It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raelian Movement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMurphee

Let me enlighten you on the real Rael.

Originally posted by Raelian1

Let me explain how wrong MattMurphee is.

Ummm... i think you proved him right.

Actually the Raelian Movement is about how aliens created all life on Earth including us and how we determine our future. He is referring to Bridgette McCann who took a lot of things out of context and just plain lied about a lot of things. Brainwash spa? You weren't there so you don't know (I actually have been there and you don't have to do anything you don't want to do.) The stupid media (including Bridgette McCann) likes to write negative and erroneous article about us because it sells more newspaper and other media related crap.

So it's not a brainwash spa but an orgy spa... don't think you guys come out shining on this one. Although it's ok 'cause, "you don't have to do anything you don't want to do"... gotcha *wink wink*

Pleasing Raekl isn't mandatory but some of them do that anyway. Nobody has to please Rael when asked but most do because they respect him not idolize or worship him.

Is anyone else creeped out by this? You mean this guys just asks random 'members' to "please him"... and they do this out of respect. Quite a group of "ladies" you've got there.

Wrong yet again. To be a member, you only have to pay a membership fee (All other religions do that as well). Giving apercentage is also voluntary.

I'm a member of the Christian religion and have never had to, or been asked to, pay a membership fee. We do have the "voluntary" contributions part... personally mine goes to charity though. And we ain't got a spa either... ya know i should file a complaint.

About Rael worrying about people wanting to harm him. You're right that for the wrong reasons. Rael is afraid because of unbalanced people who can't understand the Raelian message and these messages are dangerous to France, USA and other countries that want to dominate others.

Interesting choice of words - unbalanced people - guess it's all relative eh?

You guys don't have a weapons stash we need to know about do ya?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Apparently two guys went undercover and filmed a seminar in Las Vegas:
"There are a lot of people (at these seminars) who believe in aliens, and all these beautiful women who will have sex with you even though you're a dork," he said. "And that's why most people were there."
There's also a part where they show the head honcho being critical of gambling and then showing him gambling, though to be fair I guess he's not the first religious leader to do hypocritical things.
www.raelexposed.com...

[edit on 7-2-2006 by ND124]

[edit on 7-2-2006 by ND124]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
At least you had edited out the part whereby you claimed nationally known cult expert Rick Ross declaring them a cult.

Look, i wont defend this man or group, but such news only serves to distract the need for knowledge on UFOs and its occupants. Hypocrisy is everywhere, even in the White House, no mortal man is perfect. Protraying his private life serves no other purpose than to question the intentions of those attempts on whether the message, which has nothing to do with his private life or what he makes of it, is true or not. Just because a man has a flaw, can that be takened everything he does is flawed? Who amongst us is not flawed?

However, those 2 reporters you mentioned arent exactly paragons of virtue themselves. These guys who laudibly claims they want to do a favour for parents and spouses, themselves the decision makers on others' freedom of choice, to expose the Raelians, are nothing more than a bunch of guys who prefers to hump a camera for a living instead of doing honest work like the rest of us. They arent even from networks.

Look at how they are seeking funds to fund their lifestyle! They do make a lot of claims but can their claims be verified? For all the money invested, all they got was illegally obtained pictures of beautiful women and a segment of a man at a weak point which is questionable, for was he even set up for that camera for sensationalism?

As mentioned, I have no love for hoaxers nor should this post be seen as an attempt to defend Rael. All that is needed is objective truth without the spice. I only wrote this post because we need to remain focused, question and analyse everything, even the sources.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I agree 100% with SeekerofTruth101 - some of these posts are nothing but a smear campaign not focusing on the subject at hand. I would really like to see some serious analysis of the 'message to the designers' material as it relates to ET - come on people, pull your socks up!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Smear campaigns are nothing new in the study of UFOs. In the 60s, the various so call 'Projects' initiated by the Air Force to investigate the claims of UFO to reassure the public were nothing more than smear campaigns to prevent the spread of witnesses comming forward with their sightings.

