It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PNAC - Project for the New American Century - Is It For Real?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hi I am new here and have posted in the newbie/adoption thread but it is this thread that brought me here so excuse me for not waiting to be adopted but I would love to share some things with you.
I am a freelance writer currently working on a book about the PNAC, who/what it is and how it relates to today.
Below I have a one-sheet informational flyer I print and pass around or email or post or whatever and the post that will follow this one is some of my latest research.

What’s in it for you?In 1997 a Washington DC “think tank” whose goal is to promote American global leadership was born. A non-profit organization devised to discuss and strategize both domestic and foreign policy. The members were mostly men from past American Presidential cabinets, US Military and Media.www.newamericancentury.org... 1998 this organization sent a letter to President Bill Clinton asking for the US to begin a pre-emptive war with Iraq. They requested an increase in defense spending and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests. Bill Clinton refused them. www.newamericancentury.org... Sept. 2000 this group published a document called Rebuilding America’s Defenses. An 89-page document that reads like a blueprint for pre-emptive war on many nations. The first of the wars to be with Iraq followed by Iran, Syria and many other Middle Eastern states to in their own words “control their resources” for America. Additionally the document outlines plans for China’s “looming threat”. It reads in some respects like Hitler’s "Mein Kampf." The document makes such sweeping statements as:· The United States has for decades sought to play a more permanent role in Gulf regional security. While the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein.· Iran is perhaps a far greater threat to U.S. oil hegemony· Fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars to establish American dominance for all to see· The United States will require bases and stations within and beyond Western Europe and Northeast Asia· Demand American political leadership rather than that of the United Nations· Advanced forms of biological warfare that can 'target' specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool· The need to provoke terrorists to attack in American cities· Use of fear to rally the American people· And finally, "The process of [military] transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event -- like a new Pearl Harbor."On September 11th, 2001 the PNAC saw their “New Pearl Harbor”, a door of opportunity that opened and they stormed right through it.www.newamericancentury.org... September 20th 2002, one year after 911, the National Security Strategy of theUnited States of America also known as the Bush Doctrine was released by President George W. Bush. It is an ideological match to the PNAC's Rebuilding America's Defenses report issued more than a year earlier. In many places, it uses exactly the same language to describe America's new place in the world.www.whitehouse.gov... Bush assumed the Presidency, the men who created and nurtured the imperial dreams of PNAC became the men who run the Pentagon, the Defense Department and the White House. PNAC's "Rebuilding America's Defenses" report is the institutionalization of plans and ideologies that have been formulated for decades by the men currently running American government. The PNAC Statement of Principles is signed by: Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, I. Libby, as well as by Eliot Abrams, Jeb Bush, Karl Rove, Richard Pearl, Bush's special envoy to Afghanistan Zalmay Khalilzad, and many others. William Kristol, famed conservative writer for the Weekly Standard, is also a co-founder of the group. The Weekly Standard is owned by Ruppert Murdoch, who also owns international media giant Fox News.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here is a summary showing how the PNAC is alive and at work with their hands in several of the pies in the current Plame leak situation...

The White House Iraq Group (aka, White House Information Group or WHIG) was the marketing arm of the White House whose purpose was to sell the 2003 invasion of Iraq (ie. the Iraq war) to the public. The task force was set up in August 2002 by White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card and chaired by Karl Rove (Rove and Card are BOTH PNAC members) to coordinate all the executive branch elements in the run-up to the war in Iraq. One example of the WHIG's functions and influence is the "escalation of rhetoric about the danger that Iraq posed to the US, including the introduction of the term 'mushroom cloud'"[1]. (This is straight fromt he PNAC RAD doc where they speak of using FEAR to rally the American people behind the President)
en.wikipedia.org...

*Both leaders of this group are PNAC founders.

that group is NOT to be confused with THIS group as they are infact TWO separate groups...

The Committee for the Liberation of Iraq (CLI) was a non-governmental organization which described itself as a "distinguished group of Americans" who wanted to free Iraq from Saddam Hussein. In a news release announcing its formation, the group said its goal was to "promote regional peace, political freedom and international security through replacement of the Saddam Hussein regime with a democratic government that respects the rights of the Iraqi people and ceases to threaten the community of nations." It had close links to the Project for the New American Century (PNAC) and the American Enterprise Institute (AEI), important shapers of the Bush administration's foreign policy.

The Washington Post reported in November 2002 that "the organization is modeled on a successful lobbying campaign to expand the NATO alliance. Members include former secretary of state George P. Shultz, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and former senator Bob Kerrey (D-Neb.) (I thought they said it was non-governmental in the paragraph above...). ... While the Iraq committee is an independent entity, committee officers said they expect to work closely with the administration. They already have met with Hadley and Bush political adviser Karl Rove. Committee officers and a White House spokesman said Rice, Hadley and Cheney will soon meet with the group." [1]
With the successful removal of Saddam Hussein, the committee appears to have disbanded, and its once-prominent website no longer exists.

