It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone pussyfoot around Islam?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Would it take 700 million to get you to take action or would you wait to they are on your street before you did something about it. The fact we can discuss this on ATS is a freedom - one that if ever a muslim run world came to pass we could not. No satyre - No questioning religion - No basic freedoms. These guys are fighting for a cause to bring down the west any way they can.

Support the Danes. Support free thought. Or at the very least get a sense of humour allah.

As for deporting muslims we have laws which support freedom which makes this type of thing hard to do. So why do these guys who hate europe so much, just not upsticks and go home to sunny wherever because its better here than there. End of.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Would it take 700 million to get you to take action or would you wait to they are on your street before you did something about it. The fact we can discuss this on ATS is a freedom - one that if ever a muslim run world came to pass we could not. No satyre - No questioning religion - No basic freedoms. These guys are fighting for a cause to bring down the west any way they can.

Support the Danes. Support free thought. Or at the very least get a sense of humour allah.

As for deporting muslims we have laws which support freedom which makes this type of thing hard to do. So why do these guys who hate europe so much, just not upsticks and go home to sunny wherever because its better here than there. End of.

no it would not take 700 million. you people are ignorant because you want to start not only a war or terror, but a war on islam, a war on religion. you know how incredibly ignorant and nazi like that sounds? what are you suggesting we go out and get all the muslims and throw them in concentration camps because an extreme minority are violent? 1 million would be hardly enough for me to start a war on islam or religion, 1.4 billion would be enough for me to start that kind of war, not one innocent person we declare war on because of what religion they believe in.

rdx

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I completely agree with your sentiments and have felt that way for some time. It is my contention that whoever you are, if you choose to live in this great country, then you abide by its customs and laws. We are fortunate enough to live in one of the most democratic and free countries in the world.

Democracy and Freedom come at a price. They are not gifts, neither can they be bought. They have to be earned through duty and responsibility.

Quite simply - if people don't like our way of life - then don't come - if they are already here - then they can leave. It really is that simple.

It appears to be the case that the Muslim population has no desire whatsoever to assimulate or in any way accept our way of life. This will at some point become a major threat to civil order.

Maybe they would all be happier if we paid for their bus fare to Iran or Afganistan?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
You are not qualified to debate this topic anyhow. Sorry. You are a non -believer in the truest sense of the word, and do not belive in any god let alone Jehova....Hate is the Liberal catchword for " I don't agree with you and don't have the guts to argue" the Truth.

Now, let me see if i got this one straight; he becomes disqualified to compare religions because he is not a follower of either?
In that case, how should anyone be able to reach any sort of peace or agreement interculturally?

To claim that ones own side is the only one who knows what is really right is just the kind of justification one hears from muslim extremists at the moment considering the cartoons. It is one of the more populair ways to make the opposing side "not agree with you and not have the guts to argue" (i mean "hate").

When neither parts seem to be able to recognize the understandig of eachother, the conflict escalates.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod

no it would not take 700 million. you people are ignorant because you want to start not only a war or terror, but a war on islam, a war on religion. you know how incredibly ignorant and nazi like that sounds? what are you suggesting we go out and get all the muslims and throw them in concentration camps because an extreme minority are violent? 1 million would be hardly enough for me to start a war on islam or religion, 1.4 billion would be enough for me to start that kind of war, not one innocent person we declare war on because of what religion they believe in.

You mention nazis yet if you read what i'd said Our laws make it extremely difficult to deport people. Our government don't do deporting they offer free speech to a degree just don't say your going to start beheading us please.

We don't go around burning down embassies because we don't like cartoons and have an extremely anal sense of humour if any. If you don't like living here with our laws and ways then sod off back to wherever and yes we will pay the fare. Thank goodness that nut dressed as a suicide bomber is back inside and every other evil placard waving idiot should join him.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
i guess your right, what we are suggesting is grouping them up and having them put in harsh conditions...thats already where they are living though so i guess youd just rather kill them. i mean your justifying punishing all muslims because of a small minority of extremists so i guess what you saying is that they all deserve to die. i mean for some extremist that would be the consequences for what they have done...but what goes for one goes for all in your logic. islam isnt an individual person, its many different people who are much different then eachother following a similar religion, most not aggressive. i didnt condem every catholic person when timothy mcveigh went a blew up that building killing 136 people. i didnt say they deserve to be deported because of one catholics act. simply because justice is for the person who commits the crime, not the religion the person is affiliated with.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
When people in the West say such extream things such as kill/deport/move/whatever ALL Muslems, dont they infact become what they hate? Extreamists?