Their technique was to discredit the credibility of the witness, which was an easy and quick thing to do for who doesnt have flaws?, instead of researching on the sightings itself. Simple thing such as a down and out writer with a typewriter, a man who drinks beer at a sundown sighting to owner of hotels who have falling occupancy rates were listed as hoaxers based purely on speculative evidence of motive. Such people were then paraded in public in the newspaper and shamed and ridiculed by others in the community. The sightings were never investigated but lumped as a waste of time to do so for the witness is a flawed human being. Talk about giving a dog a bad name then hang him.

As such, no many dared come forward to report sightings, and the airforce disbanded such investigations as a waste of taxpayer monies, for 80% of their investigations were listed as hoaxes.

If the unspoken law of the land is such that when one comes upon a murder scene and reports the murder, instead of investigating the murder but investigators dwell on the one who reports, with his life history open for all to see and subjected to inconveniences or even ridicule, who would dare do a citizen's duty to report murders?

Therefore we should be more circumspect with any information with regards to UFOs and not follow the quick and easy dispicable techniques used by disinformation agents to discredit the person, but to instead spend more efforts researching the veracity of the claim. Its a thankless task but if one is not up to it, best refrain from commenting it rather than to make disinformation agents job easier to hide the truth from mankind.

Hoaxers will be aplenty, that is why is important to seek for disclosure. With disclosure information, we can then educate the masses and let them take their own responsibilities and decisions in life. As for cults that are harmful to mankind, i am sure the FBI does not take such people lightly and appropriate measures will be in place to stop them if indeed they are forcing or mind controlling others for whatever harmful agenda. Sweeping information under the mat will only make us all trip and fall all over ourselves.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Look to Rael if you want a religion. Do not look to Rael if you are interested in serious ufo research. The level of gullibility one must have to actually think this group is worth looking into so as to further serious ufo research....it boggles the mind. Considering how many people on this board seem to have no lie detector and fell for the SERPO nonsense; my guess is the Raelian figured there were some easy pickings on here. And sadly he's probably right. Anyway, the case of Lonnie Zamora is an example of UFO research. Rael might be interesting from a sociolgical perspective or if you want to join a relatively new religion, but it has no more to do with legitimate ufology than Scientology. Why, when there are so many intriguing cases in ufology, people choose to go down these over the top paths is beyond me. You folks say you have an open mind but what you really have are non-critical minds. There is a big difference. Ufology needs critical minds while those of you who fall for every ridiculous story do nothing but discredit the field.

mod edit: Do not circumvent the censors

[edit on 8-2-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Call me a skeptic all you like, but all i can see in this thread is not the discussing of UFO's/Aliens but of more of a cult recruitment thread.

Not tring to tell the mods how to do their jobs, but i think they should have another look at this thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Call me a skeptic all you like, but all i can see in this thread is not the discussing of UFO's/Aliens but of more of a cult recruitment thread.

Not tring to tell the mods how to do their jobs, but i think they should have another look at this thread

Exacly what im tryin to say.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ND124Ufology needs critical minds while those of you who fall for every ridiculous story do nothing but discredit the field.

Where's your critical mind with regards to this topic then? Your post contained absolutely zero analysis, writing it off as ridiculous and poking the borax at people who "fall" for this stuff... no serious analysis at all. You aren't even prepared to begin. That's how ignorant you come across as.

Then you've got people calling for mods to take a look at this thread and getting hysterical that the topic is religious and a cult recruitment drive. People pressing the panic button. Intimidated. Trying to take control of it to banish it away from the naked eye. These people are also not sensibly discussing the topic at hand. I've been saying all along let's have some serious debate here. If you are just going to rubbish the thread because you don't believe it, really you shouldn't post. Unless getting your point across is so important that it conflicts with your belief system so much you just can't help yourself...well that is mean, and not giving people a fair go.

