It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is *not* the world's fastest growing religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
If you love Jesus, and think he could easily have been born both messianic, and also African or Asian, would other Christians support this view? Was it his crucifixion that mattered, or his lineage?

Why couldn't Confucius be a blonde haired, blue eyed, Nordic? Because, wanting something to be possible doesn't change reality.

Jesus was a Semite (a branch of the Caucasian race), because that was the ethnicity of the Jews.

Did Jesus have to come through the line from Isaac, Jesse, David, etc?

Yes.

Because if so, I'd say the worship of Jesus channels mental fuel toward YHWH, regardless of how you frame Jesus (Son of YHWH) in your mind.

I suppose there is some validity in that as long as He remains YHWH incarnate (which He isn't in Islam), like admiration for the USA would still be possible if one were suffering under the delusion that Washington, Jefferson, etc. weren't white (it would just warp your sense of their writings and subsequent USA history).

Or was it the crucifixion which proves him? Could he have been a perfect ethiopian man and also have redeemed mankind? (or whatever)

No, unless all of YHWH's promises and interaction with the Jews had been with the Ethiopians instead.

Originally posted by smallpeeps I am sure Muslims send out conversion-squads just like Mormons and JWs do. I don't know what they're called.

They're called terrorists, invaders, etc. by the rest of the world. What their term is for what we would call peaceful missionary work, if there is one, I don't know, nor do you, and that alone should disturb you.

Where do you get the term "House of War"?

Their world is divided into Dar al-Islam (House of Islam) and Dar al-Harb (House of War). War has always been their favored, almost only, means of spreading the faith ever since the 'prophet' Muhammed turned to violence in the Koran:

www.findarticles.com...

Originally posted by smallpeepsI see most Muslims as sheeplike and innocent, for the most part. Their religion works for them and they do not crave warfare, but they are being whipped-up toward war. With the cartoons and the recent polarization that's been building.

I'm sure mental illness works 'well' for some people also, but we don't make excuses for them when they see a bumper sticker they don't like, or they aren't shown enough 'respect' on the road by the other drivers, and they start running down pedestrians because they've been "whipped up."

michellemalkin.com...

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Paul of Nisbis]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul of Nisbis
Islam claims the entire earth (you live on Muslim ground, especially if any Muslim has ever set foot in your country), by definition there can be no permanent peace with the "House of War," only a temporary truce until it is in their advantage to go on the offensive again.

I'd be interested to know where you got this. This is the first time I've heard it. Can you give me a few sources/links?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

How then can some Christians be "misled" as you said above? Does "equal footing" mean that when Christ comes back, he'll accept them all, so long as they believe in him?

From my perspective, they are all misled. My prior comment was in reference to Christians who selectively exclude or include competing Christian sects depending on what point they are trying to make. Protestants view the Catholic church as the spawn of Satan except when they're trying to bolster their numbers. I'll repeat again that Christians are not the only ones guilty of this form of special pleading. Even secularists do it.

I agree with you about numbers being shuffled to fit certain viewpoints, btw, but wouldn't you say that the Christian/Muslim breakdown is roughly as described above? That over 50% of the world belongs to these two faiths?

Christianity is not a religion, it is a category that encompasses hundreds or possibly thousands of religions each with a common heritage, but often having nothing else in common. Islam is segmented as well to a much lesser degree.

So, while the numbers may well be true, they are meaningless at best, and generally deceptive. Why are we so obsessed with evaluating the metaphysical beliefs of others?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

spamandham said:

So, while the numbers may well be true, they are meaningless at best, and generally deceptive. Why are we so obsessed with evaluating the metaphysical beliefs of others?

Are you joking? Man, this was not the response I expected from you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

spamandham said:
"As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion..." --George Washington, treaty with the nation of Tripoli on November 4, 1796 and ratified by the United States Senate on June 10, 1797

Which quote shall we take to reflect Washington's true position, the one made as a diplomatic speech trying to convince the Delaware Indians not to join the British, or the one codified into law?

You made the above point in the Anti-Christian Conspiracy thread. I am wondering if it relates to you question above?

You ask me: "Why are we so obsessed with evaluating the metaphysical beliefs of others?" My answer is contained in your quote above. It cannot be said that America is not motivated by some kind of religio-political vision, based on world events.

America is tacitly operating as a crusader for Christianity, and this world view is also confirmed in people outside the US who see Dubya (a Christian) admitting that "God told him to" go do things on a world scale.