Because if you even say anything like that it just shows you're prejudice.
And you would be prejudice due to a lack of understanding (Ignorance) or else you are just truly evil if you fully understand and still hate.

Instead of jumping to emotions, look at everything from all partys points of view:

Many Muslems are upset because the Prophet Muhammad was depicted wearing a turban shaped as a bomb with a burning fuse. A very very few are causing riots, Now... How would we feel if Iraq depicted Jesus in a tank about to kill some innocent civilians? We would be upset, and a few crazy people WOULD WANT TO start riots.

Flip the Script.
If you were them, and you realized that the West was in one way or another indirectly responsible for the conflict their region (**Iraq wars** [justified or not], the Ayatollah Khomeini's authoritarian rule, Iran-Contra Affair, Establishment of Israel ect, you would already be pissed. And the people who would want to riot would indeed do it.

**After the first Iraq war, the Iraqi Kurds started to rise up agenist Saddam because we acted like we would support this, but then we left them hanging and they were killed and Saddam was still in power, this is a perfect example of what I mean.** A U.S. airstrike on a suspected Al Qaeda hideout in Pakistan near the Afghan border that killed at least 17 people targeted Ayman al-Zawahri, but the suspect wasn't there. 3,000 Western civilians died on 9/11. 30,000 Middle Easterns died in the Iraq war.

What I am saying is we shouldnt be so quick to judge people just try to understand them and fix the problem. The rioters/protesters are telling us that there is a problem, you say they are the problem, they say you are a problem, we both need to be fixed.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Tasketo]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There's an anstonishing lack of perspective on this thread. The majority of posters are reflecting badly on their own racist views based on filtered news reports and sensationalist press coverage.

I think the starting point for this thread and Alien's assertions are mainly false as shown by Devilwasp and others.

FWIW UK 'whites' regularly desecrate mosques and jewish cemeteries, abuse muslims in the street etc etc - so the assumption 'muslims=bad people & christians=good people is at best slanted, at worst vile propoganda

Starting a thread this way, like toilets, seems to bring out the worst in people.

Beachcoma - thanks for your perspective, I've visited your country and was amazed at how so many religions peacefully co-existed, not in 'ghettos' but truly mixed - I asked a muslim taxi driver whether this was just a tourist's perspective or whether everyone really got on - he replied it was real and that everyone got to go to each other's festivals and then reeled off; about 5 festivals etc which all happened over a couple of weeks.

Malaysian society's a true lesson for the world, bend a little, treat as you find and celebrate the difference.

We're all human and we all share the same concerns and ultimate fate - life is literally too short for hatred.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What Islamics want is full Ethnic Cleansing. Either you convert to their way of religious beliefs or you leave this world permanently!

You believe in Life after Death????

You believe in reincarnation?

Have you talked to anyone who died and was reborn? Are they Mister Ed (the Horse?)?

Get with it! When they cut your head off, you ain't coming back!

Ethnic Cleanse them before they do US!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Malaysian society's a true lesson for the world, bend a little, treat as you find and celebrate the difference.
by Strangerous:-

Not to cast aspersions on Malaysia, i would advise you to further study into this country before you hold it up as role model and a way a muslim nation should be.

No country is perfect i must add, but human rights is universal, and each nation must never forget itsimmigrants who helped the nation progress or the original owners of the land. But certainly i must say its leaders are doing its best to prevent radicalism while appeasing the village louts clamouring for a harkening back to the desert way of life.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hey grimreaper797:

You say only a minority of Islamics are terrorizing which may be true, but ............................... consider this: there were what 11-13 terrorists that brought down the twin towers and possibly 2 other planes?

How many Islamics were arrested for harboring them while they were here before they committed their crimes?

You see the Terror organization goes even deeper than you think. From what you see on the surface and who is making the news, that is the minority. You still have one heck of a lot of others supporting and financing them all over the world.

