It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why invade iraq and not Iran, Heres why....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Everybody is screaming now that we should have invaded iran or syria instead of Iraq. You have to look at this whole thing in terms of logistics and operational capability for the coming decades.

I believe the US Gov knew that this Islamo-Facism was starting to gain steam and began to plan to set up a middle east region, complete from north to south, east to west and they needed a staging ground. Enter Iraq.

Stategically speaking, Iraq was the perfect launching pad for the entire middle east. They are in pretty much the geographic center of the region and are surrounded by syria and iran. Iraq has coastal access and is also accessible from the Mediterrainean sea. Lets not forget the Persina gulf. A democracy has been set up right in the middle of the problem. Step one aaccomplished.

You also have to remember that Iraq separates Iran and Isreal. So any attack on Isreal from Iran has to go over Iraq. This makes an attack from isreal on iran much easier for Isreal.

I honestly think that the people who are criticizing the government here are have no idea what the US is trying to do.

I believe Iran and syria will be dealt with soon and the WMD's that saddam smuggled out of Iraq will be found.

Train

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
AMEN BROTHER! Since classmates started ridiculing Bush about Iraq and calling him worthless and "not my president" I have been furious with them because they never understood....hell, niether did I. I always thought there was a bigger reason of why we were there. What it was, I could never say. But you my friend have opened my sleepy eyes and I whole heartedly agree with you.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain
You also have to remember that Iraq separates Iran and Isreal. So any attack on Isreal from Iran has to go over Iraq. This makes an attack from isreal on iran much easier for Isreal.

And what does Iran versus Israel have to do with us (i.e., why make it unavoidable for us to be dragged into the middle of it)? If YHWH wants to protect secular Israel (the future HQ of the Antichrist and World Government), he doesn't need the USA to do it. It was always a sin for Israel in the OT to look to Gentile superpowers like Assyria or Egypt to protect it, instead of God Himself. And, it didn't matter if Iraq took over the entire Middle East, they'd still have to sell their oil to us directly or indirectly, and we could buy it far more cheaply than what these wars are costing us.

You can check my various posts to see I am no apologist for Islam. But, I'm no fool either. And Bush's long history with the Bin Laden family, and the CIA's role in creating Al Qaeda, and the events of 911 and what has transpired since, all smack of an inside job to play Islam and the West off against eachother in order to set the stage for the Antichrist, while further enriching and empowering these families in the process.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Paul of Nisbis]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinko1
I always thought there was a bigger reason of why we were there. What it was, I could never say.

How about : OIL.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It is about oil. it is also about keeping people affraid of the boogeyman. Without the USSR (its fall caught these vampires offguard) they needed a new enemy, and have been setting the stage ever since. The beauty behind the war on terror is from the same mindset as the War on Drugs. It never ends. A cash cow for the arms dealers (who are now controling government policy) so they can become more powerful at the expense of you the American taxpayer.

Wake up armchair generals, you are being dupped.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
US invades Iran/gets a hold of our oil which will last for the next firggin 90 decades/ Saudi-arabia is no longer needed/ US sets a new pro-american government in Iran/All oil conracts with Russia and China are gone/China's gets an economic crises mostly from oil reserves and energy/Iran dumps military potential from both China and Russia/Becomes the US biggest arms buyer/Iranian people will once again live in hell with no money,food while only the rest of the 10% population are atleast rich or living in a good life!/ 2nd islamic revolution......

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If it had to do with oil, and the american people were told that their lives would crumble and we would all live in poverty, I dont think the government would have any problem with the US citizens saying, go get the oil. We like our standard of living and if we needed a war for oil, then fine, so be it.

Theres something more important than oil here.

And even if it was only for oil, would you really be against it? Do you want to live like a third world country?

Train

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
See, there's one big glaring fact that makes the point of IRAQ MUTE

Why is it, we can get satellite images of irans nuclear plants, of the construciton occuring around them....

yet, we couldnt get images of these stock piles of weapons?
or the mass convoys shipping them interstate?

Why is it scientists declare Iraq HAD NOTHING?.. are they in the loop?

Im sorry train,
but the US admin has lied to many times, over to many issues for me to believe anything about IRAQ.

and your wrong,
the Americans are in NO WAY, in control of IRaq.