George Bush Jr: "God talks to me and tells me what to do."

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

You ask me: "Why are we so obsessed with evaluating the metaphysical beliefs of others?" My answer is contained in your quote above. It cannot be said that America is not motivated by some kind of religio-political vision, based on world events.

America is tacitly operating as a crusader for Christianity, and this world view is also confirmed in people outside the US who see Dubya (a Christian) admitting that "God told him to" go do things on a world scale.

George Bush Jr: "God talks to me and tells me what to do."

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

spamandham said:
Right now sure, but this obsession with the beliefs of others is not new. It goes back to the beginning of recorded history. Note that I did say "we", not "you". I'm just as guilty.

I can see I'll need to describe my point visually. I think I am describing a larger solution for the problem, also:

...Can I not draw a logical conclusion from the data above? The data which you question the relevance of?

I'd say that the fundamental question is the question of the soul, because if it is immortal and subject to rebirth or the law of karma, than that affects both the philosophy of evangelism, and the philosophy of warfare.

You're acting like the data means nothing, but I think I'm describing the futility of that viewpoint. Clearly the data can tell us some things.

If mind-change were implemented worldwide, in regards to each human being and their relationship to the divine, I am saying this current world madness might be halted.

All comments from all members are welcome.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by smallpeeps]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

If mind-change were implemented worldwide, in regards to each human being and their relationship to the divine, I am saying this current world madness might be halted.

Yah, well, good luck with that.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Yah, well, good luck with that.

Thanks. It's not so hard, really. Once people accept the idea that we are all divine, it will happen. It's the dreamworld which should make this obvious to humans: When we dream, western science has convinced us it's just our kooky old brain doing backflips so as to de-program from the days events or something. What hogwash. Dreaming is the key to decoding the reality of rebirth and karma, IMO.

But hey, you were making a point about how the human need to determine each other's religious beliefs is somehow not useful?

Ah, I'm already tired of this thread, as are all Christians and Jews and Muslims. I'll just post one more graphic to make my point:

It is our big skull and our upright, tool-using, family-sustaining selves as humans which makes me sure of humankind's DNA-based "design". We are the guardians of Earth, and we are also responsible for the future state of it. Earth is our home, we humans.

And Abraham is long dead.

Unfortunately for the world, it is his seed, Islam and Jew, who are arming themselves in the mid east and bringing nuclear bombs there. Covertly, it is surely done in the name of their crazy religious ferver over this plot of land, Jerusalem. Why is Jerusalem so important? Just because someone says so? Well who is that someone?

And as I have mentioned here, Christians are hypnotized into thinking that Jesus is somehow not a Jew and not a conduit for worshipful-power being given to his father, the omnipotent, omnitemporal, omnimoral Hebrew God, YHWH.

ATS member Paul of Nisbis says correctly that it was Abraham's tribe who prophesied a messiah for Abraham's tribe, --Not any other tribe led by anyone else whose messiah surely was talked about. So it was Abraham's tribe who prophesied their own messiah (whom they denied to be the REAL messiah, of course) and WHAT DO YOU KNOW?! They do produce a messiah, FOR A THIRD OF THE PEOPLE OF THE MODERN WORLD BUT THEM! How convenient. This supreme pain in the Sanhedrin's rear, Jesus of Nazereth, becomes the biggest star in the sky! He becomes just what they (supposedly) didn't want: He becomes deified.

And in the process of that 2000 year project to deify Christ (which he did not want, but which serves Jewry notheless), Israel eventually gets their Jerusalem state, and also gets the military allegiance of the mighty US.

So the Jews got their Messiah after all, in a round about way: Either way, YHWH wins which has to make Jesus mightily happy, right? I mean if YHWH wins, It's a win for Jesus' dad, yeah?

O wait, didn't I hear Jimmy Carter on NPR talking about how "rapture-type" Christians seem to be deluded in their zionist goals because in the final analysis of their own belief system, every Jew must become Christian or die. In the end, there can be only one king, and that's Jesus.

Now tell me this: Let's say the Islamic/Ishmaelian seed loses a war with the Christian/Isaacian seed. The Christian side somehow "wins" (surely decimating the world in the process), but what then? Can Jews and Christians then agree that Christ was the messiah? Because it'll become quite the question then, won't it?

[edit on 20-2-2006 by smallpeeps]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join