Hamas has been found to finance some of the terrorist activites too! As long as there are those who support, finance and participate in the terroristic activities and they remain unseen and protected by those other Islamics (the so-called righteous ones) who remain being seen, and nothing is done about all of them, then there is no end to the war.

Want to get rid of terrorists? Start with Ethnic Cleansing here or force them to give up their comrades or jihaddists or terrorists. Use Truth serum to get it out of them if need be and then close the deals! Eliminate the religion if no cooperation and use serum to back up and verify!

I'm not trusting anymore? YOU BET I"M NOT! I'm tired of the religious LIES!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Maybe perpestives on this thread are out of whack, but it seems to me the beheadings happened in the Middle East and have been happening for quite some time. The American beheadings are depicted on TV for shock treatment to try and get us to leave the Middle East.

Hey Strangerous: When was the last time you were in the Middle East like Iraq or Eastern Turkey? (borders on Iran) Seems as if Westerners are easy pickings over there since Western visitors are not allowed to carry weapons over there, but happen to be amongst the troops even under fire! The KTWU reporter who got back from Iraq, just recently, related that story. Plus his expenses were all his own too!

Also this reporter said he looked a terrorist right in the eye and there is so much hatred from them that it is unnerving! He says all they want to do is kill you. That is how they are trained, like Pavlov's dogs!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebelrider
Hey Strangerous: When was the last time you were in the Middle East like Iraq or Eastern Turkey? (borders on Iran) Seems as if Westerners are easy pickings over there since Western visitors are not allowed to carry weapons over there, but happen to be amongst the troops even under fire! The KTWU reporter who got back from Iraq, just recently, related that story. Plus his expenses were all his own too!

Also this reporter said he looked a terrorist right in the eye and there is so much hatred from them that it is unnerving! He says all they want to do is kill you. That is how they are trained, like Pavlov's dogs!

How many counties do you know where you can take your own weapons? You certainly can't bring them to my country (although a few of your guys try).

So a reporter with troops (an occupying force to some) gets shot at? What does that prove?

Prior to your (and our) invasion of Iraq reporters were quite safe in the streets - the population then were still muslim

You invade my country and I'll hate you, try and kill you - I suspect you'd do the same.

Are you saying all Muslims are trained using Pavlovian methods?

Is it not just possible that Iraqis who resent your invasion and tactics are NOT representative of Muslims?

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

by Strangerous:-

Not to cast aspersions on Malaysia, i would advise you to further study into this country before you hold it up as role model and a way a muslim nation should be.

No country is perfect i must add, but human rights is universal, and each nation must never forget itsimmigrants who helped the nation progress or the original owners of the land. But certainly i must say its leaders are doing its best to prevent radicalism while appeasing the village louts clamouring for a harkening back to the desert way of life.

Dude, I live in Malaysia!

But you are right, no country is perfect, and we have our controversies. But for the most part our leaders have done pretty well in stemming radicallism.

I remember back in '98 or '99 when the US criticized us for our Internal Security Act, which was set up way way back during the 50s to deal with communist insurgents. Now the Great U.S. of A. have their own version, The Patriot Act!

Edit: Whoops! You weren't talking to me

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Beachcoma]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Hey grimreaper797:

You say only a minority of Islamics are terrorizing which may be true, but ............................... consider this: there were what 11-13 terrorists that brought down the twin towers and possibly 2 other planes?

How many Islamics were arrested for harboring them while they were here before they committed their crimes?

You see the Terror organization goes even deeper than you think. From what you see on the surface and who is making the news, that is the minority. You still have one heck of a lot of others supporting and financing them all over the world.

Hamas has been found to finance some of the terrorist activites too! As long as there are those who support, finance and participate in the terroristic activities and they remain unseen and protected by those other Islamics (the so-called righteous ones) who remain being seen, and nothing is done about all of them, then there is no end to the war.

Want to get rid of terrorists? Start with Ethnic Cleansing here or force them to give up their comrades or jihaddists or terrorists. Use Truth serum to get it out of them if need be and then close the deals! Eliminate the religion if no cooperation and use serum to back up and verify!

