earlier in this thread. Consider this just a foretaste...

We're going to have to have the help of moderators to organize the larger contest.

Since intrepid is involved, I'm sure something will get done in the near future.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I dunno. Yarium decided to face me with an abduction poem thingy. I guess it's like you challenge someone openly and then go HIYA! Your going down! Well, I shall keep the posturing and wrestling comments to myself.

[edit on 20/2/06 by MacDonagh]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
WARNING:

Argh! I just tried posting my poem! At least 8 stanzas it was! Then a screen came up saying "You Do Not have the ability to post here". I lost it all! So where do we post the poems? Do you need to be a "writer" in order to post?

I hope I can remember it... because my mind's drawing blank now. It was so perfect too! My mind's still trying to think in a ryhming pattern (A, A, B, B).

(Yarium Vents Anger-Exhaust)

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
WARNING:

Argh! I just tried posting my poem! At least 8 stanzas it was! Then a screen came up saying "You Do Not have the ability to post here". I lost it all! So where do we post the poems? Do you need to be a "writer" in order to post?

I hope I can remember it... because my mind's drawing blank now. It was so perfect too! My mind's still trying to think in a ryhming pattern (A, A, B, B).

(Yarium Vents Anger-Exhaust)

I'm not sure but try Short Stories forum, not Collaborative Fiction(need Writer status there for sure). That might work.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yarium, I am so sorry that this has happened.

Yes, you need writers status to post there...my bad!

Here's the rules as laid out by John Bull1.

If you wish to post in the Short Story Forum you do not need "writer" status, however, because of the collaborative nature of this forum "writer" status must be gained before you may post here. To get "writer" status you must;

a) Have been a member here at ATS for atleast a month.

b) Have posted regularly in that time.

c) Have not spammed or trolled the board in the past.

If you wish to become a "writer" and you meet these requirements then you should contact worldwatcher via U2U.

As stated, apparently you can post in the Short Story 'sub forum'. Try it out on one of my threads in there to test it, but I'm sure it will work.

I don't know what else to say other than I'm disappointed you lost the post through my inattention to the details. Hopefully you can ask either worldwatcher of Amorymeltzer for writer status when they come in.

Looking over the thread, it seems there are others who do not have the writer status.

.edit for clarity

[edit on 20-2-2006 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Awwww. I guess I shall have to become a writer. I've been a member for a couple of monthes, and I didn't know. :/ Do I get knight status?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You have to U2 me if you want Writer Status!!!

I check your post history, how long you've been here, make sure you've been playing fair and nice, no current warnings, and you get Writer Status, easy painfree process, just U2 me.

In the meantime for itchy finger writers, start your thread in the Short Stories Subforum, which doesn't require Writer status to get participation and I can always move your thread later on.

Also FYI, i do normally peruse the Short Story forum and if I notice a non writer's submission, I'll go ahead and give Writer Status without the request.

Now in regards to these efforts, I like them. I like the idea, I like the participation, I like to read. BUT from experience here, the biggest problem I face is not coming up with creative ideas to throw at you all but in getting participation from willing and able judges. So in order to participate in these writing challenges you all are required to give feedback and commentary on your fellow writers contributions.

I really don't think too much Moderation is needed in this forum or for this writers challenge to work. My job is basically to make sure you have a forum, clean up if there is a spill and top and untop threads as they come along. You guys, the Writers and Members are free to create as many challenges, workshops, clinics, etc as you wish as long as they remain civil and fun. Of course if you need my help as a judge or have any special requests feel free to let me know.

Today, I'll start the one on one competition between DeusEx and Masqua, because that was already planned. It will run for 2 weeks, so all who have shown interest in this thread, collaborate and let me know who will be participating in the "round table" of sorts challenge and what topics you want to work with..or what rules you intend to follow.

if i missed anything or wasn't clear, again feel free to u2 me.

and btw mcdonagh and yarium, you're both "writers" now.

[edit on 2-21-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
WARNING:

Argh! I just tried posting my poem! At least 8 stanzas it was! Then a screen came up saying "You Do Not have the ability to post here". I lost it all!

Unholy hell man-what were you thinking?!?!!

I feel your pain-honestly!

I've written things in an open post and lost it all-same as emails and it does suck-for something like this where you had plenty of time-not a instant type challenge to what you could do "off the top of your head"- I'd think you should work on it before hand in a word program of some sort and then edited it as necessary and have it saved that way

...because even if you did have writers status etc...or now that you do...it doesn't mean some bug wont creep in and screw everything up you're trying to post. Thats my advice for the future, not to minimize your pain-because truly-that is a drag!

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Great. Why bother spreading truth when we can cross pork-swords like real men. Whose idea is the "writing as bloodsport" anyway? Maybe you can just skip the writing part and just go straight to the hot-oil wrestling.

Good to know the ATS administration has their priorities straight. We can turn a forum for sharing truth into a way of exhibiting our most atavistic tendencies.

Pardon me, but your inadequacies are showing.

>>"Live Free or Dei"

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
vouto, you are free to spread the truth in other forums, but in the COLLABORATIVE FICTION forum, writers and members are free to express their CREATIVE sides.

If you have no interest in reading fiction written by our members, you don't ever have to visit that part of the board or read any threads associated with that forum. Get off your high horse and go play in a thread that MATTERS TO YOU!.

[edit on 2-21-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thanks worldwatcher for making me a writer. Whatever that bloke says about naked oil wrestling, "I'm game if he is"

Must be the competitiveness he doesn't like.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks for writer status!

Unfortunately, due to delays (such as a family dinner tonight), I'm going to have to post-pone my due-date to tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to get to it tonight though! So, MacDonough, if you post the initial post, I'll try to find it when I have the chance!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
OK, masqua twisted my arm into doing this....

Do I really have to read all four pages of this thread to know what rules we landed on???

Where do I sign up?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I'm not really sure the rules or structure have really been set up yet, loam. That or I've been very left out!
could be for the best as I think I'm way out of my league competing!

Did Yarium and Macdonagh ever post any poems? I looked for awhile but admittedly stopped looking and waiting for more word on this thread...

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
re: your sig "hotter faster worser"

Our children may forgive us the debts we’re passing on to them, they may forgive us if terrorism persists, they may forgive us for waging war instead of pursuing peace, they may even forgive us for squandering the opportunity to put the nuclear genie back in the bottle. But they will spit on our bones and curse our names if we pass on a world that is barely habitable when it was in our power to prevent it.

And they will be right to do so.

-John Atcheson

WOW
good article

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Pretty scary stuff, huh?

:shk:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
OK, masqua twisted my arm into doing this....

Do I really have to read all four pages of this thread to know what rules we landed on???

Where do I sign up?

The rules are simple. Two writers enter, one writer leaves. Three rounds. Challengemaster WW sets the nature of the challenge. It might be something like "Write a scifi story". Simple.

DE

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join