Personally, I'm not swayed one way or the other. But I'm here to learn, and I think if you're going to criticise it, criticise the material... don't criticise their lifestyles. The Raelian interpretation of the Bible seems to add up. If you're an atheist, and you also are of the opinion we were created by other beings from other worlds...it's an intriguing thing to look into. We see thread-after-thread of people convinced we may be of alien origin, and hybrids... there's a lot of this belief going around. It's an interesting avenue to take... and it's not for the gullible and the weak, it's for those able to think for themselves and not like sheep.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Look, everybody is a bit curious about Raelians - it's a healthy curiosity. Who cares about the wanton sex at their conventions? You can't stop them and the more you are appalled, the more they want to flaunt it.

When you join a cult, you give up individuality. Everybody knows that. I can't help but believe that both sides are getting what they want - the chance to play dumb ass "submission" games with each other!

Meanwhile, the mystery regarding ufo's still remains - unanswered.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Lets determine the objective facts first.

Personally, we have a case here - a purported alien contact report was published. 60,000 people believed enough to join this group.

1. We will need to determined the veracity of the report first - time, location, witnesses, scientific point of view, etc.

2. Study the sociological point why 60,000 people believes his story.

3. Should no.1 be inconclusive, then no.2 is nothing more than an interest group gathering. Nothing wrong with others' beliefs which they are free to subscribe to in our society if it harms no one.

Hoaxers thrive on climates of speculations. The only interest here is to determine the veracity of Rael's message, to see if it can help in our knowledge and understanding of UFOs, not his private life.

So what is Rael's message? Personally, i see it nothing more than an adaptation of Sitchin's work, with an extension to the aspect of prophets which Sitchin did not go into.

However, a question begs on these prophets - if they were from the same crew of aliens, why are their messages so vastly different from each other? Just check the works on writings of these prophets and you will see nothing similiar.

So is Rael pulling a fast one based loosely on the work of others to profit and empower himself? I make no such claims for it is his words and belief system which i have no power no the claim of absolute intelligence to say he is right or wrong. It will just be another data to be kept till full disclosure occurs and such data will be compared.

There is more research into his claims, but unfortunately there is nothing that is outstanding or spectacular compared to other cases to report here, and to be fair, my own study should not be construed as final findings. I and many others would like to hear other findings on the subject, and not necessarilly keen to hear about moonlight orgies or black sabbaths if any.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
C'mon folks, straighten your minds a little. That cult has it's central HQ a few kilometers from my home town, and all what I seen and heard about these people, aside from being a good place to get lkaid with beautiful womens/mens as they are frequently doing free sex parties, is that there are unassuming charlatans who are into a quest of invading and corrupting the system exactly hr same way Scientologists do. Remember the human clones thing in the news? Have any of their "scientists" showed any proofs that they have cloned babies, after 2-3 years? Naaa... they'll never show anything believable as they are FAKE. They even had they very own Disneyland (UFOland) fer chrissake... and I think the whole place closed down because is was just a big uninteresting and cheap looking exhibition center!

[edit on 7/2/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The Raelian movement is a CULT, end of story.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

These people are also not sensibly discussing the topic at hand. I've been saying all along let's have some serious debate here. If you are just going to rubbish the thread because you don't believe it, really you shouldn't post.

Personally, I'm not swayed one way or the other. But I'm here to learn, and I think if you're going to criticise it, criticise the material...

I think this sums the topic at hand up pretty well

We need to take a look at the claims of an Alien Influence on humans and not beat down the people involved in the daily activities of the group.
Lets get back to the original concept of ATS.....
Find the Truth and Deny Ignorance by Questioning EVERYTHING!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Free sex at a raelian convention with beautiful women? Where do I sign up?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Find the Truth and Deny Ignorance by Questioning EVERYTHING!

i believe that Rael also tells his followers this often

also did some eyptmology on the word CULT....

From French culte, Latin cultus (“‘care, adoration’”), or colo, colere, colui, cultum (“‘to cultivate’”).

egoist.blogspot.com...

modern society has given a bad feeling on this word - so any religion is a cult no matter how big or small

remember open discusion and tollerance is the way forward to understanding our plains of existence

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join