I'm not trusting anymore? YOU BET I"M NOT! I'm tired of the religious LIES!

right now i wish i had the freedom to find out where you lived and kick you right in your mouth, but i dont and wont go down to that level anyway.

and timothy mcveigh? what do you make of him? there was only 2 in that plot, killed 136 people including kids.

you do know most of them were from saudi arabia....so where was the saudi arabia war? wait a minute...there was none because the government has ties with saudi arabia. before you start pulling 9/11 out i suggest you read that 1. osama denied being part of that 2. the only video footage of osama admiting to 9/11 is fake, you can tell by facial features, especially the nose. 3. respected physicists are coming out saying that the towers couldnt have been brought down by planes (jet fuel)

you act like im ignorant to what goes on, you havent ever scratched the surface, your just kicking the dirt around. it shows greatly, do alot more studying in history and come back to me.

i would like to get rid of terrorists but id be arrested because we cant kill racists like you.

im sorry i must go, your racist filth i just cant stand anymore

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
ENOUGH!

Lose the personal attacks. Keep it on topic. If I see any more talk about wishing people could find out where others live so they could kick them in the face all or anything along those lines, you'll be getting warnings.

If you can't behave and stay on the topic then this thread will be closed.

Be civil in your discussions. There's no need to make it personal and be mean to eachother.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Bin Laden offered us peace, we (U.S) didnt even consider it, we just trashed it. This was a great tragedy, we could have had peace and understanding of the Islamic world. All they want us to do is to stop having such a heavy hand in their region. This is what caused 9/11. This is what pissed Bin Laden off. He is a freedom fighter in the eyes of many and a terrorist to the eyes of others.

We could have had peace under fair conditions. These conditions could have been worked out with Bin Laden and Moderate Muslems and Westerners. We could have listed to each other and figured out what the problems are.... The problems are Westerners (US/UK mostly) have a heavy hand in their region that has caused much conflict. (Look at my last post)

We are all tied of bloodshead, no one really wants to fight but Middle East isnt going to stop, and we arnt going to stop untill they stop. So we are in a never ending cycle of bloodshead. We need to stop fighting, realize that this wont end, and work something out with the moderates and extreamists and hopefully we would be able to moderate the extreamists.

Shouldnt this tell us something?

Want to get rid of terrorists? Start with Ethnic Cleansing here or force them to give up their comrades or jihaddists or terrorists.

Force them by reasoning with leaders to stop Jihad. And reason with our own leaders to stop causing causing conflicts. Then after things lighten up a bit, start positive religious/cultural diffusion and then soon, we wont be called "Crusaders" but instead we will be called "people of the book"

Then maby we can all realize the we worship the same God weather God's name is "Yahweh" or "Allah" its still the same. Its God!

The is the only way I can see there being beace with Israel. Is if Israel/Palestine becomes one nation known not offically as israel or palestine, but wrather just "The holy lands" were everyone is free to worship everywhere freely but this seems like something out of a fairy tell, but why cant it happen if the moderates speak up agenist extreamists? (on both sides) If everyone were to "Turn the other cheek" this would indeed happen. If this were to happen it could potentally start a golden age for humanity because religion wouldnt be dividing humans it would be uniting us, This is the ultimate Truth. This is what God wants, and the NWO knows this.

But this aint gonna happen there is too much business in the ME for the US to not have a heavy hand in. Big Buisness secrewes the world over.
and the NWO dont want us to worship God, they want us to worship Money. Money is the cause of all evil. Money is what limits Humans.Big Business is evil's tool. And Big Business runs the world.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Tasketo]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
ENOUGH!

Lose the personal attacks. Keep it on topic. If I see any more talk about wishing people could find out where others live so they could kick them in the face all or anything along those lines, you'll be getting warnings.

If you can't behave and stay on the topic then this thread will be closed.

Be civil in your discussions. There's no need to make it personal and be mean to eachother.

this discussion started off as a personal attack to any muslim, it should have been closed right from the start, racist trash shouldnt be allowed on here.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
this discussion started off as a personal attack to any muslim, it should have been closed right from the start, racist trash shouldnt be allowed on here.

Racist? I didn't know Muslims were a race.

Regardless, the way to combat HATE is not with more hate.

If you percieve the first post to be hateful, that's fine, but it does NOT give you permission to be hateful to your fellow members HERE on ATS, grim.

Do you understand?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
alright fine not racists, just nazi like, which to me is just as bad. he says we should exterminate a religion, i find that highly offensive.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join