It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Islam espouse violence?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Religion, scripture if you will, can be taught and interpreted any number of ways. To fault the many, for the actions of what may be a small percentage of the many, seems to be as wrong as what we non-muslims are so angry about.

Over the course of the past few hours, I've thought this over, and am attempting to moderate my stance. Will I be successful? Probably up until the next suicide bomber sends him/herself to Allah along with a bunch of innocents. Oh well, I'm not perfect.

Should we be angry, and concerned over events of the past few decades? Of course. However, tarring the many for the actions of the few isn't justified.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Lets just say that when Islam was born, it wasn't peaceful. Muhammed was fighting between Mecca and Medina, and later on his successors decided to spread from Europe, to North Africa, and Asia under the banner of Islam.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is all very true, but over the course of time the views of a majority of a belief system can change. Large majorities of Christians claim to have moderated their views since the days of the Inquisition, and I am sure they have. So why not give the probable majority of Muslims the same benefit of the doubt, while saving our anger for the ones truely deserving of it?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Looky there! the Steelers won another Super Bowl. Good for them. Regardless of the outcome, the refreshments were going to insure that my usually lousy typing was going to be worse than normal, so please, have patience. I am afraid that any attempt to edit will only make matters worse.

Iam excited to expose these lies and misinformation soon. Thomas Crowne you are the worst history teller ever. You dismiss huge chunk of history and add rumores into the remaining of it.
Right now Iam busy .. but I will talk about that in a new thread soon....

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Deep Blue. Dude, don't leave us hangin'. I thought long quotes like that were beyond the pale? Kinda like this short post

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Aw, Deep Blue, really?
You know what we have, though? I mean, besides attempts at history revisionism by those who haven't given up hope of doing their master's bidding and taking over the world - we have continuous evidence of the ongoing violence, done in Allah's name. Well, Allah and Muhammad, anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Noooo, no way any violence could be done in the name of Islam! No!

ANKARA, Turkey — A teenage boy shot and killed the Italian Roman Catholic priest of a church in the Black Sea port city of Trabzon on Sunday, shouting "God is great" as he escaped, according to police and witnesses

www.foxnews.com...

An interesting picture, it says quite a bit:

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Christianity is a agressive religion because the new born Christian Bush started a Crusade agianst terror, names countries as rogue states and forces people to commit 2 his views of what is good (democraty)

Is this not a same as calling islam a violent religion?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Matthew 10:34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Luke 12:51
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Luke 22:36
He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Your first post in the thread made no snese, as it was we who were attacked, and we are targeting those who kill us. Remember, it was a cowardly attack against civilians in buildings and planes.

As far as Christ speaking, put into context, and to whom he was speaking. Neither example are examples of how we, the Christians, are to treat others.

Still, the thought is whether or not Islam espouses violence. This is not only true, but also true that a good number of Muslims also believe this, enough to kill themselves to kill infidels. This is not to be said about Christians or Jews, or any other religion that I see today.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Boy that George Bush sure does get around doesn't he. He was even behind the stuff that occured before he was in office. Wow. A crusade, huh? Actually, he has been very, very careful not to say that very word, because of the bad vibes connected with it in the Middle East. But one so knowing should already know that.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Your first post in the thread made no snese, as it was we who were attacked, and we are targeting those who kill us. Remember, it was a cowardly attack against civilians in buildings and planes.

As far as Christ speaking, put into context, and to whom he was speaking. Neither example are examples of how we, the Christians, are to treat others.

Still, the thought is whether or not Islam espouses violence. This is not only true, but also true that a good number of Muslims also believe this, enough to kill themselves to kill infidels. This is not to be said about Christians or Jews, or any other religion that I see today.

God spoke 2 Bush and Bush killed thousands of Iraqies.
15 Saudi's alledgely attack the US so thousands of Afghani's are killed?
Where was the other cheek?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

the thought is whether or not Islam espouses violence. This is not only true, but also true that a good number of Muslims also believe this, enough to kill themselves to kill infidels.

show me where in the Quran we are told to kill infidels, without the context being war.
thank you in advance

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Noooo, no way any violence could be done in the name of Islam! No!

