It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MABUS....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
the famous NOSTRADAMUS (RIP 1566) wrote about MABUS; century 2, quatrain 62:

Mabus...possibly the 3rd antichrist, to come?

the closest interpretation i've come across so far is by John Hogue ...google up Hogue Prophecies....

"The man we know as MABUS may be some obscure future terrorist who, if he is not identified and restrained in time, will trigger WWIII and the extinction of civilization as we have known it."
~~~~

then he goes off on a 'hunt' for a contemporary Mabus..
by some contortions-->SADDAM (Hussein) is revealed
or by other stretches--> BUSH (George W) is offered...

having looked in lots of places, I wonder why no-one has ventured that ['USAMa Bin ladin']--> albiet, liberties with exclusion of letters/ BUT, lacking anagram gymnastics, reversing letters, or any number of 'tricks' to sculpture a desired result....
.USAMa Bin ladin... is my toss at the dartboard.

which does
contain the 'M-A-B-U-S' (concealed/occult) name !!!
also, satisfying the 'terrorist' character of this 'destroyer'
[soon to wear title al Mahdi & bring Black Wind to infidels]

is that TOO obvious?? & won't sell books??

i just scratch my head and wonder.......
is this part of the conspiracy??

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
*15,15*
riffraff, are you suggesting the "first AND second AntiChrist have already come?

Please state your interpretation....

Tass *40*

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Good stuff!

yeah I was into Nostradamus a while back.

also pondered who Mabus might be.

I thought it was Saddam also, but have to agree that Osama makes a case also.

certainly either of these two fools would be good candidates.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   

riffraff, are you suggesting the "first AND second AntiChrist have already come?

Please state your interpretation....

Yes, from the point of view of Nostradamus... Even in the specials, Napaleon is seen as the first, and Hitler as the second...

As for Mabbas or Mabus...

Write mabbas and hold it up to a mirror (remember Nostradamus divined using a bowl of water...)
What do you get?

There was a terrorist in the 80's with a similar name as well... Osama doesn't quite fit the bill...for the next antichrist (according to Nostradamus) is a little more slick and subtle in his machinations, and will rally the arab nations to his cause. Osama is not exactly loved by many in the middle east either...especially since his actions resulted in the current occupations of both Afghanistan and Iraq....
Not to mention, none of them have been seen sportin' a blue turban....

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
*15,15*
You've got me there Knight...
wow!!

mabbas=saddam

That's very, very interesting...
I guess I'll have to go read up on Nostradamus..
One last thing... I like Napolean!
- Tass *40*

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Interesting. I think you are onto something here.
I need to brush up on my Nostradomus, I have not read any of his stuff for a long time.
I am not the most overly critical person, however I have always been quite sceptical of Nostradomus because his predictions are so vague and like your 3.99 a minute psychic, his predictions can fit into many situations if you want them to.

You are going to travel soon.
A man of power will wage war in a holy land
You are going to have to make a choice that will effect the rest of your life.
someone is lying to you.
Your life sucks.

[Edited on 3-10-2003 by NephraTari]

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm still stuck at the part of the bible that says NOBODY except god will know the true identity of the antichrist.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Actually, you should take a look at the FULL text:

C2Q61
Bravo, ye of Tamins, Gironde and La Rochelle:
O Trojan blood! Mars at the port of the arrow
behind the river the ladder put to the fort,
points to fire great murder on the breach.

C2Q62
Mabus then will soon die, there will come
of people and beasts a horrible rout:
Then suddenly one will see vengeance,
hundred, hand, thirst, hunger when the comet will run.

C2Q63
The Gauls Ausonia will subjugate very little,
Po, Marne and Seine Parma will make drunk:
He who will prepare the great wall against them,
he will lose his life the least at the wall.

www.nostradamus-repository.org...

Translating into modern English:
In other words, a sneak attack (ladder put to the fort means the breaking of a siege... climbing the city walls)

points to fire great murder on the breach.

A sneak attack points to fire, and at the break in the wall (breach) there's slaughter. So we've got a siege of a walled city. The thought then continues with

So we have an attack on a walled city whose walls are destroyed by fire. Huge slaughter, and Mabus dies -- AFTER he dies, the invading army runs in and demolishes civilians and armies. And then the army starts revenging themselves on the population and vice-versa and there's famine and thirst.

And a comet is involved and bright in the sky during this time period.

Now... Nostradamus has been proven wrong (specifically in his 1999 prediction.) This has been linked with other events and those make sense. It's usually thought to refer to the painter Jan Mabuse: Note that Jan Mabuse lived 1478-1532, and died in 1532 in the year of the Shroud of Turin fire, when three comets were seen in the three years 1531-1533, this also being near the time of the Protestant Reformation. (December 4, 1532. A fire in the cathedral in Chambery, France, melted the box holding the shroud, and it was slightly damaged by dripping molten silver dropping on the cloth. The significant event at that time in religious history was the Protestant Reformation, with Martin Luther's movement beginning the Protestant Church, and the Church of England splitting off from the Catholic Church. )

More Stuff About Putin Here:
www.revelation13.net...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
True, the 1999 quatrain, being the last specific date quatrain, seemed to not materialize.... Then again, hindsight isn't always 20/20...
Still, though interesting, we're talking about a 14th/15th century guy here, trying to make sense of what he saw in a bowl....granting that he saw anything at all....

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

So we have an attack on a walled city whose walls are destroyed by fire. Huge slaughter, and Mabus dies -- AFTER he dies, the invading army runs in and demolishes civilians and armies.

I remember reading that the Skull & Bones name of George Bush I was 'Magog'.
So all you need do is add the first two letters of 'Magog' to the first three letters of 'Bush' and you get ... Mabus

So ... maybe the US military will attack a city (Unlikely, I know but you never know
) and during this attack, George Bush I dies. Dubya then uses this as a 'Do it for your ex-pres' kind of thing, resulting in a the normal US patriotic fervour.

Just a thought. But anything is possible.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think that trying to figgure it out is futile. Nostrodamus was as wrong as often as he was right in his predictions. Nero could have also been the assumed anti-christ during his reign. Here's my Version of what it might mean. Nostrodamus was an influencial man, its likely he was hired to create these 'stories' for men in power, because all thru history the world has been run this way. Are the events which have happened planned events? Yes i believe they are planned and that it's been going on for centuries. It's like any Business or Company who want to profit from others. You must have a plan first, and then you implement that plan over time, knowing that your not going to make a fortune at it over night. You do the time and reap the benefits of it. Yes some people do have psychic abilities but there are just as many frauds as well. I'm not saying i'm right or wrong. I just believe that it's intelligent to look at the world from an angle other than the ones we're used to looking at. Seek and you will find the answer, if you're looking in the right place for it.

new topics

top topics

join