Members of this group (PNAC in RED) are:

Mahdi Al-Bassam, Iraq Liberation Action Committee
Barry Blechman, DFI International
Eliot Cohen, Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies
Thomas A. Dine, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
General Wayne Downing, U.S. Army (retired), has been a lobbyist for the Iraqi National Congress
Rend al-Rahim Francke, Iraq Foundation
Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
Lt. General Buster Glosson, U.S. Air Force (retired)
James P. Hoffa, International Brotherhood of Teamsters
Bruce P. Jackson, chairman, is the former vice president of weapons contractor Lockheed Martin. He also chaired the Republican Party Platform's subcommittee for National Security and Foreign Policy when George W. Bush ran for president in 2000. Howell Jackson, Professor of Law, Harvard Law School
Robert Kerrey, former U.S. Senator
Jeane J. Kirkpatrick, American Enterprise Institute
William Kristol, Weekly Standard
Bernard Lewis, Princeton University
General Barry McCaffrey, U.S. Army (retired); former U.S. "drug czar"
John McCain, U.S. Senator
Will Marshall, Progressive Policy Institute
Richard Perle, former Assistant Secretary of Defense
Danielle Pletka, American Enterprise Institute
Randy Scheunemann, CLI's executive director, is former chief national-security adviser to U.S. Senator Trent Lott who has also worked for Donald Rumsfeld as a consultant on Iraq policy. While working for Lott in 1998, Scheunemann drafted the "Iraq Liberation Act" that authorized $98 million for the Iraqi National Congress.
Gary Schmitt is executive director of the Project for the New American Century
George P. Shultz, former U.S. Secretary of State under Ronald Reagan
Richard Shultz, The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
Steve Solarz, former Member of Congress
Ruth Wedgwood, Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies
Leon Wieseltier, The New Republic
Chris Williams, Johnston and Associates
R. James Woolsey, former CIA Director

en.wikipedia.org...

*14 of the 29 memebers are PNAC founders or members including their Executive Director!

These two faction groups are made up of the people who sold the American people the kool-aid in the lead up to Iraq. These are the men and women who cooked info, including the Niger lie with the resulting ousting of Plame because it suited their purpose.
The PNAC is far reaching within this administration; in fact it IS this administration. The PNAC's fingerprints are on all of it from way back to present day. They said they would go to war...multiple and simultaneous wars at that. They said that would use fear even manufactured fear...they even set Rumsfeld up with the P2oG Program to create terrorist attacks.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think the importance of this (PNAC) is largely underestimated...

Why is every single thread about this subject bleeding to death without decent followups, opinions or research?

Is there an "Ignore PNAC threads" conspiracy at ATS?

Is it for fear of being labelled as anti-semite because their members and founders are predominantly (90+%) Jewish?

[edit on 23-5-2006 by HardToGet]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardToGet
I think the importance of this (PNAC) is largely underestimated...

Why is every single thread about this subject bleeding to death without decent followups, opinions or research?[....]

You know, HardToGet, I wonder the same thing. I mean, I don't necessarily think that I start great threads or anything, but over the last few years on and off, throughout my wanderings through the Internet, I have run into PNAC or some division of it in many places.

At first I also brushed it off pretty much as somebody's "attention-getter" type thing. But, considering that it was apparently written prior to 9-11, and the path that was written out in PNAC, Building America's Defenses, and other writings similiar seems to be being followed a little too close for comfort, I now can't help but notice, and also do not know why more don't see the blueprint that seems to be being carried out - STILL!

People say that hindsight has 20/20 vision. Which is true. But how much of what has been played out in the last few years really is "hindsight", looking back now?

Seems as if it was already mapped out for anyone who bothered to read the map, but, well..................in a nutshell, HardToGet, my sentiments exactly.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yes, again, puzzling.

Could it be because the information is freely available from their site, in plain sight?

Impossible some org of honourable men would create a blueprint for a new American century of control and be this open about it? Better believe it.

If members new to PNAC read this, a good place to start is

the Wikipedia entry for PNAC

Pay attention to the section "Bush Administration" and how former PNAC founders are in very powerful positions now.

Maybe TinWiki should have an entry for PNAC under NWO........................

[edit on 26-5-2006 by HardToGet]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
This is truly scary. The "less a Pearl Harbor type event" line is a smoking gun for me. I also feel that Iran is the next target based on the research that I have done into the PNAC.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Back in the late 80’s -early 90’s, before Al Gore invented the internet, and such discussions were confined to short wave radio and newsletters like The Spotlight, there was a discussion going on about a ‘new pearl harbor’ type event. I seem to remember that the source was some DC think tank, but I can’t remember the name, or if there was any documentation. The speculation as to what form it might take included planes being flown into buildings, interestingly enough. This was right after GHW Bush started throwing the phrase ‘new world order’ around, and short wave shows like ‘Radio Free America’ were quite popular. I’ve been trying to find some reference to this on the net since PNAC became a topic of discussion, but no luck yet. If there are any other old timers out there that remember this please chime in, I think it would be relevant to the discussion.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ChatBrat

Excellent Idea, I would really like to read this book when you finish it.
A word of advice though: I would not quote wikipedia as a reliable source because it is subject to editing by anyone.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
In February 2003, US Undersecretary of State John Bolton will say in meetings with Israeli officials that he has no doubt America will attack Iraq, and that it will be necessary to deal with threats from Syria, Iran, and North Korea afterward. This is largely unreported in the US media

www.sptimes.com...

[edit on 1-5-2008 by k5v9n]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join