It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A great example of US government PsyOps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The NSA has develped a site for kids to teach them how to become codemakers and codebreakers. The site is called cryptokids and features a handfull of cartoon caracters. While checking the site out I came across a page about language rules. Each rule is accompanied by a small example. The first couple are innocent enough but it get intersting at the end.

3-Letter Combos

* The MOST COMMON 3-Letter combinations found in the English language are:
ION, AND, ING, THE, ENT
Examples include:
UNION DISBANDING STOP TIMING THE DESCENT STOP

[EDIT] Source - Cryptokids

'Union disbanding. Timing the descent.'

What the hell is a phrase like that doing on a childrens site? Though it doesnt target a specific union, I wouldnt doubt Coporate America... err sorry the US government would like to see them all go.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Xibalba]

ed to use ex instead of quote for exernal quote.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
How is this any different than the crypto games in every sunday paper?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Dronetek
How is this any different than the crypto games in every sunday paper?

A sunday paper cryptogram is designed as entertainment and for all ages. And the subject matter of the sunday cryptograms are things such as popular movie quotes or something. The Sunday paper and also the company that provides the funnies, games, and puzzles are private businesses and can express any opinons or ideas they want.

This is a US government website targeted at children. And for the most part, there is nothing wrong with it. Its just the last example on that page that I think is inappropriate for not only the targeted group but also for a government agency webpage in general.

join