Stupid people, still trying to justify this haneous crime.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The answer HAS TO BE OIL... look at what whappend and look at the people in the Bush Admin.... TOO MANY people are in one way or other connected to the oil industry.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oil is a nice divergence from what's really going on. For decades, the US has been in a race with France, Russia, and a few other European countries to find this superior technology / whatever in the Middle East. We let 9/11 happen so we could make an excuse to get into Iraq, and we've let the Oil conspiracy prevail in order to hide the truth. The WMD Bush talked about is this superior technology - extraterrestrial, chemicals, weapons, devices, whatever. But our government is so afraid that we're diving into a huge war just to make sure the enemy doesn't use it. It's been proposed that nobody has even found the technology - it's possibly buried, and Iran is either going after it or has found the source.

That's my opinion, of course.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Glooper23]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
im sorry train,
but the US admin has lied to many times, over to many issues for me to believe anything about IRAQ.

and your wrong,
the Americans are in NO WAY, in control of IRaq.

Stupid people, still trying to justify this haneous crime.

I forgot, you are in a position to tell when someone lied. You have absolutely no idea whether Bush lied or not, you're just listening to the dems cry foul for a political gain. Everybody knows iraq HAD weapons and they never found the so-called destroyed weapons, so gee, where did they go?

Americans control Iraq with ease. Suicide bombing is not a loss of control.

Train

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Why would the US need Iraq for a staging ground in the Middle East when it had a bunch of bases in that area before hand.

It already had bases in

Saudi Arabia
Kuwait
United Arab Emirates
Qatar

Along with a bunch of Carriers that are pretty much bases any where there is a ocean or sea with a host of other naval ships and subs that can strike from hundreds of miles away. Then you also have the ablilty to strike anywhere in the world from the US with weapons like the B-2.

How many bases do you need for the Middle east?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Why would the US need Iraq for a staging ground in the Middle East when it had a bunch of bases in that area before hand.

It already had bases in

Saudi Arabia
Kuwait
United Arab Emirates
Qatar

Along with a bunch of Carriers that are pretty much bases any where there is a ocean or sea with a host of other naval ships and subs that can strike from hundreds of miles away. Then you also have the ablilty to strike anywhere in the world from the US with weapons like the B-2.

How many bases do you need for the Middle east?

We had bases, but I don't believe they would've been adequate to fight a Middle Eastern war. First, we needed a reason to fight (Iraq War) and secondly, we needed not only our troops but the physical support of the natives and the political support from the UN.

That's my opinion, of course.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Glooper23]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I honestly believe that because of the Iraq war, we are having more trouble in dealing with Iran... I mean, look at it in the eyes of the general public and the eyes of the rest of the world.

The reasons for invading Iraq were quite simple: they held WMDs. After the war, no WMDs were found (WHICH DOES NOT mean that Iraq had no WMDs... but many people fail to realize this and jump to the conclusion that Iraq had no WMDs). To worsen this, the intelligence that was presented in justifying the war in Iraq had many errors.

Because of this, it would definately be harder to convince the public and the rest of the world in a justification in dealing with Iran, even if the evidence is pretty cut and dry. I'm all for stopping the tyrannical leaders of Iran, but it would definately be an issue now with the support of the president and with all the anti-war stagings that are going around in this country because of the invasion of Iraq.

If we did not go into Iraq, we might possibly have dealt with the Iranians already.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
The reasons for invading Iraq were quite simple: they held WMDs. After the war, no WMDs were found ).
[edit on 6-2-2006 by k4rupt]

Thats one thing I can never figure out when people talk about these evil cabals setting up the events Like 9-11 and WMD intel that lead to going into Iraq.

Where was this super powerful Cabal when there was no WMDs found. Planting a single WMD in Iraq after the invasion would be childs play compared to half of these other plots.

If WMDs were found it would have been justification for invading in many peoples eyes. Getting into a country is one thing keeping public support through the long haul is another and just as important, Vietnam taught us that.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Getting into a country is one thing keeping public support through the long haul is another and just as important, Vietnam taught us that.

Vietnam taught us that keeping public support through the long haul is more important than getting into the country. Keeping public support is not JUST as important, it is MORE important. To quote a jouranlist, "We lost the war in the Mississippi Valley, not the Mekong Valley."

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain
I honestly think that the people who are criticizing the government here are have no idea what the US is trying to do.

We're not critisising the government for invading the wrong country...we're critisising the US government for sticking the face of the US where it doesn't belong, and starting useless wars to kill countless thousands, and waste countless billions of taxpayers money.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
We would have been well advised to build up our defense, improve the education, health, and well-being of our citizens, and show the world that we will not let a bunch of crazed terrorists destroy us.

Instead, we acted on fear and are running scared killing everything in our sights. At the same time, our education and health care are being neglected, millions are sufferring, and it's simply getting worse, in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join