ANKARA, Turkey — A teenage boy shot and killed the Italian Roman Catholic priest of a church in the Black Sea port city of Trabzon on Sunday, shouting "God is great" as he escaped, according to police and witnesses

www.foxnews.com...

An interesting picture, it says quite a bit:

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

no way could this be done in the name of christianity. oh im sorry yes it is under the freedom of speach kkk members are allowed to run around america preaching hatred against minorities on behalf of christianity and america.

[img]http://www.[hate-site-nolink]/forum/showthread.php?t=181494&page=3[/img]

the double standards are amazing.

oh yeah and what about the IRA christian terror group that has been linked to terror attack against oposition christian groups in n.ireland :

funny thing is when christians like IRA and KKK kill, murder,loot,rampage, terrorize they are only representatives of themselves but when a muslim does something for he/she is a representative for every muslim on earth even muslims that are not even there sect of islam. muslims have been donouncing these extremists and there protests on the news in briton and even encouraged the police to lock these people up but for some reason in america people arnt concerned witht the other half of the story and only the half that suits there agenda.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

show me where in the Quran we are told to kill infidels, without the context being war.
thank you in advance

Show me where in Quran it speaks of deliberately taking ones life in the very deliberate process of killing innocent men, women and children -- non-combatants and, in the case of the targeted Iraqi citizens, good Muslims. There are over one hundred thousand American and coalition forces in Iraq yet for the express purpose of creating terror, innocent people are being attacked and killed.

Please don't use the argument that Americans are killing innocent men, women and children as well. This argument is merely deflecting the answer to my query. Besides, it would be rather ridiculous to raise this as any type of defense. Killing ones own people as a defense against the Americans and then justifying this because the Americans also kill innocent Iraqis is an inane exercise and is quite invalid.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

ECK, BS! There is no where that Chritianity is being the rally cry for any war, terror, or killing. This, on the other hand, is the case in regard to Islam.
This can also be totally validated through the Qu'ran and associated hadiths, but the same cannot be so with the Bible.

When a lunatic does something and claims to be a christian, it is note-worthy. When the same occurs in the name of Islam, it is routine, nowadays.

The two cannot be compared with any sense of logic or rationality. To try to do so is grasping at straws.

As my dear old friend used to say, "Jesus, save me from your followers."

TC, I find it most bizarre that the rhetoric eminating from today's Christian right is so intolerant, bellicose and so lacking in humility. Hardly Christ-like behavior. And then there's their solid support for endless war against terrorists (read ARABS). As a Christian, it is chilling to see. But then again, the end-time prophecies make alot more sense to me now.

It doesn't matter who, or what church, or political party/nation is spewing the venom, its not acceptable. Just like there are Christians all over this country who are not war mongers and hypocrits, the same can be said for adherants of any other religion.

There are lunatics in every group.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop
Mohammed is the only major religious figure in the last 2000 years that actually killed his critics and enemies. Think about it, A MURDERER leading a religion?!?

On Jesus' philosophical right-hand man:

Before his conversion on the road to Damascus, Saul (the Apostle Paul) sought out believers in Christ and executed them. I often wonder how that would fly today. That would be like, say, David Koresh or Jim Jones rehabilitating their image to the tune of leading a mega-church and world-wide ministry.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'll add my nickels worth here (2 cents allowing for inflation). Most of us posting here, with a few exceptions, do realize that not all Arabs are terrorists, and that not all terrorists are Arabs. Just the more vocal and spectacular ones.

It's not a bunch of blonde swedes running around burning down buildings.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Is that why the whole "you're either with us or against us" spiel played so well down south? Was it the religious mentality being played to?

Hey now! No reason to go slingin that 'down south' mud!

I assure you, there are just as many retards and rednecks all across these great United States and in between. I've seen 'em.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Lets just say that when Islam was born, it wasn't peaceful.

Whatya know, D-boy, we actually agree on something.

Muhammad's (and I don't know how to spell his name) philosophy was pretty much my way or the highway, from what I've learned. I'd say, but what religion hasn't been?

I know Jesus Christ is called the Prince of Peace; and I believe in his revolution; but, far too many people in the church leave HIM in the dust, and the faith becomes perverted.

Don't ever confuse Jesus with a pope.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join