It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAV Corax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

hi just been doing a bit of research on the google about this project and i'm getting various information about it!!

some websites say it is a 'fighter' aircraft and some say it is a 'spy' plane

does anyone ACTUALLY know what type of aircraft this is??
---
ive also found this website:-

en.wikipedia.org...

and just been looking through the british projects!! - UAV Mercator looks quite cool

anyone got any info about this?? - i can't find too much info about this project either.

anyway ttyl

Mod Edit: Coverted Links To Images.

[edit on 5/2/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It is safe to say that it is merely a technology demonstrator aircraft. It demonstrates technology that is relevant to both recce and strike UAVs.

The wing shape of the CORAX is suited to high altitude relatively slow flight -more like a spyplane (which Britian is known to be interested in). It could also be enlarged to form a stand-off and limited strike bomber but would lack the speed of J-UCAS/Neuron class interdictor/strike UAVs. Having said that, a derived UAV with a different wing plan could make a credible UCAV.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This was tested alot out at warton in Lancashire in 1994, especially during early evening.
Myself and my fiancee often saw this at medium altitude through binos, and the thing that gets me is there is a variant with sharply swept wings as well which no piccie of has been released as they would often be seen together in formation about 800 feet apart.

In your picture its interesting to see the body / wing join is very distinct. Maybe its a modul;ar wing system like HIMAT in the 80's?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
1994???? The COREX didn't fly until 2004. Maybe you're thinking of something else.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
yeah us brits are nosey *beeeeeps*

we always like to know other peoples business, so sounds about right for us!!

anyway cheers m8

Originally posted by planeman

more like a spyplane (which Britian is known to be interested in).

[edit on 5-2-2006 by st3ve_o]

[edit on 5-2-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Man I had a moment there typing! lol it was late at night and i was to skip back two years to 2004, but put 1994...sorry about that.

Myself and my fiancee both love aviation and spent alot of time down in the dunes near warton to watch the euro fighter.
One of the best sightings of the unmanned stuff we had was an unexpected daylight flight of three of the swept wing variant UCAV's flew out of warton with a tornado about one minute behind, all taking the same heading out over the irish sea in a steep climb. The picture may make this look a slow craft, but it sure can shift even when its climbing steep.

new topics

top topics

join